• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: Axis or Tangent for a beginner/low power arm? MVP says tangent but Joe's flight chart says axis is more understable (at high speeds). Mainly just want the one that when thrown about 150'-200' will go straightest.

Generally speaking, a newer player will probably get better results from a Tangent. Easy to throw, feels nice in the hand, dead straight at that range.

The Axis really ins't understable exactly, but it is a bit more sensitive to even somewhat minor release errors.

Quick question: Axis or Tangent for a beginner/low power arm? MVP says tangent but Joe's flight chart says axis is more understable (at high speeds). Mainly just want the one that when thrown about 150'-200' will go straightest.

A fresh Tangent has no turn when thrown that distance and very little fade. The axis is also super straight but will have slightly more fade at 200'.

I 4th the Tangent. I use it on hyzerflip lines around 250-270' and it stays pretty straight. So as you get your power up, you can still find similar uses for it.

Tangent easily. I love my Axis but if your form is off the Axis will punish you a whole lot more than the tangent.

get some base plastic noobs :popcorn:

I just tried that and it only lasted about 2 weeks before I went running back to my Anodes.

Tested out a Judge after feeling one up at a local event. I loved the plastic but I did not gel at all with the bead. I was thinking of trying the warden but the downside of the Judge plastic was while it felt great it was almost too grippy. I was starting to get a blister where I'd rub my thumb on top of the disc.

Habit of mine when I'm waiting to putt. Anode just feels great and loves the chains. So, while I did step out on her she forgave me. Anode for life.

get some base plastic noobs :popcorn:

that's what i'm sayin', man.

once i've got base plastic, MVP will have my putters. i'll get an ion or envy for power driving or just all anodes for drives/approaches/putts. they've got enough HSS to keep me comfortable throwing them in some wind.

or i could just go with an complete ION cycle. that'd work well too.

MVP is gonna kill it when they release these suckers.

i love my KC aviars, they've been very good to me for the couple months i've owned them, but i already knew when i bought them that their days may be numbered.

I will check back next year to see if MVP has at LEAST base plastic putters if not base plastic Vectors.. Otherwise see ya, im loving this Legacy plastic too much.

Some people wont understand, but i have to break in the OS stuff to flippy, nothing compares.

I will check back next year to see if MVP has at LEAST base plastic putters if not base plastic Vectors.. Otherwise see ya, im loving this Legacy plastic too much.

Some people wont understand, but i have to break in the OS stuff to flippy, nothing compares.
Please, PLEASE switch to Legacy

Please, PLEASE switch to Legacy

I chuckled audibly at this.

I'd ask in4d why he suddenly bailed on his formerly - beloved MVP but I'm kind of afraid of the answer.

In other news: the Motion is a ****ing great disc. It takes something seriously special to replace a Firebird, and, by Jove they've done it!

MVP is gonna kill it when they release these suckers.

They're not exactly doing poorly as it is. :p

You're right though. They better plan for an extra wide release, 'cause we'll be buying them in stacks.

I chuckled audibly at this.

I'd ask in4d why he suddenly bailed on his formerly - beloved MVP but I'm kind of afraid of the answer.

In other news: the Motion is a ****ing great disc. It takes something seriously special to replace a Firebird, and, by Jove they've done it!

Hey I've been thinking of checking out the motion, I throw a couple firebirds and a orc, mainly OH tommys, just curious if you ever throw OH and how the motion handles it

9/12/14 is gonna be an awesome day. Proton Clash and most important....SOFT ENVY!!!!! Also 8/29/14 the proton Tesla. But did I mention SOFT ENVY!!!!!!

Last edited:
man, I added the Inspire to the bag. It does what I wanted the switch to do. Not saying the switch is bad, it just doesn't flip as much as I wanted it to. Place for both of them in the bag.

Finally! I'mma get one or two, but they sure took their sweet time in putting these softies out.

man, I added the Inspire to the bag. It does what I wanted the switch to do. Not saying the switch is bad, it just doesn't flip as much as I wanted it to. Place for both of them in the bag.

I tried the switch for sometime and just couldn't get the hang of it. Then the inspire came out and did what I wanted. (and slammed an $160 ace a week later of recieving it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts