• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I think I'm going to pick up a second amp in a lighter weight then I have for clearer days. These fairways will replace the Stalker, River, and Teebird set up.

So having just started playing and trying to NOT have a one make bag I have started looking at the smaller mfgs.. The Amp appears to be rather similar to the archangel that I am currently using.
That said, I decided to order one.

Then I found this thread, thanks to a very clever stamp that plays on the discs name, I ordered 3.. 2 red and one white first-run. So not only did I get more than I was thinking I spent more also..
Thanks. ;-)

FYI, DiscNation does still have a decent amount of first runs if you are willing to pay....

Ive officially given up on the Amp. I just didnt find it predictable at all and hard to get that smooth left to right shot (being rhbh). Ive changed to the underworld and love em so far. Understable all the time.

Ive officially given up on the Amp. I just didnt find it predictable at all and hard to get that smooth left to right shot (being rhbh). Ive changed to the underworld and love em so far. Understable all the time.

My experience too :(. My first run White Amp is shelved for the time being for it's lack of understability. I'll revisit it in the field when the time comes.

My experience too :(. My first run White Amp is shelved for the time being for it's lack of understability. I'll revisit it in the field when the time comes.

Yeah--the white Amps are a beast altogether unique. Originally, I was disappointed, but I've taken a real liking to it.

The whites definitely have a greater degree of HSS than other colors/runs, but not so much that they won't flip up from a hyzer. However, they DO preserve the blessedly-small LSS of the other Amps, making this a dead-nuts straight hyzer-flipper. Where my other Amps will hyzer-flip to turn, the white will hyzer up to flat, fly straight forever, and then fade ever-so-gently.

So for me, the white Amp does a lower powers what my Volt does on a full rip. It also makes for some beautiful sky-anhyzers that sit down gently. Yesterday I parked a 380' hole with that exact shot. Felt awesome.

You guys need to get a new AMP, the new ones are understable as intended. MVP did a good job tweaking the consistency i think.

Don't get white though, get the yellow/green color, i find those to be the same and very consistent always.

You guys need to get a new AMP, the new ones are understable as intended. MVP did a good job tweaking the consistency i think.

Don't get white though, get the yellow/green color, i find those to be the same and very consistent always.

I had three of them, my latest was very new 167g. My impression didnt change much from the first runs.

Yea i dont throw the Amp myself, i like my river for understable slot.

I don't dislike the Amp however, just not the type of "understable" i was looking for.

I just didnt find it predictable at all...
I think I may have said the same thing about my beat Vision in another thread.

During my last round, I used that Vision to great success, and came to the realization that there is no such thing as an unpredictable disc.

There are only inconsistent throws.

Noticeable differences in PLH? Where did you get the new ones?

I find my amp to not be understable at least compared to my meteor. Is this an unfair comparison or am I doing something major wrong? I heard they can be very nose angle sensitive.

I'd say my Amp is somewhat nose angle sensitive. But as long as I get a decent flat throw, it's gonna turn. Not alot, but it will turn. If it's aimed high, I definitely have to put some anhyzer on it.

If you don't throw with at least 350' of power most Amps will be pretty neutral.

Noticeable differences in PLH? Where did you get the new ones?

couple weeks ago i went in on an MVP order with my local shop at close to wholesale to get some new runs of amp/volt/shock and picked up a stack of all the other MVP molds to share and sell.

If you don't throw with at least 350' of power most Amps will be pretty neutral.

After reading thru the last couple pages, it appears that I have one of the freak stable Amps. I was really hoping for something sort of flippy, so I guess I'll have to try a newer "tweaked" model.
:\

If you're less than 350 ft of power flatten you're amp and it will be nicely understable