• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moving to Southern California

jannimal

Hey guys, so I'm moving to Southern California tomorrow. I'll be living around Costa Mesa and working in Irvine. I was hoping to find a league or leagues to join so I can have some people to play with. I thought it would be fun to join a putting league too if there are any.

Don't know too much about putting leagues in SoCal. But if you want tournament action check these out:

West Coast Disc Golf's FB page for info on weeklies & monthlies at La Mirada & Huntington Beach. LaMi's not too far from Costa Mesa. Huntington Beach is even closer.

Lake Forest Disc Golf's FB page for info on a new disc golf course on a ball golf course. I haven't played there yet but I know they run weeklies and monthlies there. Lake Forest is close to Costa Mesa too.

Lots of weeklies & monthlies closer to LA too @ Oak Grove, Verdugo Hills, Sylmar, etc. Oak Grove DGC's FB page has a lot of info for all that.

If you're interested in PDGA events, check out SoCal Disc Golf Association (they have a Wordpress site and a FB page) which runs a year long points series of PDGA B-tiers & C-tiers from as far south as San Diego up to Bakersfield. The SoCal series usually runs from December with the XMas Open at Sylmar in the San Fernando Valley to the following Novemeber with the SoCal Championship which has recently rotated between locations year to year. Depending on the year and on the will of individual TD's & clubs, there are around 20-25 PDGA SoCal events between San Diego, Orange, LA, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura & Kern counties.

No shortage of tournament action, to be sure. 12 months a year in SoCal.

Hey guys, so I'm moving to Southern California tomorrow. I'll be living around Costa Mesa and working in Irvine. I was hoping to find a league or leagues to join so I can have some people to play with. I thought it would be fun to join a putting league too if there are any.

Welcome to So Cal, where you will never have to wear snow boots or shovel a tee pad to play. Corin pretty much covered the basics.

Here is a link to the So Cal Disc Golf Club website: https://socaldiscgolfclub.wordpress.com/

Nearly every PDGA tournament, monthly and weekly league will make posts on the So Cal Facebook pages with information about the upcoming events:

https://www.facebook.com/SoCal-Disc-Golf-Association-320191347999918/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/socaldiscgolf/

Thanks guys! This is great information, I haven't had a chance to get on here with the move and new job but now that things are settling down Im going to get to start playing again. I'll definitely check these resources out, can't wait to play some tournaments out here too! Thanks again.