• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10251886_725677217489156_5183377665506878152_n.png

:eek: :thmbup:

Well the main thing to look at is PLH for stability.

But companies are running thousands of a color at once. So odds are the same colors that have the same weight will show similar PLH, dome, etc because of this.

But saying a 167g yellow, will fly just as stable as a yellow 177 is not going to line up. You have 10 grams which affects not only the speed you can put into, but how it molds up with more/less plastic

Because MVP has the overmold, relying on colors gets even muddier. But if you find a 172g white Amp that feels great in your hand, that probably is a better thing than spending 10 minutes figuring out which AMP in the box has the highest PLH. Feel in the hand to me plays a much larger part than the ticky-tack PLH game. Different colors have different domes and grip, thats huge.

The big thing with the amps IMExp is the flatness. The flat ones fly like volts with more turn but an impressive fade and can go as long or longer on similar lines. The domey ones aren't nearly as good at low or high power lines and tend to be more of a big anhyzer disc for me.

Like you say I think the best judge is just a glance and the feel and each mold will have its peculiarities.

So today I really focused on the Inertia on my home course. I must say, now that I have some strength back and my grip issues are subsiding that I do like this disc. I can really get it to go with very little effort. I found that by slowing down my run up that my pull through is much more focused creating the snap that MVP discs require. I threw two drives each hole. Inertia, then one of my two favorite Valkyries. I must say the Inertia put the Valks to the test. I can get about the same lines and distance from either disc. The thing is the Valks I like are oop (5x jk champ and sandstrom star) so at least I can get production run discs I like. I wish the inertia stood up to wind a bit better, but even my valks can't take a stiff headwind. All told with a little more time spent, I can see me grabbing the Inertia over my valks quite soon.

I know this diverges from the bulk of conversation, I would just like to state how much I love neutron plastic it flies and dyes like a dream!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 48
I put a 160G Resistor in my bag the past few rounds and I've been loving it. Dead straight HSS and the same reliable fade, but it kicks in much later than my 175G. Parked a few holes with it today, throwing it both FH and BH. Surprised me a few times how long it held straight, but I never did blow past the hole.

Well, I was trying to post to the picture thread, and the official Axiom thread but the forum won't let me. Says they are too old.

Anyone get any green flight plate, purple rim "Hulk" discs?

probably gonna try an ion/anode again.

*sigh*

i need something as deep as or deeper than a wizard with the stability of a ridge. the two soft proton anodes i've owned have actually been moderately OS. the soft ions, eh. i just need that deep shoulder/tall profile.

maybe mvp can make a fairly OS putter with that classic big rounded nose and deep profile sometime soon.

What about the Ion do you find to be not like the ridge? Ions are line holding machines in all conditions really and are not torque happy like the envy but kill it in glide and workability IMO as well as distance. Ions fly so nice (same with anodes I just like the added stability of the bead) when thrown clean.

the ridge is a tick more HSS and resists the wind better than my wizards, which i like for both putting and driving. it's been a while since i've thrown an ion so i can't quite compare it to a ridge directly. i throw my wizards just fine but i'm starting to like the idea of a premium plastic driving putter again and i'd like it if i could use it for putting as well.

now that i'm landscaping again finally and getting weekly checks i'll be revisiting a couple putters. i know my form has gotten better over the winter and spring but it wasn't terrible to begin with, so we'll have to see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts