• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Which is a 2nd run Ion? Are those the textured-bottoms? I have a couple textured-bottoms and find them noticeably less stable than my Wizards. Granted, I don't have a newer Ion to compare them to. And to think, I was interested in checking out a Warlock or 3...

Second runs are the textured runs. Which are not nearly as stable as the 3rd or 4th runs.

Which is a 2nd run Ion? Are those the textured-bottoms? I have a couple textured-bottoms and find them noticeably less stable than my Wizards. Granted, I don't have a newer Ion to compare them to. And to think, I was interested in checking out a Warlock or 3...

i do, and the biggest thing i notice is the bead size. on my 2nd 1st run soft, it is noticably smaller than my eclipse bead which equals less stability but not much, it still holds its line

Textured bottoms were on the 2nd and some 3rd runs.

2nd runs have a smaller bead than the current ones, textured 3rd runs look and fly like the current ones do.

Not if you think I'm a liar :D My buddy has one and I've seen a few others in stores but I don't have any on hand to photograph. If you've seen my blue and white opaque Ions in my videos they look and fly just like those save for the texture. Tooled rim and stuff.

I despise the textured bottom

I loved it for some reason. I realize I was in the minority there though. Those 2nd runs are a reason I am just storing discs I stop using now. lol I wanted those again and they weren't there and I hate trying to chase down specific OOP runs.

I loved it for some reason. I realize I was in the minority there though. Those 2nd runs are a reason I am just storing discs I stop using now. lol I wanted those again and they weren't there and I hate trying to chase down specific OOP runs.

I agree. I love the textured bottom. Unfortunately only bought one and when I decided I wanted another one I couldn't find the textured bottom Ions anymore :doh:

Not if you think I'm a liar :D My buddy has one and I've seen a few others in stores but I don't have any on hand to photograph. If you've seen my blue and white opaque Ions in my videos they look and fly just like those save for the texture. Tooled rim and stuff.

I too have some of these.

I'm super excited for the Anode. The impression I got from Chad is that this disc has been designed to fill the neutral gap in MVP's putter lineup that opened up as the improved Ions ended up flying consistently more stable. I can't wait to test these...I prefer the feel of the newer Ions, so I'm happy to be getting a straighter compliment that will feel similar (compared to the old Ions).

I'm currently messaging Chad some questions including:
Will FRs be soft or medium?
How different is the Anode's wing profile from the Ion's?

I'm super excited for the Anode. The impression I got from Chad is that this disc has been designed to fill the neutral gap in MVP's putter lineup that opened up as the improved Ions ended up flying consistently more stable. I can't wait to test these...I prefer the feel of the newer Ions, so I'm happy to be getting a straighter compliment that will feel similar (compared to the old Ions).

I'm currently messaging Chad some questions including:
Will FRs be soft or medium?
How different is the Anode's wing profile from the Ion's?

I hope they are softs... doesn't matter that much though.

Now if they would make a putter with something between Rhyno to VP stability with a good hard fading finish I would in heaven. I will buy 5 anodes I am sure cause I love MVP putters. I would love one to replace my rhynos (I love my rhynos though).

Awesome discs.

I am really loving MVP. 2 Putters and 2 Mids is decent I guess. I have an Ion and Ion Glow.. Then I got a Vector.. I'll be picking up an Axis and either a Vector/Axis glow. Any recommendations. Ion or this new disc for windy conditions?

If I am reading right, then this disc will be a bit deeper than the Ion. I don't know if I will like it if it is because I prefer a shallower putter for putting. I will have to check it out though.

If I am reading right, then this disc will be a bit deeper than the Ion. I don't know if I will like it if it is because I prefer a shallower putter for putting. I will have to check it out though.

You are not reading this right. It will have a wider inner diameter by .1 cm and will be 0.2 cm less deep in rim depth.

It won't be deeper than the Ion, in fact I'm pretty sure it will share the same core as the Ion just as the Axis shares the Vector's core. The differences in numbers probably have more to do with the plastics used than anything. The original Ion specs were from a pre-FR proto that was completely clear, which was probably pretty different from today's production Ion (different enough to account for a couple of mm here or there). So I think the inside of the core will feel identical to the Ion with the biggest difference in feel coming where the overmold meets the bead. On the Ion you can feel the bead, but I'm assuming the Anode overmold will have a bit fatter lower wing section that comes down over the bead.

I am really loving MVP. 2 Putters and 2 Mids is decent I guess. I have an Ion and Ion Glow.. Then I got a Vector.. I'll be picking up an Axis and either a Vector/Axis glow. Any recommendations. Ion or this new disc for windy conditions?
I'd avoid greater understability (like the Anode over the Ion) in wind especially for headwinds which makes your disc more understable and adds lift. Read this Discraft wind article. It changed everything for me and really helped me out when I started playing. I swear it's won me tournaments.
http://www.discraft.com/res_wind06_p1.html - "Mastering The Wind"

I just got a little more info from Chad...The Anode is going to have a rounded nose like the Ion that transitions into a flat bevel straight to the bottom of the disc. It sounds like a more aerodynamic Aviar P&A/Warlock style profile with the inside feel of the Ion.