• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I have a hard time seeing how a scratched up disc glides better. Seems it would create more friction than a smooth surface. I'm not saying I don't believe it or haven't experienced it myself. It would appear it goes against the laws of physics. Then again I am not a scientist, just a simple layman that enjoys watching discs fly.

Bernoulli's Principle. Same reason a sailboat moves upwind and an airplane flies. Air moving over the top of the wing more slowly creates a higher pressure differential. Equals more lift. Equals more glide.

I have a hard time seeing how a scratched up disc glides better. Seems it would create more friction than a smooth surface. I'm not saying I don't believe it or haven't experienced it myself. It would appear it goes against the laws of physics. Then again I am not a scientist, just a simple layman that enjoys watching discs fly.

Bernoulli's Principle. Same reason a sailboat moves upwind and an airplane flies. Air moving over the top of the wing more slowly creates a higher pressure differential. Equals more lift. Equals more glide.

Yep. Same reason that golf balls are dimpled and not smooth.

its why DX discs glide better than champion discs from new to beat its always about the surface friction against the air. Any smooth surface is going to essentially fly "faster".. Hope that helps to keep it simple.

Ah now I get it. Same reason wenge is smoother to the touch than maple even though wenge has a much more open grain pattern and rougher surface than maple which is very smooth with closed grain. Less surface area to create friction. Yah I'm a wood worker, who now understands science. Disc golf learns me thangs:)

I want to apologize to my anodes. They have sat in my backup bin all summer while I flirt with the envy. Well me and the envy broke up for circle putting. Took the anodes and envies out to my local course and putted for a solid 1.5 hours and the anode just won hands down. where the envy was stopping short or low all day the anode was crashing chains. The feel is different too after putting envies for the last few months but after a few putts it all came back to me. Thank god I didn't sell off my whole anode stash!

I love my Anodes but I seem to get significant fade at the end. Would this mean that I'm not putting enough spin on them?

I love my Anodes but I seem to get significant fade at the end. Would this mean that I'm not putting enough spin on them?

You are probably releasing on a hyzer angle. Anodes do have fade, but it's not significant if thrown flat.

bigsky hit it on the nose, but i'd also like to add that all 4 soft anodes i've owned have had more fade than the 3 medium i've owned. so if you're throwing a soft, and throwing hyzer, it may surprise you. i know it did me. anodes have bunches of HSS.

small sample size, but yah.

i can putt with the anode in the wind just fine. nose up will generate a nice fade. I've peen putting anodes for quite some time and know them inside and out. either way there are 2 envies always close too!

I was really surprised initially at the fade also...I thought they were supposed to be "neutral" or minimal fade. Not that there's a lot...but there is fade.

As was already stated, they hold a hyzer line like crazy. To the point where if you have even a tiny bit of hyzer release, it's going to amplify the Anode's fade. Pretty much whenever the Anode has a bigger fade than expected, I know it's because of my release angle. If I throw it hard and actually flat, it only fades about 5' or so. It holds the hyzer so well that I've actually been using it for mild hyzer approaches a lot, since I trust it to hold that the whole way, compared to my ability to throw exactly flat.

^that's happening and yes I skeeted.

Threw 3 anodes today "chucker" style at a 9 hole course with my fellow chuckers distance drivers in hands and reminded me how great of a mold the anode is. Works slow turnovers much better than a ion without being forced but has good stability to hold up to the wind. I hope the proxy is a hair less HSS though as the anode really loves to just go straight and doesn't flip over much from a hyzer even into headwind when in pretty beat condition-- all these discs were from my practice basket and have some major wear but fly GREAT. I was putting lights out with the anode and hardly noticed a difference from my Ions.

I love putters. Goodnight.

Last edited:
hey "aim for leeann chins" you should try the envy! its not really a putter but its new and comes in a pink and purple combo so thats really cool! anodes are old school man! i wish theyd stop making those stupid things!!!!! lol

Pft. i hate fried rice! specially **** sitting behind a glass counter :|

Envys are so pretty...but Anodes do work like a down @$$ beotch.

I liked the Anode better when it was a mismolded Ion from the early days. :\

Latest posts