• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awfully strange timing considering how old the Quest overmolded discs are...

Quest -> MVP -> Innova

Therefore, Quest had the original idea. MVP just improved upon it. Alas, Innova seems to be doing the same. Kinda like how the beveled edge disc was pioneered by Innova, and the other companies came along and worked off that idea......like MVP. The fact that people think this was all MVP's idea is patently false. MVP certainly made the overmold superior to Quest.

Quest sucks therefore invalid.

Outside of that, do they make s neutron anode and ions?

How does that make it invalid?

If I took your rap lyrics and put them to a good beat, would my theft of your lyrics be invalid because you suck?

Quest -> MVP -> Innova

Therefore, Quest had the original idea. MVP just improved upon it. Alas, Innova seems to be doing the same. Kinda like how the beveled edge disc was pioneered by Innova, and the other companies came along and worked off that idea......like MVP. The fact that people think this was all MVP's idea is patently false. MVP certainly made the overmold superior to Quest.
Aw now you crazy mang.
Quest was way way down the line of overmolded frisbees. Hell, besides even the AMF Voits, I'd argue the Buzzbee was at it in the 70s, and the Buzzbee is remarkably close to the Quest approach.

RIP Discs.. irrelevant... Quest.. they dropped those products years ago. I've got a supremely crackheaded overmolded driver proto from Gateway, like a Spirit with a separate plate. And then all the oldschool examples. People now perceive overmolded discs as "an MVP thing" which only means they've become the most widely-known and -available overmolded brand. (psst psst, many disc golfers are new)

MVP wasn't first, they won't be last, and there's merit to overmolded designs for a number of purposes (one being grip).

The main difference with MVP, which affords them the capability to produce exclusively chemical-bonded overmolds, is that they are artisan plastic molders. They have craft. Innova has a hot room with a dozen+ machines with a high turnover rate and a bottom line. They're not nerdy disc golfers anymore. MVP are the biggest nerds you'll find and they've proven that by going from forum geeks to.. MVP.

Quest... shame to the bro who follows those toymakers' footsteps.

I'd agree that the reactions from many MVP fans have been astounding.

Aw now you crazy mang.
Quest was way way down the line of overmolded frisbees. Hell, besides even the AMF Voits, I'd argue the Buzzbee was at it in the 70s, and the Buzzbee is remarkably close to the Quest approach.

RIP Discs.. irrelevant... Quest.. they dropped those products years ago. I've got a supremely crackheaded overmolded driver proto from Gateway, like a Spirit with a separate plate. And then all the oldschool examples. People now perceive overmolded discs as "an MVP thing" which only means they've become the most widely-known and -available overmolded brand. (psst psst, many disc golfers are new)

MVP wasn't first, they won't be last, and there's merit to overmolded designs for a number of purposes (one being grip).

The main difference with MVP, which affords them the capability to produce exclusively chemical-bonded overmolds, is that they are artisan plastic molders. They have craft. Innova has a hot room with a dozen+ machines with a high turnover rate and a bottom line. They're not nerdy disc golfers anymore. MVP are the biggest nerds you'll find and they've proven that by going from forum geeks to.. MVP.

Quest... shame to the bro who follows those toymakers' footsteps.

I'd agree that the reactions from many MVP fans have been astounding.

Good history lesson. I forgot about AMF. I will happily concede that MVP has achieved "best in class" status for overmolded discs. However, they are far from the originator of the idea, which is why I find all this "Innova ripped off MVP's idea" so laughable, and frankly completely inaccurate. MVP did prove that there was a viable market for a well designed overmolded disc. :clap:

How does that make it invalid?

If I took your rap lyrics and put them to a good beat, would my theft of your lyrics be invalid because you suck?

Rap is different then discs. If a disc is good then it is good, quest failed miserably. Never see anyone throwing the discs they make. It was mostly a joke what I said but you are persistent on being a d*** and troll.

Good history lesson. I forgot about AMF. I will happily concede that MVP has achieved "best in class" status for overmolded discs. However, they are far from the originator of the idea, which is why I find all this "Innova ripped off MVP's idea" so laughable, and frankly completely inaccurate. MVP did prove that there was a viable market for a well designed overmolded disc. :clap:

The "gyro tech" marketing was especially smart. Label it as new tech in the industry, regardless of how much it really effects the flight.

Rap is different then discs. If a disc is good then it is good, quest failed miserably. Never see anyone throwing the discs they make. It was mostly a joke what I said but you are persistent on being a d*** and troll.

You still didn't explain why it's invalid.....

Ben Franklin didn't invent the bifocals cause they sucked.....Lens Crafters did.

I am not sure people really mean "ripping off MVP's idea", I think it's more of "ripping off their recent rise to success / popularity". That's what it seems like to me anyway. Perhaps it's been something always in the back of Dunipace's mind, but the timing of it sure seems like he was spurred forward by the rise of MVP. It seems like Innova could have done this before MVP if they really felt it was that great an idea.

Regardless, they are doing it and it's bringing more attention to MVP (hello there ATDG article), so I don't see why MVP fans want to get upset by this

I don't understand why people are complaining. Innova isn't stealing MVP's idea.. MVP didn't steal the idea either. They simply made it work, Innova is just copying the successful version.

Dunno if its just me but Im seeing about 10x more people complaining about people complaining, than people complaining about the original topic. Oh well. Proton Volts are the ****.

Dunno if its just me but Im seeing about 10x more people complaining about people complaining, than people complaining about the original topic. Oh well. Proton Volts are the ****.

Yeah, I am liking the added fuel to the fire.. Since nobody wants to discuss Proton Volts or Eclipse Nano's.. Isn't this what the thread should be about?? I am still expecting Proton Tensors, Amps, and Shocks coming really soon now.. Along with the Eclipse couterparts for all 4 of those discs. Now that would be an expensive trip to the store lol.

Dunno if its just me but Im seeing about 10x more people complaining about people complaining, than people complaining about the original topic.

This was my entire thought process when reading the Atlas thread. It was post after post of "MVP Fanboyz R gonna flaaaame!" before anyone with an MVP disc in their bag even commented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts