• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't call the proton flippy but less stable yes. It also powers down so nicely. At 60 percent it rides the fade for a good 100 feet and is just a pleasure to bend around trees where an over stable mid might crash too hard and roll.

Me too. Currently my "straight" max D driver I click the best with is a Quasar I've been throwing since early Spring. I'd love for them to put out something like a speed 12-13 driver with Proton Volt stability. A distance mold that doesn't need beat in...yet something I can rip hard and know it will hold straight, and as it seasons and develops a hint of turn it will have so much distance potential.

If I am not limited by a low ceiling I can already get Volts out there surprisingly close to my speed 13's. I think when they do release a distance driver, it could be my longest disc.

I'm also pumped to see a Resistor speed Amp style disc. I like the Amp but I've decided to cycle Volts for now. I could find room for something slower thogh, like DX Leopard stability with the Resistor core.

My hope when they finally do speed 12-13 discs is that they can maintain the narrow rim similar to what the volt core has. It would be nice to finally have a distance driver that fits comfortably in my little hands.

My hope when they finally do speed 12-13 discs is that they can maintain the narrow rim similar to what the volt core has. It would be nice to finally have a distance driver that fits comfortably in my little hands.

the size of the rim is what makes a speed 13 disc a "speed 13". if you have smaller hands use 9,10 or 11 speed.

My first round with the resistor and I'm a believer. I threw it into a stiff headwind with a ton of power (a max tug) attempting to hold a straight, low line with a hearty fade.

To my amazement it really fought the headwind, rode straight for 90% if it's flight then ate the wind with a sharp late fade. I have to say, the resistor appears likely to stay in the bag as almost a Rival OS. It has the HSS of a beefy driver but the fade is controllable and still allows for long D. Really an impressive flight.

Picked up a neutron volt today that I can see through. I will post a picture when i get on the PC.

I have a couple white neutron shocks that i can see through also

8bar.jpg

8zqz.jpg

Mother of god. I can see through my purple neutrons if the lighting is bright enough but nothing like that beauty.

I'm also pumped to see a Resistor speed Amp style disc. I like the Amp but I've decided to cycle Volts for now. I could find room for something slower thogh, like DX Leopard stability with the Resistor core.

Very true, I cannot wait to have stable and understable speed 7 discs in my bag (cart). It is going to be great addition to my game. My orange Amp is most used driver by far, but I often wishing for slower Amp (aka Leopard).

I was thinking last night and wonder if the guys have ever made a disc with the plastics reversed and the core like OM plastic with the OM being like proton. . . Im really curious to see how one of these would fly/hold up/grip

I would imagine that they would be overweight, and have the weight distribution reversed so the gyro effect is minimized. I don't think they'd fly well, but I would throw them next to the real mold just to observe the difference it makes. They'd probably have awesome grip though, a seasoned MVP overmold is ridiculously grippy. Its one of the reasons I like putting with the Ion I do, the overmold on it is insane.

yeah it would need to be a different blend just basically a baseline core and premium OM. Agreed with the current OMs though and same with neutron plastic it really gets better with age.

yeah it would need to be a different blend just basically a baseline core and premium OM. Agreed with the current OMs though and same with neutron plastic it really gets better with age.

The problem with that is the overmold needs to be able to fuse to the core plastic, so if they are different, they cant fuse/hold together.. at least that's what i was told by either ZAM or discspeed, i cant remember who said that.

but if it is possible, a super grippy when wet core with the premium overmold for durability would be the best putter i could imagine.

They'd probably have awesome grip though, a seasoned MVP overmold is ridiculously grippy. Its one of the reasons I like putting with the Ion I do, the overmold on it is insane.

Are we talking about proton Ions?

I took them out of my bag right now because they were ridiculously slick when they get wet from the dew on the grass. Is there a secret to seasoning them so that they're grippy?

I dunno, the soft opaque white Ion I use has about 2.5 years of putts and throws on it. The overmold feels like an eraser and grabs the chains better than any other putter I've seen. Some of my putts you can see spinning fast in the air, then stop rotating as soon as they touch chains. The soft opaque Ions always felt a little tackier than the candy style. That's why my go to Ions are soft proton opaque and soft neutron opaque. Working an eclipse in the bag for the shorter days but the feel isn't quite identical.

I would love to see soft neutron Tangents.

Status
Not open for further replies.