• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone, I am wondering something. Would an amp be comparable to a Valkyrie? Valkyries are a staple driver in my bag. I thought maybe volt, and a first run volt definitely comes close. Actually first run Shocks were about the closest to a good Valkyrie as I could find. I have never thrown an Amp so I am just wondering if that would be comparable. Fwiw I throw about 390-395 on golf lines, break 400 on pure distance. I have a very smooth throwing motion and do create quite a bit of snap, just rarely if ever put a full 100% into a throw.

I've thrown a bunch of Valks..... I think the Inertia is a similar disc with the same flight path, just a bit longer.

So everyone, I am wondering something. Would an amp be comparable to a Valkyrie? Valkyries are a staple driver in my bag. I thought maybe volt, and a first run volt definitely comes close. Actually first run Shocks were about the closest to a good Valkyrie as I could find. I have never thrown an Amp so I am just wondering if that would be comparable. Fwiw I throw about 390-395 on golf lines, break 400 on pure distance. I have a very smooth throwing motion and do create quite a bit of snap, just rarely if ever put a full 100% into a throw.
If you're throwing over 400 for distance and a Volt is close to your Valks, you may have gotten some mutant Valks haha I would say a max weight Inertia is close to a Valkyrie, at least in my experience. At 400, you can get a long hyzer flip, but anything less it'll be straight-OS. Amp might be close actually, though I've never thrown one. I've heard and seen that they're very very very straight though.

I've thrown a bunch of Valks..... I think the Inertia is a similar disc with the same flight path, just a bit longer.

I definitely agree here. For me the Inertia didn't make the bag but the Insanity did. Maybe I will revisit the Inertia in the field. Throw it side to side with the Valkyries I have and even the Insanity. I know I can make the Insanity go boom. Aim witnessed one of my longest throws ever with an Insanity that he then graciously donated to my bag. Lol.

If you're throwing over 400 for distance and a Volt is close to your Valks, you may have gotten some mutant Valks haha I would say a max weight Inertia is close to a Valkyrie, at least in my experience. At 400, you can get a long hyzer flip, but anything less it'll be straight-OS. Amp might be close actually, though I've never thrown one. I've heard and seen that they're very very very straight though.

Notice I said first run Volts. Before they tweaked the mold, Volts had noticeably more turn than they do now. New Volts are more of a Thunderbird for me. Actually the two are interchangeable as I own both. I am going to try out the Inertia again. And I am gonna pull out my first run volt again as well to run comparison.

I was just thinking that the Plasma Amp has more turn, so the Neutron is probably closer to Valk.

I was just thinking that the Plasma Amp has more turn, so the Neutron is probably closer to Valk.

What about the plasma Volt? I have heard they fly extremely close to the first runs. I mean as of right now, I am just carrying other companies speed nine discs, and truthfully, with the fact that I carry the entire Axiom driver line up, minus the Fireball, not really even sure if I need speed nines in the bag. Lol. Winter sucks. I think to damn much and it ends up costing me money.

Plasma Volts are pretty much FR's. They really offer a beautiful flight, and feel great to boot.

Another vote for Inertia as Valkyrie. It replaced the Valk for me as my max distance driver.

MVP starter set:

Crave
Relay
Tangent
Atom

Does this seem alright? I usually gravitate toward innova for the baseline plastic and usually light weights, but I figured I might try some gyro this time

For a starter set you could skip the Crave and just go Relay, Tangent, Atom. Or Relay, Theory, Atom.

Starter for noob? Then ditch the crave. If for somebody with experience ditch the relay and add in a distance driver.

For a more experienced player, I'd say N Photon, Plasma Volt, N Axis, and N Ion. But there's a lot of great starter combos to be made from MVP/Axiom.

It really just depends on what your looking for. The servo has a slight turn before a good fade. Whereas the crave is straight with mild fade.

IMO, the Clash is better than both the Servo AND the Crave. But, you know what they say about opinions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts