• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am digging it so far. Seems to have some get-up-and-go to reach the basket. I usually float my putts a bit but this guy wants to zip right in and make it count :thmbup:

yea if you float putts you may get a lighter weight, i throw 173g and i like to lob them a little yet put good power on it at the same time, so its not a laser but still a good push and they work great right in between the happy medium of a lob and a laser. learning to push/pitch putt with them has greatly improved my putting game.

yea if you float putts you may get a lighter weight, i throw 173g and i like to lob them a little yet put good power on it at the same time, so its not a laser but still a good push and they work great right in between the happy medium of a lob and a laser. learning to push/pitch putt with them has greatly improved my putting game.
I was initially looking at this magenta Ion but it weighed at 170 and that was too light for me. So I got a pink one that was 177 (my putter I've been using is 175). I putt with a lobby-throwy kind of action... I'll admit I don't really know what a push or pitch putt is :eek:

I was initially looking at this magenta Ion but it weighed at 170 and that was too light for me. So I got a pink one that was 177 (my putter I've been using is 175). I putt with a lobby-throwy kind of action... I'll admit I don't really know what a push or pitch putt is :eek:

then check this out!
http://vimeo.com/19847946

177 is going to drop fast on lob putts, but if that's what you want... :)

i found 173 is a good medium for me.

I love my 175 White Anode but I've often thought of trying a lighter weight one. I almost always push putt and outside 35 feet or so I have to add too much height to get to the basket. I'm learning to add more spin to combat that but still want to try a 169-170 and see what that does for my longer putts.

On another subject my River just kicked my Discraft XL out of the bag. I'd use the XL on long anhyzer pulls that didn't need to break hard right. My river or fuse does great for the hard right ones.

So, I was out field testing and when I throw anhyzer I just keep my back straight and my back shoulder up and throw flat. My River would turn too much. I don't know why but I did the same thing but gave it a little bit of hyzer and height.

Wow.

It went about 275 feet in a beautiful graceful arc to the right and held all the way to the ground. This is going to cut so many strokes off my game as I struggle with that line. My River is sensitive but man I can put it on so many lines, it's crazy.

If I use a Climo grip and give it some juice it'll go dead straight with almost no fade or very little. If I put a little air under hit I can get quite a bit of left fade. It handle long hyzer shots great too.

What can this disc not do?

My only problem with it is if I use the wrong grip for the wrong shot or give it too much power on certain shots that work better with more snap and less power it'll burn me hard. She's a little high maintenance but so worth it.

Oh yea, I ordered a 169 Opto Saint last week. Should be here today. Can't wait.

Could have just asked in this thread.

Seems these new threads are getting excessive.

My fault-didn't know which would be better. I can repost here and mods can close the other thread.

Need to add a slightly longer fairway driver to the bag and also an US mid-range. I recently bought a couple anodes for both driving and putting. I like the feel of MVP so I figured I would dive in and get a couple more. I am looking to get a Tangent and probably an Amp. Leaning towards the Amp because I am still working on my backhand form and trying to move away from driving forehand except for holes that require it. Any recommendations for weight and plastic?

I'm LHBH and can forehand with both. Still working on left hand forehand though lol. I throw a baseball and football with my right hand so forehanding with my right is a lot easier than left

So I've been waiting for one of my Neutron Volts to beat in to flippy with the idea being that it's better to have one mold in various stages of wear for all shots than a different mold for US, S, and OS. It just doesn't seem to be happening, though - Should I just give up and go get an Amp? Do Volts ever beat in?

Status
Not open for further replies.