• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

my soft judge was popping out yesterday and my anode did not. ALL PUTTERS WILL SPIT OR BOUNCE OUT. can we move on from this subject.

anodes rule all other putters drool

Got an Ace with a N Annode just now on the way to set a nice new record on my 10 holes of -8. I'm getting ready to finish the 18 hole loop so it's nice to feel like I finally conquered this 10 (so to speak) as I had been stuck on a -6 PB for a while. Also it's really great to start a round with an ace and then follow with three birds. Hard to mess that up and luckily I didn't.

Hole 1 at my course North Side Narrows.

I'll likely cut in behind it and to the right another 50-80 feet once I've finished everything else and make the pinch a tree wider to make a longer setting that's more of a driver or midrange shot depending on who you are.

1st ace on this hole, 5th total this year, 2nd at my course this , and 1st ever true Putter ace (only zone before that). That last one is exciting because I always throw this type of shot FH with a zone but I have been working on forcing the BH sometimes so it's nice to see great results.

Last edited:
better resolution...

f60a0ab461c34b3347055d52a8329668.jpg

Tangent and axis work but i'd say it's between a tangent and putter just depending on the height you want to throw. The ace with the anode was aimed quite high and came into the chains pretty gracefully. Stable discs like Axis tend to get sucked left into those trees towards the creek because the basket is up on that bench area but it can certainly work.

What's the best way to putt the anode?i like the feel of it but for some reason I get it down and then I don't and then I chain out..

Putt it just like any beadless putter. In the technique forum you can find bunches of info on different putting techniques.

Just Got My Anode...

After debating between a Pure and an Anode for my approach & driving putter, I settled on a 173 Soft Eclipse after reading a lot of positive Anode feedback here. Several in my group throw the Pure and I've been impressed with how dead straight they can throw it for quite a ways. I've thrown a couple rounds with it now and I'm impressed with the shaped approaches whether it be hyzer or anhyzer however I haven't been able to get a frozen rope out of it yet, I've cooked it every drive but I'm confident it will come in time.

For me I have to hyzer flip the anode for the dead straight shots or power down my throw. Personally I prefer to hyzer flip it more often because I can still really get into it and not worry about throwing short. I own 4 anodes in different stages of wear. I'd say the thing with the anode is it's all about a smooth, strong hit if you want it to go straight.

In my experience the Anode doesn't have any high speed turn unless you are pushing it 250'+. It must be thrown smooth and with no/minimal OAT. I use softs and I feel they are little more overstable than the regs. Neutrons kind of fly in between the two Protons IMO.

I've got a medium Neutron that is money but I use it mainly for putting as I'm not a big fan of throwing putters off the tee. I'd rather throw a Tangent or Axis if I were in the range I'd use a putter.

Well I gave the anode fever to about 10 guys today at that doubles tourney. God I love this disc! Neutron medium anodes are money!

I've recently been hitting lots of really long putts with my new Neutron Anode! :D

For me I have to hyzer flip the anode for the dead straight shots or power down my throw. Personally I prefer to hyzer flip it more often because I can still really get into it and not worry about throwing short. I own 4 anodes in different stages of wear. I'd say the thing with the anode is it's all about a smooth, strong hit if you want it to go straight.

Try the Ion, i prefer it for drives.

Latest posts