• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it is a "4", that three gram difference isn't going to change the flight of the disc from "very disappointing" to "just what I wanted!". I don't think you deserve a refund or a new disc, especially since you've thrown the Axis before and this one flies just like the other, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to set things straight anyway.
BTW i never asked for a refund. They did reply quickly. They said it could be from elevation, humidity, my scale, or dirt and debris stuck to the disc and if I wanted anything done I would need to take it to the retailer. I might need to move this topic to the dumbest disc purchase thread (buying the same disc I already didn't like when i didn't think i was):( Lesson learned(mvp plays same tricks as the big boys)

After reading comments on here about the lighter ones flying more understable i wanted to try one. I wouldn't have bought it if it was marked the same weight.

I've had 9 MVP discs over the last year or so and most of them scaled right on, but all three Axises were off. The first I purchased said 174, scales 178. Also a 176/s179 and a 176/s174. The other discs were within a gram either direction. That said, I do not think a few grams makes a difference in any disc, including MVP. Except for the expected slight variations due to flight plate/batch runs, they all fly as they should. So I wouldn't go chasing a light disc from them expecting a different flight...not until they get down to the 165 mark anyway. Maybe pick up a different brand midrange instead.

If you're MVP discs are costing you $20 you need to buy from someone else.
*your

I'm not sure where you get your MVP discs at, but from what I've seen $20 is around the usual price for eclipse plastic.

^^Obviously I haven't been shopping at the right websites.

Last edited:
Incorrect weights on discs so you have to buy multiples to get the one you thought was right. Its just worse when the disc costs $ 20 instead of $13.

I think your gripe is with the people on here who misled you. MVP has long maintained that consistency is one of their top goals. They want each Axis to fly like every other Axis. The same holds for all their molds. It's part of the reason they don't offer more colors, plastics, and weights.

I think your gripe is with the people on here who misled you. MVP has long maintained that consistency is one of their top goals. They want each Axis to fly like every other Axis. The same holds for all their molds. It's part of the reason they don't offer more colors, plastics, and weights.

My gripe is with the mismarked disc. Unless mvp changed the rules of physics a lighter disc will come out of my hand faster and act less stable.

The only time I had a and MVP disc weigh anything different or more than it was marked was a 178.9g Ion that was marked 175g. I was very happy too because that thing is bad ass for top of the world, it has a slow and steady decent falling 90'+ and staying on line the whole way. Every time I play De La people see me throwing the Ion on a 550' hole and give me the WTF look, I simply tell them that it's the best disc for the job because it is.

Last edited:
My gripe is with the mismarked disc. Unless mvp changed the rules of physics a lighter disc will come out of my hand faster and act less stable.

The way this thread goes sometimes, you would think they did change the laws of physics. MVP is a good company, but not above making mistakes, even though many will say otherwise. It's like the Inverse Innova Effect in here sometimes.

3 grams dude :rolleyes: Again:

Even if it is a "4", that three gram difference isn't going to change the flight of the disc from "very disappointing" to "just what I wanted!".

It sounds like your expectations were not realistic because:

After reading comments on here about the lighter ones flying more understable i wanted to try one.

Common sense should have superseded the nonsense on here about 3 grams making the disc fly different...

Someone show me an actual study where MVP discs fly further, more accurate, or fly with a more perfect spin.

Threw my Star Rancho (180g) and my Vector (176g).

Answer: they were the same. Vector was about 10ft short of the Roc and a little more flippy when thrown flat.

Someone show me an actual study where MVP discs fly further, more accurate, or fly with a more perfect spin.

Answer: they were the same. Vector was about 10ft short of the Roc and a little more flippy when thrown flat.

My personal findings are...

When the natural fade in the flight of my buzzz would take place the axis stays straight through that point and has a slower more forward penetrating fade. As for the vector I cant say because I hate all star rocs but I do find that the same holds true for kc pro rocs as with the buzzz/axis results.

My Ion will deal with wind and significant elevation much better that wizards and challengers maintaining a controllable shot and the confidence I have in that shot.

Someone show me an actual study where Innova discs fly further, more accurate, or fly with a more perfect spin.

Threw my Star Rancho (174g) and my Vector (175g).

Answer: they were the same. Roc was about 10ft short of the Vector and a little more flippy when thrown flat.

See what I did there?

Innova discs are incredibly inconsistent. My Star Rancho Roc (Yes I actually have one) is super flippy. My point is no one in this thread said that they scientifically fly farther, they just fly farther easier for more people.

Go away hater. Or Michael as we call you (before we change your name to apothecary).:):)

LOL

Last edited:

Answer: Inconsistency in the testing equipment. Unless you can build a machine that will throw a disc the EXACT same every time, any testing that one disc is more flippy/faster/longer/more stable/straighter/ect. is not 100% accurate. A lot of people think they can throw a disc the exact same time after time, but 99% of the time it doesn't happen. You'd also need to do it in a windless environment.

I'm not saying you didn't throw your Rancho further then your Vector, I'm saying there are A LOT of variable to take into account other than the overmold of the Vector/MVP Discs.

Common sense should have superseded the nonsense on here about 3 grams making the disc fly different...

The first run I bought weighs 180g and I was looking for one lighter. I can tell the difference between three grams in discs that I throw and could justify spending my money to get one 6 grams lighter just to try it out. Heavier discs have to be thrown harder to get the same flight and over the course of two rounds the energy used throwing heavy discs becomes very apparent to me.

You are right about my expectations being unrealistic but consistency in weights marked on the disc is as important to me as consistency in flight.

The first run I bought weighs 180g and I was looking for one lighter. I can tell the difference between three grams in discs that I throw and could justify spending my money to get one 6 grams lighter just to try it out. Heavier discs have to be thrown harder to get the same flight and over the course of two rounds the energy used throwing heavy discs becomes very apparent to me.

You are right about my expectations being unrealistic but consistency in weights marked on the disc is as important to me as consistency in flight.

You have every right to be upset about 3 grams in my opinion. 1 or 2 at the most is acceptable, but my honest guess is someone was getting tired marking discs and made a mistake. Pure dumb luck that you happened to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.