• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

My soft p anode flies very similar to my soft ions on putts (straight with same amout of fade). Only diffrence is that floats like a brick in the air. I use to drive with it a lot back home, but up here I have very few chances to use it. The approach shots that use to belong to the anode, now belong to either my tangent or neutron soft Ion.

Not sure if my anode is an oddity...but I still like it. I need to get a medium neutron and compare the two.

IMO the Anode is the best overall putter I've tried. Something about the way an Ion sits in my hand just feels so right though.

I love the Anode. It's a great putter overall. I've been missing alot of putts lately and have been blaming it on the Anode.. But it's really me (obviously).. Working almost every single day hurts when you wanna play disc golf.. :(

I just had the worst round of all time with my Anode.. I missed 5 birdie putts, 2 par putts, and 20 practice putts in a row.. With only 1 putt worth mentioning the whole day.. I wish I could blame myself but I continue to do worse and worse with this disc as it ages.. There was a mild wind but does that render the disc useless?? Wind should not influence putting that much.. Idk, my Vector and Volt also preformed quite poorly. However my Surge, Buzzz, Amp, and Tangent performed flawless. Set me up so many times and gave me great shots the whole day.

^off days suck. i always want to blame the disc but i know better. maybe its time for a fresh anode? My main black neutron has softened up a bit, maybe lost some stability compared to my freshy fresh. wind is tricky, i had several shots the other day that i hit my line and was playing the wind only to have it shift on me and swat my disc like a rented mule out of the air.

^off days suck. i always want to blame the disc but i know better. maybe its time for a fresh anode? My main black neutron has softened up a bit, maybe lost some stability compared to my freshy fresh. wind is tricky, i had several shots the other day that i hit my line and was playing the wind only to have it shift on me and swat my disc like a rented mule out of the air.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do.. haha. The wind helps me alot too. Tailwind today made my Amp a par machine.. Birdie machine if I could make some putts..

I just bought a fresh Anode about 3 weeks ago. Thinking of throwing it in the bag but I'm not ready to move on from my two putters. The Black and Yellow combo have been in the bag for 11 months now and played a ton of rounds.. Hard to let them go. I think I just need to relax a little bit more.

It's not how I throw because that's remained the same.. It's not the discs fault that it didn't go in.. I'm gonna blame it on me working 30min before playing and having an incredibly stressful day. I gave my Anode(s) a bath afterwards because I felt bad for blaming it on them haha :D

I just had the worst round of all time with my Anode.. I missed 5 birdie putts, 2 par putts, and 20 practice putts in a row.. With only 1 putt worth mentioning the whole day.. I wish I could blame myself but I continue to do worse and worse with this disc as it ages.. There was a mild wind but does that render the disc useless?? Wind should not influence putting that much.. Idk, my Vector and Volt also preformed quite poorly. However my Surge, Buzzz, Amp, and Tangent performed flawless. Set me up so many times and gave me great shots the whole day.

Discs don't perform poorly my friend...They don't make you mistime your throw, mess up your release angle, or throw off-line. For putting, the same general motion should be able to put every disc in your bag in the basket from 25', so I don't think you can blame misses on a disc either.

Take a couple days off. Perhaps you've got some sore muscle groups throwing your muscle memory off. Bad days are complicated, but every golfer has them. It's best not to dwell on them any more than it takes to know what you were doing wrong (even if it's simply you were sore and didn't feel your shots at all). Sometimes you won't figure out what was wrong...You still just have to let it go. Don't go the superstitious route...

Discs don't perform poorly my friend...They don't make you mistime your throw, mess up your release angle, or throw off-line. For putting, the same general motion should be able to put every disc in your bag in the basket from 25', so I don't think you can blame misses on a disc either.

Take a couple days off. Perhaps you've got some sore muscle groups throwing your muscle memory off. Bad days are complicated, but every golfer has them. It's best not to dwell on them any more than it takes to know what you were doing wrong (even if it's simply you were sore and didn't feel your shots at all). Sometimes you won't figure out what was wrong...You still just have to let it go. Don't go the superstitious route...

Yeah I know haha. I'm putting my money on work. I had one of those just off days. Can't blame the disc but I those were shots I can hit 9/10 times. So yeah I agree with you. It's easiest to blame the disc but it's not there fault. You should have seen how many bad shots I was having though.. The anode just everywhere on the basket but in.. It was beyond frustrating. It was like they were possessed. :confused:

I'll be back out when my Proton Volt arrives though :clap:

Inquiring minds want to know how this happened

The burn...I work in a kitchen...few seconds of being unobservant and I placed my hand on hot metal, and was supporting my weight with that arm so I couldn't pull my hand off right away.

Broken finger...I was running around Oak Ledges, because at hole 14 I realized I forgot to shoot the teesigns for the previous 3 holes. Slipped on a moss covered bridge that was wet from rain, my own dumb fault. Didn't drop my camera, but busted my hand up pretty good. I think I put the hand shot in between holes 13 and 14 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhyUnpw3y8

At least I feel pretty healed up for todays tourney. Just kind of tired from moving furniture the past few days. Oh well, I'm confident I'm going to do fine. Just gonna head out and practice my putts and relax until the 9am tee off.

Got my best friend hooked on MVP, gave him this Anode and he loves it!

its a unique, orange at the middle and fades to yellow at the edge, its beautiful.

4hhg.jpg

now if i could get a unique ION like this..

the new run of regular protron/eclipse is money! been putting with regular anodes in close and switch to the n from farther out. hit some loooonnng putts this week with these anodes. super fun disc. my new first choice for a one disc round. So glad i revisited this disc.

the new run of regular protron/eclipse is money! been putting with regular anodes in close and switch to the n from farther out. hit some loooonnng putts this week with these anodes. super fun disc. my new first choice for a one disc round. So glad i revisited this disc.

Wait, the new Protons feel better?? Because my Neutron Anode's have been terrible as of late. I may have to pick up some new ones here.. Which sucks. Idk, I'm about to grab my new Neutron and see if it's me or those discs are just too old.

Weird, I ordered two extra N Anodes, and a green eclipse(yoshi) Anode today. What a perfect day for this thread to be revived.

The anode is my approach and short drive disc. The banger is still my putting putter. I love that thing

You name your discs too?

My black anode is named deGrasse after Neil deGrasse Tyson, my black amp is called deGrasse's cousin, and my Axis is Fletcherman.

I've got one putter in my 20 disc and it's the Anode. It can do everything I need of a putter. I pitch putt and the Medium 175 N Anode (White) is the very best I've every owned and I've been through a TON of putters.

On my list of discs to get I want another N Anode but want to try it at 169 to see if it helps my distance and pitch putt with a lighter disc. I threw a friends 170 Iron for a few putts and it felt really good. I'm getting a blank white one because I've got a sick Darth Vader Dye I'm going to do on it.

Latest posts