• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use it in these crazy West Texas winds. Plus, up until recently, I had a nasty habit of leaning back and forcing anny occasionally. I've worked on cleaning that up and it's getting better. Anyway it was a security blanket I guess. I like it for FH approaches, shorter spike hyzer approaches and the like. I might try my brother in laws Resistor for a few rounds and see how it compares. I'm steadily trying to work most of my non MVP discs out.

A drone for sure has its uses in that sense and nothing wrong with it if improvement isn't a huge focus. IMO any super OS disc does nothing for a players over-all game until you are at a very high level. While its harder to control understable discs in headwinds there are many stable discs which fly great even in a headwind. Its why I prefer discs OS fairways vs an OS mid which will ALWAYS fly better in a huge headwind than any mid.

Working on an MVP bag. What would be first two discs to buy if I have:
Volt/Amp/Shock
Resistor
Axis/Vector/Tangent
Anode

I am thinking I would need something Leopardish(champ) maybe? Just not sure if the new drivers are long enough to justify adding over the trio above. Thanks for any suggestions.

Is the Amp not much like the Leo for you? IMO the new crave and switch are very great slower speed fairway drivers. Crave flies as if a DX teebird/Champ Leo were one (a lot like a flat qjls)

Inertia and Tesla are longer for sure than volt/amp/shock assuming you are throwing those discs 325'+ ... The tesla could even replace volt/shock in one for you given the power level and playing style etc.

FWIW too sounds like the envy would pair great with a anode. I personally love my ions and work them on hyzer really so don't have a need for it but could see where it fits in between the axis/vector as they can be pretty long mids. I wasn't really a big fan of the tensor and like your resistor choice for OS duties-- its nice and OS but still flies lol.

Last edited:
A drone for sure has its uses in that sense and nothing wrong with it if improvement isn't a huge focus. IMO any super OS disc does nothing for a players over-all game until you are at a very high level. While its harder to control understable discs in headwinds there are many stable discs which fly great even in a headwind. Its why I prefer discs OS fairways vs an OS mid which will ALWAYS fly better in a huge headwind than any mid.

Absolutely. I should've listened to everyone that told me to stay with neutral to understable discs.

Is the Amp not much like the Leo for you? IMO the new crave and switch are very great slower speed fairway drivers. Crave flies as if a DX teebird/Champ Leo were one (a lot like a flat qjls)

Inertia and Tesla are longer for sure than volt/amp/shock assuming you are throwing those discs 325'+ ... The tesla could even replace volt/shock in one for you given the power level and playing style etc.

FWIW too sounds like the envy would pair great with a anode. I personally love my ions and work them on hyzer really so don't have a need for it but could see where it fits in between the axis/vector as they can be pretty long mids. I wasn't really a big fan of the tensor and like your resistor choice for OS duties-- its nice and OS but still flies lol.
Thanks. My Amp is a good bit longer and more understable than my Leo. Maybe I have a freak Leo, but it's a Champion that has very little turn at all. I love it for wooded holes and for high annys into a little breeze where a true understable disc would turn too much.
I'll look into Crave/Switch. A friend of mine has an Inertia that burns for him, so he may sell/trade it to me.

Thanks. My Amp is a good bit longer and more understable than my Leo. Maybe I have a freak Leo, but it's a Champion that has very little turn at all. I love it for wooded holes and for high annys into a little breeze where a true understable disc would turn too much.
I'll look into Crave/Switch. A friend of mine has an Inertia that burns for him, so he may sell/trade it to me.

Your description of your Leo sounds a lot like the Crave to me: neutral with some turn on a flat throw, but a reliable fade to keep it flat on annys and a surprisingly high hyzer-flip-to-flat HSS. I'm in love with mine.

Feel free to try mine out before you mail it. ;)

I have thrown a couple champ leos that definitely were almost like a servo with some decent LSS. I bagged a champ leo and tb for a while and they almost flew identical but leo had a touch of high speed turn.

All of the slower fairways have "enhanced" gyro IMO with fat overmolds and very intuitive flights. Some might not believe it but between these and the new DD's there IS something to be said about gyro.

Your description of your Leo sounds a lot like the Crave to me: neutral with some turn on a flat throw, but a reliable fade to keep it flat on annys and a surprisingly high hyzer-flip-to-flat HSS. I'm in love with mine.

Feel free to try mine out before you mail it. ;)

I just got your Crave from my buddy. I threw it side by side with my Leo. They are not similar. Leo turned easily. Crave handled some wind. Nice disc, but not sure what I would do with it. Will ship soon.

On 10? Over the bayou? LOLOLOL

Fair enough; I deserved that. :p

I just got your Crave from my buddy. I threw it side by side with my Leo. They are not similar. Leo turned easily. Crave handled some wind. Nice disc, but not sure what I would do with it. Will ship soon.

I can see that. I push it out to 325'+, and at that power it'll turn a fair bit on a flat throw before a reliable fade back. But if you take a bit off of it it definitely flies stable.

And thanks for getting it back to me, PMantle!

So guys I am curious. I have a 166 switch. Great disc, good turn, comes back to almost the line I released, sneaky long. I have a 171 servo. No noticeable turn as of yet, could be due to my tendency to release hyzer. Great disc, not a dumpy fade at all. Got a brand new volt. More os then I was expecting. Right now it sits in my second run shock spot. I use my first run shock for what I thought the volt was gonna be. Loving these discs. Trying to teach myself to release them flat every time. I know as the volt beats in, it will gain some turn.

This being said, would a crave, inertia or Tesla be good discs for me. I throw 350 on golf lines and 400 maybe a bit more max d.

I think it depends on whether you have wind or not for the tesla. It is a great headwind driver. It has also been a godsend for my forehand game. The inertia is great in tailwinds or when you need a controlled distance shot. I haven't yet thrown a crave.

This being said, would a crave, inertia or Tesla be good discs for me. I throw 350 on golf lines and 400 maybe a bit more max d.

Get a 160-170g Green Tesla, they are moneyyy

Crave is always a good option too, it bombs almost as far as a volt for me and less OS

Last edited:
First really nice day of the year about mid 80s. The plastic on my SE Tesla feels great(Yes I throw my SE Tesla). A little in between Gstar and Champion feel to it. I also got a Resistor today. Its way more stable than the FL that I have which I'm happy about.

Traded my Resistor for an Inertia. I may regret it, but we will see. I can usually do something with my Shock in places where I would use the Resistor. Switch is next. Will play an all MVP round soon to see what I need. Our course(s) are a pretty good test of a bag.

Traded my servo for a 169 inertia. I think my volt will end up being fine for the servo spot. So that makes inertia, volt, first run shock and switch for my MVP discs. I really think the inertia, just by reviews, is gonna be a money disc for me.

Traded my servo for a 169 inertia. I think my volt will end up being fine for the servo spot. So that makes inertia, volt, first run shock and switch for my MVP discs. I really think the inertia, just by reviews, is gonna be a money disc for me.

I hope you like it, and I hope your Servo solves my own bag quandaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.