• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I just picked up an Ion and an Anode.

I haven't thrown either very much in play because I can't decide between them.

#Firstworldproblems

I just picked up an Ion and an Anode.

I haven't thrown either very much in play because I can't decide between them.

#Firstworldproblems

Well the Ion should dump a little more at the very end of putts, where as the anode will want to keep gliding forward and hold longer, but may go farther past if you miss.

this can be good or bad,

It depends how you putt..

If you push, pitch, or have a more direct, fast putt you might use an Ion.

If you float it more, elevator putt, touch/finness spin putt in a way that prevents blowbys in the first place, an anode works great and is a very accurate choice.

Whatever you do, stay consistent with a routine and stick to it!

I have offically become hated with some of my buddies after this weekend. My black anode was just stupid this weekend. i think i missed one putt inside 40 all weekend and hit 4 over 80. i remembered that the anode loves spin. Man when you dial the anode in its deadly. Off the tee the eclipse anodes are proving to make ions a distant memory. I do miss my soft ions, but the anode can do what the ion can, but the ion cannot do what the anode can at least for me. if i need fade i tip the nose up some. if i need longer i toss a tiny anny on it and let it work back. even with this recent luck i still long for a base line from MVP. I know its a dead horse, but i still look at other putters. if there was a base line anode i would stop searching forever.

^my putter brother.

I too run the black on black and an eclipse anode.

only difference is I use them both as a putter and throw the JOKERi off the tee instead.

I've tried to like the anode for putting but I just don't find it consistent like my kc aviars it does drive nice, but man it just loves to bounce off the pole MVP needs base plastic like an addict needs his fix!

I've tried to like the anode for putting but I just don't find it consistent like my kc aviars it does drive nice, but man it just loves to bounce off the pole MVP needs base plastic like an addict needs his fix!

Why would an anode bounce out more than any other disc?

I have heard this before, but it wasn't said about the anode and the guy was clearly not a good putter.

Don't putt so hard...The Anode actually flies, unlike the KC Aviar. When I putt a KC Aviar, compared to my Anode it drops like a rock. And I'm not being a smart ass, rather I've seen this again and again when letting people try my putters.

I've recently been hitting lots of really long putts with my new Neutron Anode! :D

+1
Picked up some used Ions cheap about a month ago and immediately started seeing improved putt&approach. But I wanted something with less fade for going straight at the basket. Bit the bullet and got a variety of Anodes. I have spent a bit of time practicing with them. Again I notice an improvement in percentage of putts made and better controlled/shaped upshots.

Only complaint I have on MVP putters is that they seem to roll off a lot instead of stopping/sliding out where they land.

I just picked up an Anode for my wife, and is a great feeling disc. I didn't want to throw it too much myself because I was afraid of falling in love with it.

A little off subject, but I've been toying around with this idea in my head for quite awhile now.
To start off, by all accounts I love love love my anodes and ions. I primarily putt with a rather stiff neutron anode I received from a friend and fell in love immediately. This lead to the addition of a second Anode and two Ions in my bag. These two putters alone kicked out the, beat to all hell star aviar in my bag that flew straight as an arrow, and two KC Aviars I used for longer putts and approaches. Living in Michigan I'm blessed with a plethora of beautiful courses; and a bi-polar version of Mother Nature. As of late my addiction for disc golf has really gotten hold of me and I try to play daily at a local nine holer or around the property. It's been probably the most fun I've ever had playing the sport this year but I find that during rainy days for whatever reason I just cannot seem to release my putters to save my life. This isn't a cry for a new plastic, I absolutely love both neutron and proton plastics but what if MVP somehow was able to tool in a small track, for lack of better word to call it. In the top maybe 1/4" wide, just slightly off the edge of the mold where you'd normally put your thumb at. But instead of being an actual depression in the flight plate, be filled back in with a material similar to an old gummy overmold. I think this would greatly improve any players ability to apply spin on the disc rain or shine, and in my experience every MVP mold I've thrown lives off spin. This "spin pad" would in theory increase spin by creating a surface with high friction. I don't know just an idea.

Get a heavier weight.
Don't putt so hard.
Break it in.

When my Anode was new it bounced out a few times but quickly beat in. Now, a few months later I can't remember the last time it bounced out.

All three of those suggestions are already fulfilled its max weight and its beat in. As for not putting hard meh don't know about that putt through it not to it. I am a solid putter but for me the anode wasn't I know all the MVP guys always have a suggestion but it just doesn't compare to any other putter I've used
Wizards, kc aviars, and judges all three of which I feel are way better at putting than the anode.

How is a putter better at putting?:p
I use soft Anodes which is probably not what you have anyway.

My anode is soft and what I said makes perfect sense to me at least lol I find certain putters better for driving and others better for putting.

How is a putter better at putting?:p
I use soft Anodes which is probably not what you have anyway.

dude your right, i can putt well with any putter.. it just comes down to what you like the feel of and what "clicks" with you when you first try it.. when i first tried an Ion, it clicked with me and i have been an Ion addict ever since. But i used to use magnets, challengers, and wizards before i used the ion, they all worked just as well. I guess i just liked the Ion because it was "new" and it gave me a mental boost that improved my game not because of the ion itself, but mentally gave me that confidence.

I do keep a special organic blend Wizard in the bag for rainy day wet disc confidence though..

I threw only Discmania & Innova until today. I have bought a variety of molds from different companies but none ever replaced my Innova & Discmania discs until today. I've been looking for a driving putter to pair with my Champ Rhyno & I bought a Glow Proton Anode from a friend for $7. I put it in my bag today to test out. I tend to have "auditions" with discs & compare them to the current disc I use to fill the slot the test disc is used for. I really liked my Anode more than my Star Aviar Driver for my stable driving putter. After a few causal rounds today using the Anode before leagues I decided to use it instead of my Aviar Driver for leagues & it performed really well for me. I just got a Champ Dart I'm gonna compare it to but as of right now the Anode is working great for me so its my main driving putter now. MVP isn't all that bad :D

bought another soft proton anode today.

in the bag as my putting putter for a test round today and i only missed 4 times in two rounds within the circle. go figure. it's stupid neutral on the approach, i love it.

Also I don't see the spit through issues. The soft bangs chains and drops straight down, it's dumb how dead this thing is on impact. Maybe if you're hyzer putting and therefore getting no shock absorption from the soft core against the chains while also sliding chains against the candy plastic, or putting too hard.

This thing also has glide for days. It really makes putting effortless, I was incredibly impressed.

Soft anode is great.

On an off topic, why did the board let you post on a really old thread but it wouldn't let me post on a 39 day old thread.

There is a checkbook under the text space where you type that says "i understand this is an old thread but I would like to reply anyway."

Stole a ctp with the anode today and the Envy crushes. It's kinda silly. The Envy/anode combo is just gorgeous.