• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya but I'm bettin on their base line to surpass what we know of as base line today. I certainly could be wrong but I myself would not bet against them.

i tried going back to a proton anode, someone screwed it up and sent me a soft.

yuck. so slick and gross. putting was everywhere, release points were all sorts of stupid. much prefer the soft proton. hurry up and make base plastic!!!!

soft anode + base anode = love.

hell...you could make soft neutron. then i could putt and dye it too.

also i left my pink tesla like a dumbass out in the middle of the course. awesome. went and bought a new one today; same weight but a waaaaaaaaaay higher PLH than all the others. time to start the beat-in process again . . .

Last edited:
I am actually starting to hate the soft putters in warmer weather. The soft N ions seem really bouncy which is the only way I can try to describe it--unlike most soft putters it really wants to keep its shape but also has a lot of flex to it and makes it spring back from a wraped state if it hits chains hard or center pole, trees (crazy kick backs). In the cooler temps I love this plastic but not so much this summer for putting. Great driving putters my favorite hands down but thinking of going with some hard anodes myself for actual putting. It was one of the first MVP discs I really got into even before ions.

Last edited:
er . . . i misspoke.

i meant to say they sent me a hard anode, not a soft. i much prefer putting and driving both with soft: i'm an assertive putter, not a hard putter. never had problems with my soft anodes.

i'm a spin/push hybrid; i definitely add some wrist pop. i'm comfortable with harder (my kc aviars right now are doing quite well) or softer putters. the only softer putters i really like are the soft protons though. i think it's because, like you said, despite being soft they retain their shape quite well. so i can pinch down a little bit harder and get even more wrist pop if i want it, while still getting a perfectly clean release.

I mostly push putt, but put a little snap on it. I have always used soft putters until my Envy. I do find the Envy easier to push cleanly, but when I want to snap it a little on the longer putts, I find I wish I had my soft Ion. I may have to pick up a soft N Envy soon to try for my longer putts.

Mike C you out there? do you put with a power grip or a fan grip? It's hard to tell in your vids but it looks like its a power grip. Whichever one you use would you elaborate on why you do use that grip.

I use a fan grip but on puts outside of 60' or so I'm not getting as consistent a release as I would like and wonder if a different grip in the 60-80' range would be more consistent.

Thanks in advance if you do see this

I'm fine with the feel of the plastic right now during the summer but I'm hoping when this "base plastic" comes out that it'll do better in the rain.

I'm fine with the feel of the plastic right now during the summer but I'm hoping when this "base plastic" comes out that it'll do better in the rain.

I bet it will. From what I hear of the new Soft Neutron runs, the plastics are headed in the right direction.

I firmly believe in MVP/Axiom engineering, design, and technology.

Last edited:
Is there any difference from the old Ion Soft Neutron vs the new Envy runs?

I received an older opaque proton ion from MikeC which is exactly like my soft neutron ions. There is literally no difference except one has a proton stamp on it. Its such a weird plastic in that being able to fold it up like a taco and it instantly springs back up.

If the new stuff is a little less rubber band/bouncy ball like and more absorbing that would be nice to see. I love this plastic in the fall and winter but missed 2 aces and a **** lot of long putts this summer from bounces literally off the pole and straight back out. One was on a cone basket where it went all the way into the cage and popped out, which I never thought could happen on those things.....

I haven't had those issues with putting soft P in the heat, and this is the dirty South...but I'm not a basher.

Still, I'm probably going to give putting with the soft Envys a go. It's just a different kind of soft.

current soft proton is more pliable than soft neutron, at least the limited run of ions which I have felt up. I received a new soft proton ion from someone with a tourney stamp and it was really gummy feeling as well as not wanting to "pop" back into shape as hard.

current soft proton is more pliable than soft neutron, at least the limited run of ions which I have felt up. I received a new soft proton ion from someone with a tourney stamp and it was really gummy feeling as well as not wanting to "pop" back into shape as hard.

I may not be remembering right, but those 165 soft N Envys I felt up were a bit mroe pliant feeling than my 175 soft P Anodes, which are not recent. Granted, this wasn't a blazing hot day, but...just sayin.

The recent neutron plastic in general is softer than the older stuff really too so it very well could be different from the ion run and better in that sense.

Right, good point...and I've never fondled any of those early soft N Ions.

Also, actually my 1st MVP disc was a soft Ion I picked up like 3 yrs ago, two of them actually. They're 'softer' than the Anodes I have, which are like a year or so old. who knows if it's variation between runs, or aging...seems like softer blends would be harder to nail the same each run.

Has it ever bothered anybody else that with the stamp on eclipse MVP discs, the actual image of the eclipse is not centered on the disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts