• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Part VI)

If anybody is willing to try the OOP Neutron Energy, DFX has them under Lab Seconds. It looks like there now being called "Gravity ", Eagle was throwing one this past weekend. I'll pass.

I'm struggling to get excited about any of the new releases.

You're not the only one.

neutron signal doesn't fly like a -3, not a hyzer flip machine.

As with all the Re-Tools they messed it up.
Real signals are -3/-4. The newer sigals in the run they did fly like old relays did when brand new.
EVERY effing release they have done on the re-tool has been massively overstable.

Which also is what lead to this "cosmic neutron is over stable" myth.

The new signals are so bad. They really need to QC this stuff better.
You could have just slapped a relay stamp on them and everyone would have thought they made a good batch of relays.

The biggest thing I am excited about right now is it seems that MVP is following through on their commitment. While still supplying the new signature discs, they are doing a great job filling the shelves with a lot of molds we haven't seen in quite some time. I am looking forward to the prism proton Time Lapses and hopefully seeing stock releases of the Tempo and Trance this year....TBD on those :ROFLMAO:

From what I'm seeing, it looks like they are focusing on a lot of gimmick test things to get people spending some money vs getting people what they have been asking to have made for years.

Still waiting on the glow tesla we've asked for at least 6 years now. probably more. Were still waiting on proper flying re-tools so we can stock back up and stop coveting and hoarding some of our older discs as well. The order list is baren. But if you want some special proton soft and prism discs. we got them.
Marketing wise they are doing great and getting people excited about new discs. Just all the older fans are over here asking for a proper flying signal and what not.

I'm really hoping it all straightens out and turns around, but the company a lot of us fell in love with is mostly gone.

ugh, can confirm. What is with their fairway drivers having no turn?

See above.

If anybody is willing to try the OOP Neutron Energy, DFX has them under Lab Seconds. It looks like there now being called "Gravity ", Eagle was throwing one this past weekend. I'll pass.

Gravity was the original name for the Limit.
The limit is OOP and eagle is... stupid when it comes to what discs to throw. The limit was OOP'ed cause it's a terrible disc.

And 2 of the discs eagle is in love with are the Thrill and Limit, which are 2 of the worse discs MVP ever made. The limit is more throwable than the Thrill, which is a boat anchor. I've watched 500+ foot throwers barely able to get limits 300 feet.

@Sheep My bad, I should of doubled checked, I get the Limit and Energy confused. I picked up the OOP Amp and Shock a few days ago. at $9 each. Have you thrown those two?

Found a barely thrown 22 OTB eclipse Wave in the used bin and I thought folks were exaggerating how OS they were. Threw it a few times in the yard and yeah, reminds me of a PD more than anything. Love the eclipse plastic and flat profile but I already bag a couple PDs. Might try to find room in the bag and see if it breaks into something cool.

They had a bunch of the new OTB discs in stock too. Trance is interesting as a flippy 8 speed but I'm not a fan of the prism rim. The soft proton Hexes are beautiful but I don't need more Hexes. I was tempted though.

@Sheep My bad, I should of doubled checked, I get the Limit and Energy confused. I picked up the OOP Amp and Shock a few days ago. at $9 each. Have you thrown those two?
I never got along with the amp, the one I had was a meat hook.

I loved the switch though.

Energy is the 13 speed, and the limit is the 14.

I used to bag the energy and throw it often, its great for trick shots and get out of jail stuff. As well as an amazing skip disc. I wanted more beef back then being a forehand dominate player pushing the energy really hard on some of the skips and stuff I was doing, and put a limit in my bag and ... lawl.

You'd think a 24mm disc would be beefier than that, but the energy is the beef king from MVP along with the Flare.

Found a barely thrown 22 OTB eclipse Wave in the used bin and I thought folks were exaggerating how OS they were. Threw it a few times in the yard and yeah, reminds me of a PD more than anything. Love the eclipse plastic and flat profile but I already bag a couple PDs. Might try to find room in the bag and see if it breaks into something cool.

They had a bunch of the new OTB discs in stock too. Trance is interesting as a flippy 8 speed but I'm not a fan of the prism rim. The soft proton Hexes are beautiful but I don't need more Hexes. I was tempted though.

The prism stuff is cool, but ... I'd just like them to get their QC together on everything else before they keep pushing all these experiments.

I didn't mind the insanity much with the prism rim. But Didn't care for the pyro with it. The prism envy was a disapointment to me as well. I like my envy's to have a bit of hook up on them like the numbers suggest. another straight disc in my bag wasn't warrented. It's still a good flier. But I like the standard rims.

Putting proton on the rim though is a neat idea though, because you can essentially up the durability of the disc while using a softer premium plastic. But I can't say I've seen a prism rim, except for some of the early prototypes, that had the standard proton durability. They just seem a bit to gummy to me.

gotta say my neutron virus and vanish are hyzer flip machines! loving these discs. neutron signal doesn't fly like a -3, not a hyzer flip machine.

Actually going to give the Virus an audition for my bag. I borrowed one for a few throws last weekend and thought it worth at least a little further trial.

Actually going to give the Virus an audition for my bag. I borrowed one for a few throws last weekend and thought it worth at least a little further trial.
I accidnetally left my on a course and it got put in the lost and found.
Or as I should really call it the "oh, look a free disc, i'll take that" box.

So. I don't have my matching set virus anymore.

But you can bet I"m grabbing it from whoever i see with it.

Virus is just a good staple disc. The whole 9 speed line up from MVP can slay any course. There is a disc for everything in the 9 speeds and they fly so well.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like they are focusing on a lot of gimmick test things to get people spending some money vs getting people what they have been asking to have made for years.

Still waiting on the glow tesla we've asked for at least 6 years now. probably more. Were still waiting on proper flying re-tools so we can stock back up and stop coveting and hoarding some of our older discs as well. The order list is baren. But if you want some special proton soft and prism discs. we got them.
Marketing wise they are doing great and getting people excited about new discs. Just all the older fans are over here asking for a proper flying signal and what not.

I'm really hoping it all straightens out and turns around, but the company a lot of us fell in love with is mostly gone.

I had to do some research so I could have the facts here...By my count, there are a grand total of seven molds that have not seen a restock this year. Of those 7, they seem to me to be some of the lesser desired discs. Although the Nomad, being Eagle's preferred putter, will probably get some love soon. Listed below are all the new discs, or discs in new plastics that we have seen as a stock release this year (First delivery was Feb, next will be June. So, six months....). Then there are the special's which, according to you, is all MVP has been focusing on this year. Then there are the restocks.

Of the restocks, plenty of those discs are in multiple plastic types. Most all of the putters are being run in a premium variant (or two) plus all three softness options of electron.

As far as tooling goes...idk but this just doesn't bother me like it seems to for others. It's well documented what happened. If anything, I just wish they would update the flight numbers. But if you have a strong love for the PFN/PP molds then yeah not much to offer other than finding something close.

New:
Pitch, Eclipse Crave, Electron Entropy, Neutron Detour, Fission Time Lapse, Prism Proton Envy, Pixel

Special:
Proton Soft Glitch, Proton Soft Tempo, Prism Proton Hex, Proton Soft Paradox, Eclipse Drift, Eclipse Servo, Prism Neutron Trance, Eclipse Orbital, Proton Soft Hex, Eclipse Watt, Neutron Soft Crave, Prism Proton Soft Vanish

Restock:

MVP: Dimension, Teleport, Relativity, Octane, Catalyst, Photon, Wave, Orbital, Tesla, Inertia, Impulse, Terra, Volt, Resistor, Servo, Relay, Signal, Deflector, Reactor, Matrix, Uplink, Detour, Entropy, Atom, Ion, Anode, Spin, Ohm Watt, Glitch

Axiom: Delerium, Tantrum, Excite, Mayhem, Tenacity, Time-Lapse, Defy, Vanish, Fireball, Wrath, Insanity, Virus, Rhythm, Crave, Pyro, Hex, Paradox, Envy, Proxy. Pixel, Pitch

Streamline: Trace, Jet, Flare, Lift, Drift, Ascend, Runway, Echo, Stabilizer, Pilot

MISSING:
MVP:
Energy, Nitro, Phase, Zenith, Motion, Nomad
Axiom: Panic
Streamline: None

EDIT: As an aside...MVP's growth has undoubtedly been massive. The pandemic was a boon to the disc golf industry and JC winning worlds set it on fire (for MVP). MVP (retrospectively) did not look prepared for such growth and weren't in the best position to take advantage. While I don't necessarily appreciate the glut of Glitch's and Hex's and Envy's that have been shoved down our throats...it was all funding this: Simon, Eagle, and FINALLY restocking 90% their full line-up in less than 6 months while still maintaining the special OTB stuff and some new released discs.

Last edited:
I had to do some research so I could have the facts here...By my count, there are a grand total of seven molds that have not seen a restock this year. Of those 7, they seem to me to be some of the lesser desired discs. Although the Nomad, being Eagle's preferred putter, will probably get some love soon. Listed below are all the new discs, or discs in new plastics that we have seen as a stock release this year (First delivery was Feb, next will be June. So, six months....). Then there are the special's which, according to you, is all MVP has been focusing on this year. Then there are the restocks.

Of the restocks, plenty of those discs are in multiple plastic types. Most all of the putters are being run in a premium variant (or two) plus all three softness options of electron.

As far as tooling goes...idk but this just doesn't bother me like it seems to for others. It's well documented what happened. If anything, I just wish they would update the flight numbers. But if you have a strong love for the PFN/PP molds then yeah not much to offer other than finding something close.

New:
Pitch, Eclipse Crave, Electron Entropy, Neutron Detour, Fission Time Lapse, Prism Proton Envy, Pixel

Special:
Proton Soft Glitch, Proton Soft Tempo, Prism Proton Hex, Proton Soft Paradox, Eclipse Drift, Eclipse Servo, Prism Neutron Trance, Eclipse Orbital, Proton Soft Hex, Eclipse Watt, Neutron Soft Crave, Prism Proton Soft Vanish

Restock:

MVP: Dimension, Teleport, Relativity, Octane, Catalyst, Photon, Wave, Orbital, Tesla, Inertia, Impulse, Terra, Volt, Resistor, Servo, Relay, Signal, Deflector, Reactor, Matrix, Uplink, Detour, Entropy, Atom, Ion, Anode, Spin, Ohm Watt, Glitch

Axiom: Delerium, Tantrum, Excite, Mayhem, Tenacity, Time-Lapse, Defy, Vanish, Fireball, Wrath, Insanity, Virus, Rhythm, Crave, Pyro, Hex, Paradox, Envy, Proxy. Pixel, Pitch

Streamline: Trace, Jet, Flare, Lift, Drift, Ascend, Runway, Echo, Stabilizer, Pilot

MISSING:
MVP:
Energy, Nitro, Phase, Zenith, Motion, Nomad
Axiom: Panic
Streamline: None

EDIT: As an aside...MVP's growth has undoubtedly been massive. The pandemic was a boon to the disc golf industry and JC winning worlds set it on fire (for MVP). MVP (retrospectively) did not look prepared for such growth and weren't in the best position to take advantage. While I don't necessarily appreciate the glut of Glitch's and Hex's and Envy's that have been shoved down our throats...it was all funding this: Simon, Eagle, and FINALLY restocking 90% their full line-up in less than 6 months while still maintaining the special OTB stuff and some new released discs.

While they might have restocked some discs, they didn't necessarily in all the plastics though.
But most excellent research.

They for sure are catching up still and I get it. But the flight numbers are not necessarily the issue, its just them not QCing the re-tools.

I've noticed the first runs on the new machines are all bad and overstable, then subsequent runs following are more in line.

Things I really love though like the new glow crave. it flies like a crave. MVP wants their discs to fly correct for the disc, not to be plastic driven like the other brands and I find that to be fantastic. If I like plasma plastic, I want it to fly like the mold is designed, not like the plastic makes it warp when cooling, and that's the part that I love about overmold.

But with the process and them trying to really push hard with the output, they are getting inconsistent to the old PP/PFN molds. not necessarily in flight, cause that was a bit more out of their hands, but in run to run they are not dialed in yet.

The main complaint with all the "new" stuff from the OG's is they are ignoring the discs we've been asking for years and years and years. But.. Marketing. People want the "hot new" items.
And stuff like glow tesla is... just forgotten.

But then you see some other things they do, like the electron matrix which is practically non existant now and unwanted, nobody was asking for that. like 1% of the MVP population at the time. The resistor is just a far better disc anyways.

It's tough, like. what do you do, who do you listen to. What decisions do you make? Not everyone is going to be happy, but there are discs out there like Proton Resistor, which I bag, that have only seen a circuit run but are the best flying resistors.

There thought process on how they do things just sometimes makes not much sense. But I'm old school, and what I want isn't what the new players want. So, it's hard to juggle those 2 things. I just want to go buy an orbital and have it fly like an orbital. I don't want my orbitals to be more overstable than a wave. But man, get me in the ball park here. Some of this stuff when they run it isn't even in the same continent.

I finally got around to testing my pre-ordered time-lapses just to find out both had significant manufacturing defects. Mine were red, aka the most "overstable ones", but it turns out it was more significant than that. For reference I can throw about 500+/430+.

Throwing downhill with tailwind they flew similar to a firebird. Then with a forehand driven hard into a headwind down a quite steep hill, I only saw the disc not glide or turn like my nitros and pd2s but drop like some kind of puddle top berg.

So that's when I figured there was something very wrong and referenced the profile with other drivers
The issue had to be the thick part of the rim sitting too low, somehow. So I took a pot with a circumference that closely matched with the overmold edge, put some hot water in, centered the disc on it upside down, then added some hot water in the disc to soften the rim and put a 10 pound plate on top of the rim. I kept an eye on it for 10-15 minutes because I didn't want a superdome disc.
Anyway I got one of them fixed on the first try, now it basically flies like a longer and glidier pd2. Still a very heavy fade in headwinds. Which I was looking for, until we get a mold between Nitro and Octane. The other one took another try and I haven't tested it yet.
Technically not pdga legal but nobody will ever know and I'm not spending more money on broken discs.

While they might have restocked some discs, they didn't necessarily in all the plastics though.
But most excellent research.

They for sure are catching up still and I get it. But the flight numbers are not necessarily the issue, its just them not QCing the re-tools.

I've noticed the first runs on the new machines are all bad and overstable, then subsequent runs following are more in line.

Things I really love though like the new glow crave. it flies like a crave. MVP wants their discs to fly correct for the disc, not to be plastic driven like the other brands and I find that to be fantastic. If I like plasma plastic, I want it to fly like the mold is designed, not like the plastic makes it warp when cooling, and that's the part that I love about overmold.

But with the process and them trying to really push hard with the output, they are getting inconsistent to the old PP/PFN molds. not necessarily in flight, cause that was a bit more out of their hands, but in run to run they are not dialed in yet.

The main complaint with all the "new" stuff from the OG's is they are ignoring the discs we've been asking for years and years and years. But.. Marketing. People want the "hot new" items.
And stuff like glow tesla is... just forgotten.

But then you see some other things they do, like the electron matrix which is practically non existant now and unwanted, nobody was asking for that. like 1% of the MVP population at the time. The resistor is just a far better disc anyways.

It's tough, like. what do you do, who do you listen to. What decisions do you make? Not everyone is going to be happy, but there are discs out there like Proton Resistor, which I bag, that have only seen a circuit run but are the best flying resistors.

There thought process on how they do things just sometimes makes not much sense. But I'm old school, and what I want isn't what the new players want. So, it's hard to juggle those 2 things. I just want to go buy an orbital and have it fly like an orbital. I don't want my orbitals to be more overstable than a wave. But man, get me in the ball park here. Some of this stuff when they run it isn't even in the same continent.

They didn't just restock some discs, they restocked just about every discs except for 7 and some have been restocked twice now (looking at you Wave and Crave). But you are absolutely correct in that there are still a ton of plastic variations still missing. But it's only 5 months into the year and this is after they publicly announced they were shutting down shipments for a couple of months to get their stock up. So to me, they have honored that promise.

I'm not 100% sure what goes into tooling but yes--we have seen that and I wonder if they are using community and pro feedback to get the molds dialed in. For instance T-L was super OS compared to where it should be and the Detour was rumored to be more US in the gyropalooza box and the stock run is supposed to fix that.

In regards to your glow Tesla...they did make it they just put the wrong colored rim on it and called it the Eclipse Insanity! lol...

I'm with you on the electron Matrix. This is the part where, because we don't know what goes on behind the scenes we can only speculate. Something like the electron entropy, they were on record saying that the tooling they had for the entropy just didn't work well with the electron plastic. They didn't want to release a subpar discs or one that was significantly different than the one everyone loves. It just took them a while to figure it out.

DFX Discs is having a Memorial Day Weekend Discount Sale. The pricing looks good.

Mystery boxes with Premium Plastic, Electron Putter Packs, Stair Stepping Discounts, and DFX Ink Discounts. Worth checking into.

I have settled on the Electron Atom Firm as my main Putter. Not being offered.

Last week both the Nomad and Envy Electron Firm on my wishlist arrived at PIAS. Did the grip test, no thank you. The Envy was so much different as in bad than the Medium Electron and other Envy plastics I have.

I was able to grip the Music City Pixel Medium. The Electron feels different than the release version, as in a much better grip. If this was the release version, I would still have it. I thought about it, but I'm so settled with the Atom I shrug it off. Maybe some time later if there still available.

After 4 plus years of a putting putter search, I think it's now over with the Atom. That's a 75 footer thru the gap, and several like it the past few months.

Attachments

• 20240510_092149.jpg
    20240510_092149.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
OTB now has a Stockton Stamp Detour available to purchase. Not a pre-order.

I'm with you on the electron Matrix. This is the part where, because we don't know what goes on behind the scenes we can only speculate. Something like the electron entropy, they were on record saying that the tooling they had for the entropy just didn't work well with the electron plastic. They didn't want to release a subpar discs or one that was significantly different than the one everyone loves. It just took them a while to figure it out.

They ran the electron matrix 2 times before making that statement and there was 0 issues with them. They were actually fantastic fliers, highly sought after.

"were not happy with it" okay good.
Well, can you not be happy with discs that are supposed to be -4 turn not turning at all and not release them to the public?

I'm not 100% sure what goes into tooling but yes--we have seen that and I wonder if they are using community and pro feedback to get the molds dialed in. For instance T-L was super OS compared to where it should be and the Detour was rumored to be more US in the gyropalooza box and the stock run is supposed to fix that.

It's because they are working hard on their process and speed and probably forget to check stuff. I've not really seen MVP listen listen to the community for 5 years. They might do it a bit more now, but they also really divided the community with their fangroup shenanigan's. But that was more of one persons ego trip causing that problem the lying to others.

Things are getting better. its.. Alright. I dont like all the directions the company has gone, but I think they are doing cool things. I just hate how dumb the average MVP golfer is that came over with simon/eagle. Good god I hear them say some of the dumbest things.

And then like in the conversation a page or 2 back about the disc market and how they act. They were paying like 400 dollars for a PD2, but want a collector level MVP and like "best i can do is 15"

The electron Matrix is an awesome flier that's crazy.

I would normally say something like "you shut your whore mouth" as a joke, but people get offended by that now.

So, why dont you take your little eagle envy, and go sit in a corner. =)

The matrix is actually a really really good disc.
The problem is the reactor outshines it so hard that everyone forgot about it.

I had 2 electron matrix. I turned the one into a taco shell on the 3rd throw.

... Don't ask me why someone bought it, but I sold it. I think i charged them shipping and like 2 bucks. Gosh I wish I had a picture, it was the most henious tree hit i've ever seen, squared it so well that the disc just rippled up into the middle and stayed.

The electron Matrix is an awesome flier that's crazy.
I will also add consistent and versatile. Very stable for straight away holes in the woods. In the open up to 25 mph wind stable from any wind direction. It bounced my Neutron Reactor out of the bag. If you have another visit in our area, and decide to play Waller Mill, you'll find it very useful.