• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Axiom needs to make a version of the Anode, with a lower profile, like the Envy.

eeeeh. the anode is perfect for how i like to putt; it feels really deep in the hand which is amazing. the envy has too much room in my hand for consistent putting. maybe if they make softs.

eeeeh. the anode is perfect for how i like to putt; it feels really deep in the hand which is amazing. the envy has too much room in my hand for consistent putting. maybe if they make softs.

Thinking more for driving than putting. I like my soft anodes just fine for putting.

I totally agree, but I'm considering adding a Zone since I don't like overstable mids.

i roll with soft proton anode/proton envy/puddletop ESP zone and i really have not encountered a shot i couldn't handle. i've only played 12 courses, mind you. all three of these discs go far enough to overlap considerably with midranges and that's okay by me. i've gone back to my putter-throwing ways whereas when i was throwing the wizard i was more likely to throw a beaten up ghost from a standstill.

the only "tough" shot with this setup, imo, is a turnover or right turning lines. when thrown clean the anode will not turn. it will hold anny but the softs i've got have some LSS that makes them flex back.

once i got accustomed to the immense HSS these things have i nearly stopped throwing the envy except when there is a decent wind. the anode is much more fun to throw for me.

i'll also say that i haven't had a single issue with spit-throughs and only once bounce-out which was my own fault. i putt in what is probably considered the most "medium" style ever. not too fast, not too slow, not too much arc and not a laser. just a little disc on its way to the basket, bangin' some chains and then falling down. those of you with a more aggressive putt may have different results. once you get close to the basket, putting with softs, if you putt too softly you risk rolling off the chains to the left more than with other putters. that's about all i've noticed.

I have made the decision to stick with my Anodes all year. Last year I got frustrated with them and bought some EZE Pures which I had success with ...for about 3 weeks. I still throw one in the bag if its raining, but adjusting my grip this year on putts has made a big difference. I will start messing with my softs more to see if I like them for putting, since i have always putted the firms.

I used to love rock hard proton Ions but since changed my tune. You might like the soft anode for putts and extra bit of give. Soft MVP discs are not floppy due to the OM I believe which makes them hold rigidity of the mold and not warp while giving great grip through the softer feel.

Last edited:
the only "tough" shot with this setup, imo, is a turnover or right turning lines. when thrown clean the anode will not turn. it will hold anny but the softs i've got have some LSS that makes them flex back.

Yep... I agree. I have found that the Envy holds a very nice anny. So if I have the height, I'll throw that. But, until Axiom comes out with an understable Envy (which will likely replace the Anode for me), I'm throwing a beat Tangent for short turnovers.

Fwiw, I've tried a PA4 for this shot & was surprised at how unpredictable it was. Sometimes it would turn, and other times it wouldn't.

I used to love rock hard proton Ions but since changed my tune. You might like the soft anode for putts and extra bit of give. Soft MVP discs are not floppy due to the OM I believe which makes them hold rigidity of the mold and not warp while giving great grip through the softer feel.

Yeah, I have gone back and forth with which one I prefer for putting. I use my soft primarily for driving and upshots that I don't use my Tangent for.

I've been using Anodes for putting for almost 2 years now. I was a pitch putter and it worked pretty good except I could never get any distance. So, outside the circle was a jump putt and a prayer.

For the last few months I've been giving spin putting a twirl and recently it's really been kicking in. Yesterday I studied a bunch of Paul McBeth's putts and mimicked a few things he does which has my putting possibly the best it's every been.

In trying spin putting I bought a hard Judge 2 weeks ago and dropped the Anode for now. So, with the changes from Paul's technique I'm really hitting longer putts but at yesterday I pulled out the Anode again after hearing Paul say he likes a non-beaded putter due to cleaner release and more glide.

So, now I'm thinking of going back to my Anodes or maybe trying a Warden. I love the feel of the base plastic of the Judge/Warden but I love my MVP too.

Do other MVP putter throwers find that the Anode and/or Ion have more glide than other putters?

For premi plastic they glide very well IMO specially at a little lighter weight without acting as squirrelly as other lighter putters.

I've found I never miss putts that I could have thrown better. I hear people blaming misse dputts on baskets, the discs, the wind, etc. I try to place as much blame for my game on myself as possible. Disc didn't fly "right?" Throw it better. Putt bounced out of basket? Hit lower on the pole. Disc hit chains on either side and didn't stick? Maybe if I didn't suck, and hit dead center every time it wouldn't fall out! Putting is all on you. I have made plenty of putts with 11x Firebirds while upset about missing the first one. Granted, Firebirds always putt, :p, but if champ plastic thrown hard can stick, just putt better, and they will all stick.

Do soft proton Anodes have more glide than reg proton Anodes? I Don't have a soft P Anode yet.

IMO not really but they might puddle top a little faster which definitely gives ions some added glide. I find the most glide out of a very roughly seasoned neutron disc where it is no longer glossy on the top or bottom of the flight plate.