• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amp is slowly kicking the River out of my bag. It's killing me..

Yes.. This happened to me too. I tried having both in the bag but the Amp is just simply amazing!

So the other day I was struggling with the Volt, Vector, and Anode (all in neutron) and today my Volt and Vector made up for it by performing fantastic. My anode though.. Boy, I don't know what to do.. :(

The tangent is my next disc. Every time I talk about my Axis people light up and ask me if I've tried the Tangent.

I can't say enough good things about the Tangent. It kicked Comets out of my bag: Tangents are much more reliable for me, especially in a light wind, and much easier to range. And so versatile. I'm just finishing up a Western PA/WV disc golfing stint in which I played a lot of wooded courses, and I think I threw my Tangent off the tee on at least half the holes during my trip. On some rounds, much more: my first time at Orange Crush I think I teed off with the Tangent 16 out of 18 times.

Highly recommended (not that it sounds like you need it!).

Are all the midranges the same speed? I have only thrown the tangent and it seems to be a little slow off the hand. Not that it's bad jw for future purchase :D

Are all the midranges the same speed? I have only thrown the tangent and it seems to be a little slow off the hand. Not that it's bad jw for future purchase :D

The Axis and Vector are a bit faster IMO. Tangent and Tensor are more typical Mid speeds.

Anybody throw an Amp vs. a Sidewinder? I'm considering getting an Amp but don't know if it would overlap the Sidewinder. If they are almost identical, I'm not against pulling the Sidewinder out of the bag...

Anyone seen this stuff

0716131831_zpsa84f9ccb.jpg

0716131832_zpsdab43c7e.jpg

0716131832a_zps7a036f14.jpg

For the strange-to-me Kansas winds of Am Worlds I only took three mids and the two workhorses were Tangent for quartering and tailwinds and Tensor for headwinds (occasional Comet at Peter Pan).

The T/T combo never let me down. The Tensor was as predictable as I could ask for. With those 15-25 mph headwinds I could dial it in to 250-280' consistently. The Tangent was sneaky long, straight and easy to adjust for tailwinds from the side. By far the leading recipients of "What disc was that?"

These two mids have knocked a number of other molds back to the shelf. Very pleased.

For the strange-to-me Kansas winds of Am Worlds I only took three mids and the two workhorses were Tangent for quartering and tailwinds and Tensor for headwinds (occasional Comet at Peter Pan).

The T/T combo never let me down. The Tensor was as predictable as I could ask for. With those 15-25 mph headwinds I could dial it in to 250-280' consistently. The Tangent was sneaky long, straight and easy to adjust for tailwinds from the side. By far the leading recipients of "What disc was that?"

These two mids have knocked a number of other molds back to the shelf. Very pleased.

I totally agree. I don't know if I've ever had a pair of molds that complimented each other so well. I've been carrying three mids...My N Tangent shows just a tick of high speed turn with almost no fade. It is my workhorse. My Eclipse Tangent is just a tick overstable unless I rip it well over 300', in which case it is just extremely straight. Then my Tensor is on my other bookend.

Just like you said, I love how the Tensor is basically a dead stable mid into headwinds.

My number one wish for the next MVP mold is an understable putter or mid. This is by far the biggeset hole in the lineup they have got already. I've been playing short and technical courses and I feel like I'm limited in my lines because none of my discs turn at short distances.

My number one wish for the next MVP mold is an understable putter or mid. This is by far the biggeset hole in the lineup they have got already. I've been playing short and technical courses and I feel like I'm limited in my lines because none of my discs turn at short distances.
what about forced annies? i love my anode and tangent for those shots.

Some times a short range turnover type shot is needed when there isn't room to go out to the side for an anny. A disc such as the Vibram Summit works well in this scenario. I am curious how a summit type disc would be with the overmold.

I force annies all the time, but sometimes the line calls for a disc that is going to start out flying flat/slight hyzer and break understable down the fairway. I throw FH too, but I've faced a couple shots lately where the elevation makes a FH shot more difficult (BH turnover shots get more lift/glide than FH hyzers).

I agree with this.. I was hoping the anode would be that disc when it came out but find it just wanting to go straight forever and not really turn-over like you are talking about. I do get some good turn out of my flat 177 beat N tangent but it also is a very slow turn and long like the anode. It would be nice to see a similar flying tensor like disc but understable. I end up forcing an ION most of the time on anny for these shots with the bead helping to hold the turn better it seems like vs. the anode-- which never seem to really want to turn or fade but like you said still miss and want a really understable up-shot disc. Have been throwing some random Frisbee's I found cleaning out the garage catch style lately and wow it would be fun to see a disc like that, its crazy to throw shots with almost no effort.

I agree with this.. I was hoping the anode would be that disc when it came out but find it just wanting to go straight forever and not really turn-over like you are talking about. I do get some good turn out of my flat 177 beat N tangent but it also is a very slow turn and long like the anode. It would be nice to see a similar flying tensor like disc but understable. I end up forcing an ION most of the time on anny for these shots with the bead helping to hold the turn better it seems like vs. the anode-- which never seem to really want to turn or fade but like you said still miss and want a really understable up-shot disc. Have been throwing some random Frisbee's I found cleaning out the garage catch style lately and wow it would be fun to see a disc like that, its crazy to throw shots with almost no effort.

There are discs like this already approved by the pdga. I forget which ones, but I know there are dog discs approved for pdga play.

Well I got to throw around my new Neutron Ion yesterday and I gotta say I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I am guessing it's the "gyroscopic" rim, but this thing has got some velocity behind it and crashes chains with a vengeance. I threw it around with my brother for a minute and decided that wasn't such a good idea. Ouch.

I am digging it so far. Seems to have some get-up-and-go to reach the basket. I usually float my putts a bit but this guy wants to zip right in and make it count :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.