• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

Would love to see some Wrath love. ... And the only reason I don't bag a Wrath is because they are not always readily available. I don't always try to do it this way but I do sometimes avoid certain discs that are seemingly harder to find than others, especially at my local shops.

That said, today I went for a putter only round with the Glitch, Envy, and Proxy. The glitch continues to be a surprise for me. Parked a 260ft hole by throwing 5 feet long and having it hyzer out behind the basket. Parked a couple 220ft holes and hit the basket on another 230ft hole.

When the Wraths got restocked I bought 3 right away and picked up another first run on an auction as well. It's my main driver and mine were getting pretty beat in. I do think they'll see more stock rising again soon, but for discs that tend to not have as often of a restock, I always try to buy at least 2 when they do come in stock.

As far as the Glitch goes, yeah, that thing is amazing. I did a putter only round at a course while I was on vacation when it first came out. I tickled chains on a 240' hole and parked several others around that same range. Had an amazing uphill bomb with it where I was just ripping it to see how far I could get it. Went about 260' up a pretty steep hill. Would have easily broken 300' on flat ground.

I picked up a tesla and wrath (both 150class) recently and they are both overstable glideless turds. Are you guys beating the snot out of your discs before they pick up glide or do you know the secret to finding good ones?

MVP discs are really hit or miss for me. I love the wave, octane, relay, and runway. And I've hated the crave, photon, and defy.

I picked up a tesla and wrath (both 150class) recently and they are both overstable glideless turds. Are you guys beating the snot out of your discs before they pick up glide or do you know the secret to finding good ones?

MVP discs are really hit or miss for me. I love the wave, octane, relay, and runway. And I've hated the crave, photon, and defy.

My Wrath seemed to act a lot like a longer Teebird or a not so overstable Thunderbird/PD. Only threw it a handful of times and it didnt make the bag so far. Nothing wrong with it though.

How far are you throwing? Tesla/Wrath don't really get their distance by glide. They're meant to be hucked fast. They want to go 350+.

You can get domey Craves these days though. A domey 160ish Crave can indeed glide well, even at lower speeds going 300ish. There was many older runs of flat Craves though, and those needed some speed.

Yeah the recent flat top runs are definitely harder to wrangle. My favourite teslas are the light domey ones with low plh. I tried some of the new fission I was looking for a 155 backup so I bought 155, 159, 161g haha they weren't ideal (too stable) and I found a 148g one that I'm working on now. Truth be told the hard fibreglass streaky fission run from last year was closer in flight to what I wanted. They were stable but not as over the top stable.

Yes they will develop some glide, I'm hoping.

How far are you throwing? Tesla/Wrath don't really get their distance by glide. They're meant to be hucked fast. They want to go 350+.

You can get domey Craves these days though. A domey 160ish Crave can indeed glide well, even at lower speeds going 300ish. There was many older runs of flat Craves though, and those needed some speed.

I can get octanes and waves into the 340's consistently. The tesla and wrath were a little shorter than eagles craves and Polaris ls for me around 315'. Sounds like I don't have the arm for teslas/ wraths.
With the crave I didn't feel like I was lacking distance just consistency. Throwing a crave feels like signing a legal document. Everything has to 100% correct or it'll go to crap. The Polaris ls is like a good 'ol boy handshake. Just get it close enough and it'll work.

Played a primarily forehand round today to an even par. Plasma Tesla and Fission Defy did most of the work off the tee. I did take one backhand throw with the new (to me) Prism Plasma Wrath and parked Oregon Silver 11. Definitely more mellow at speed than my recollection of the standard Neutron Wrath but retaining a strong finish. The approach (mostly Prism Plasma Proxy and Envy) was admirably on point today. Now looking forward to some ice and the next Maple Hill video. Guessing that it's going to be much more dialed in after a couple weeks of exposure.

The Wrath doesn't have a ton of glide, that's not the point of it. It's supposed to be a straight driver with good control. Don't get me wrong, it can bomb, but it doesn't do it by floating like a Glitch, it does it by flying straight and true and at speed. But, as a whole, all Wraths are pretty flat and pretty stable, but not OS meathooks. I have had one that was a bit less stable and a bit glidier, and one that was a bit more stable and less glidey, but they were anomalies for sure from the majority. I think the main trick for any of the more stable MVP discs is getting good spin on the discs. If you can't get them spinning fast enough, they act way more stable, if you do get a ton of angular momentum on them, they hold their line for a long time.

The Wrath doesn't have a ton of glide, that's not the point of it. It's supposed to be a straight driver with good control. Don't get me wrong, it can bomb, but it doesn't do it by floating like a Glitch, it does it by flying straight and true and at speed. But, as a whole, all Wraths are pretty flat and pretty stable, but not OS meathooks. I have had one that was a bit less stable and a bit glidier, and one that was a bit more stable and less glidey, but they were anomalies for sure from the majority. I think the main trick for any of the more stable MVP discs is getting good spin on the discs. If you can't get them spinning fast enough, they act way more stable, if you do get a ton of angular momentum on them, they hold their line for a long time.

Thanks, that makes sense. I'm probably not getting enough spin. The wrath and tesla are a good combo in the wind, I'm probably better off with different discs though.

Prism Plasma is *almost* too pretty to throw. But I love my new Pyro even though it's *almost* too overstable to throw as well :D

I've had a pretty Prism Plasma Pyro for about 4 months and love it. Always looking for a full throw with it. I mostly have been using it for left to right (LHBH) chip shots around trees to get out of trouble or thru gaps within 150 feet, very reliable.

My most recent love as of a few weeks is an Eclipse Envy, the best approach putter I've owned. Had my second 80-foot drop this morning, and third C3 drop. Beautiful glide.

Older proton Wraths are pretty nice.

So I did a search and couldn't find anything on my problem that I have. How do you tell between Neutron and heavy Fission discs? I have what I believe to be a Fission Crave (MVP Open 2022 stamp), but I'd like to have confirmation about the differences in case I decide to buy a second one.

So I did a search and couldn't find anything on my problem that I have. How do you tell between Neutron and heavy Fission discs? I have what I believe to be a Fission Crave (MVP Open 2022 stamp), but I'd like to have confirmation about the differences in case I decide to buy a second one.

They only did the MVP Open Craves in Fission this past year.

Check how the flight plate reflects light from a lightbulb. If the flight plate is shiny and the reflection is clear, its neutron. If the flight plate looks a bit grainy and the reflection is dull, its fission.

Use a pencil, pencil will mark on fission fairly easily but not on neutron

Check how the flight plate reflects light from a lightbulb. If the flight plate is shiny and the reflection is clear, its neutron. If the flight plate looks a bit grainy and the reflection is dull, its fission.

Yeah. My couple of fission discs have kind of a matte finish to them. Neutron is shiny and glossy.

Yet the Fission still dyes nicely, as I discovered in my one experiment to find out.