• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music or Real Audio for Videos

Music or real audio for DG Videos?

• Music or songs

Votes: 15 8.5%
  • Real sounds during round

Votes: 162 91.5%

• Total voters

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
What do you prefer when watching a DG video, the actual audio taking place at the time or some song/music?

Why no option for both? Most movie making programs allow you to mix a music track with the ambient audio. That is what I'd prefer.

Didn't want to give an option for both at this point, kinda defeats the purpose of finding a preference between music or not. If both then comment here.

Thanks! If you HAD to chose one or the other was the idea I was going for so feel free to vote with that stipulation in mind and it is understood through your comments that both are ideal. Music just tends to be so taste specific for some people.

For a dvd, i definitely prefer natural.
For utube clips, i wouldnt mind music as long as it wasnt techno.

i enjoy good music with some overlaying audio from the actual video. i love hearing chains through some jams edited all nice and clean. cant beat that. otherwise, i enjoy regular audio during live feeds.

It all depends on the context. If it's a highlight reel with lots of quick cuts, then music. If it's more documentary style following a group, real audio.

I don't really care either way, as long as it's not ****ty music, but considering it's a DG video, it probably will be.

Band Camp

I probably would add music to my videos, but only in certain spots. I find it distracting if it's too over the top & drowns out all the natural sounds. I'd love to utilize some local bands in my vids to get them more exposure.
When you upload a video to Youtube, if it gets popular, you can make some money off advertising. But you cant have any music (or content) on there that is not your own (or that you have rights to use). This kind of kills the whole party for me. So no music videos for now :(

A mix of both. I want to hear the chains, but i don't want to hear the wind. Although if the music is bad and doesn't complement the video then I'll mute it. Diskheadcage videos on YouTube is a good example of a mixing.

If its a tech or documentary, then by all means actual sounds. But if its something whimsical, like the Amadeus video, then music would be prefered.

A mix of both, but tastefully done. The ClashDVD series does a good job of cueing up tunes while showing fairways and baskets, but goes with real audio when they have players making throws.

Natural.

Nobody likes my music anyway.

Plus, you can always mute sounds and turn on your own music, You can not mute the music and turn on your own ambient sounds ^^

i enjoy just hearing the audio no music .. fun to hear the players talking to one another .. or just complaining :p