• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Black Hole Pro HD

From what others say is HD has more chains on the basket and has paint stay on better. If I were getting a basket to practice and I wanted a lower priced quality basket, I would get the MVP model in the bright colors preferably orange or yellow due to weather in my area.

Last edited:
I put in black hole pro hds on my backyard course last year and I couldn't be happier with them. No rust after spending a year in the elements of upstate NY. They catch very well for the price point. I would say they catch very similarly to discatchers. The only thing I've seen them do that the more expensive baskets don't is bounce putts out from the bottom of the basket on strong hyzer putts that don't hit much chains due of the slanted/shorter cage. This has only happened on a few putts of hundreds of rounds played though, besides, putts that hit that hard against the bottom of the basket are not "good" putts IMO even though they might stay in on a more expensive basket.

From what others say is HD has more chains on the basket and has paint stay on better. If I were getting a basket to practice and I wanted a lower priced quality basket, I would get the MVP model in the bright colors preferably orange or yellow due to weather in my area.

The baskets with "has paint stay on better" are the Axiom baskets, which are the same, but come in different colors than the MVP. From what I understand.

Yeah, I read through this piece. I was really more interested in the difference between the Pro and Pro HD models. Haven't found any detailed reviews of the HD version anywhere.

I did however come across a good deal at my local DG store (2-hours away) on a Latitude 64 ProBasket Trainer. It is very nice, very happy with it. Not much in way of reviews on it either but, I had it right in front of me and made the purchase. Glad I did. Anyone want any info on it let me know.

Thanks you all for the replies.

The baskets with "has paint stay on better" are the Axiom baskets, which are the same, but come in different colors than the MVP. From what I understand.

Both the HD and the Axiom baskets have paint that stays on better then the standard MVP Black Hole Pro basket, however the Axiom might have the base paint be the black for the MVP Black Hole Pro and HD from what I can tell from reviews is it has a better basket, extra chains as well as a better paint job possibly a second layer of the black. I have seen with a few reviews that the Black Hole Pro has chipping sometimes from just using it and that person has brought the basket in from the elements either in a Garage or House. The HD version only has those problems if it is left out all winter. I would personally buy that Innova Sport Knockoff From Titan for a yard basket and add a layer of clear coat spray to the whole basket after making the top have a 1 on it, if I did not go for the lowest of quality semi-portable baskets being the Axiom models that are only $10 more then the MVP Black Hole.

Yeah, I read through this piece. I was really more interested in the difference between the Pro and Pro HD models. Haven't found any detailed reviews of the HD version anywhere.

I did however come across a good deal at my local DG store (2-hours away) on a Latitude 64 ProBasket Trainer. It is very nice, very happy with it. Not much in way of reviews on it either but, I had it right in front of me and made the purchase. Glad I did. Anyone want any info on it let me know.

Thanks you all for the replies.

I think the Latitude 64 model of basket is good one from online Amazon reviews. I was using Amazon Reviews for the baskets on here. I would not buy the Westside model that has a single set of outer chains, those baskets will have the chains get rusty from just using the basket on a foggy or very humid day without rain also the inner pole, people say it feels like gas line piping making the basket heavier then it needs to be.

MVP Disc Sports: Gravity (Championship level) & Black Hole Pro HD (Basic level)

Just noticed this on the approved targets list. Did I miss an announcement somewhere or is something new? Tried to do a search and didn't find anything...