• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, as it pertains to discs (and whether or not it's semantically correct), the term "tooling" describes any form of relief (lettering, and in this case a raised circle) on the bottom of discs. Since the raised words/labels/etc. are "tooled" into the mold, they're described as the "tooling" on the disc.

In the discussion on the 2nd runs, the bottom mold was "tooled" (or inscribed) with a double-level and texturing. In subsequent runs (batches/groups/whatever term was settled upon earlier), that tooling on the bottom mold was changed.

Consider me educated, thanks for the enlightening post. :clap:

"Tooling" means all of the above - nobody here was incorrect. It's a common term in the machining/tool-and-die industries. It's just one of those many-definition terms that needs context to understand what the speaker is talking about. Kind of like the way we all toss around the word "stable."

You could almost consider "tooling" to be at the head of a flow chart that filters into other subcategories. Actual hand & machine tools, the dies and molds, modifications to those dies and molds, lettering, texturing, shop machinery & equipment...it's all "tooling."

I can't wait to get my neutron Ion I just ordered...

I had one of the old textured ones and it just didn't do it for me. Hopefully this one will be more like I hoped.

That's how it went for me.

Tried out one of the earliest Ions made. Soft peach no logo textured with uneven bead. Thouht the idea was cool but it flew a little funny. Traded for a textured medium that flew better (fixed bead)...really liked it for drives but wasn't sold on it for putts. Traded it off then went back to Wizards.

Last summer I saw a friend carrying some softs and asked to try driving one. Threw it like 370' on a rope when I was only getting Wizards 350'ish so I went out to some stores to look for some and came away with a 175 s, 171 s and 164 m. After I had played a putter round with my main putting wizard and driving wizard thrown back to back against those new Ions I was sold. Longer drives and better all around glide. Never realized how much giving them a little spin makes a difference. Soon as I figured that out I didn't want to putt with anything else.

"Tooling" means all of the above - nobody here was incorrect. It's a common term in the machining/tool-and-die industries. It's just one of those many-definition terms that needs context to understand what the speaker is talking about. Kind of like the way we all toss around the word "stable."

You could almost consider "tooling" to be at the head of a flow chart that filters into other subcategories. Actual hand & machine tools, the dies and molds, modifications to those dies and molds, lettering, texturing, shop machinery & equipment...it's all "tooling."

:thmbup:

Yeah--that's why I tried to clarify as it's used on the forums pertaining to discs. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if the term isn't used consistently here, either.

Vocabulary--it IS as important as your English teacher said. :doh:

I hope that after the initial release of the volt in neutron they release it in eclipse as well. Love the soft feel of eclipse, and it would be interesting to see it with a driver. Call me crazy

I hope that after the initial release of the volt in neutron they release it in eclipse as well. Love the soft feel of eclipse, and it would be interesting to see it with a driver. Call me crazy

Not to mention a possibly black driver with a white overmold!:clap::clap::doh:

:clap:

I dream of this disc. I'll change all of my present MVP to this color scheme should they release it.

:popcorn:

Yeah that's what I'm saying. If everything I had was in that clear 'uv blue' color that they make in eclipse or proton then I would be one happy camper. They kind of glimmer in the sun and in eclipse it would be a sweet color scheme.

The black with a white overmold would also be out-of-this-world cool.

Well ya see, I suck at dying so I'd much rather buy a disc that's polymer is colored black than dye a blue disc only to have the dye wear off after 2 months of playing with it.

Well ya see, I suck at dying so I'd much rather buy a disc that's polymer is colored black than dye a blue disc only to have the dye wear off after 2 months of playing with it.
i get your apprenshion, but a bottom dye is super easy, and the dye will not fade when its that much on the bottom. I am sure that neutron eclipse may come, but you could do it if you wanted to.

i get your apprenshion, but a bottom dye is super easy, and the dye will not fade when its that much on the bottom. I am sure that neutron eclipse may come, but you could do it if you wanted to.

Well I suppose an alternative way is always good, plus it feels good to have something that is "custom" knowing that not many people have the SAME EXACT disc as you. I guess Im just different.

I'm smart! :) But the name's not Alex...

I've thought about the dye-route, but I'd prefer a factory-made disc with the look I'm going for. So I'll be happy waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts