• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] MVP discs most like Scandinavian?

-- Villain --

Bogey Member
Hey guys, was wanting to give MVP discs a little go but really don't want to waste my money on a wall hanger. I wanted to get a little info on flight characteristics of plastic and also what would suit to replace discs in my bag as it really covers all the shots I'd need... If a disc can't be replaced no worries

Ill lay it out most stable to least:

Gold Line xXx
VIP Stag
Tournament Stag
Gold Line Fury
VIP Underworld
Tournament Underworld

Gold Line Mace
Tournament Warship
Tournament Tursas

DD Soft Judge

Thanks for the help!

Xxx cant be replaced. Volt can replace the stag, the amp can replace the underworld and fury.axis or tangent can replace the tursas. And i actually switched from ions and anodes to judges so i would keep the judge but get an ion for driving

The Volt can replace the stag for the most part ,but they differ at the end of their flight. The stag fades much harder than the volt.

Tangent can replace either the tursas or warship.

Hey guys, was wanting to give MVP discs a little go but really don't want to waste my money on a wall hanger. I wanted to get a little info on flight characteristics of plastic and also what would suit to replace discs in my bag as it really covers all the shots I'd need... If a disc can't be replaced no worries

Ill lay it out most stable to least:

Gold Line xXx
VIP Stag
Tournament Stag
Gold Line Fury
VIP Underworld
Tournament Underworld

Gold Line Mace
Tournament Warship
Tournament Tursas

DD Soft Judge

Thanks for the help!

The Shock would be most comparable to the XXX. I throw both and a Shock is like a well seasoned XXX. It will hold straight in a 20mph headwind thrown flat, but it gets more distance and fades a little later.

From what I hear of Stags they sound like a slower Shock. Underworlds I hear are flippy and would probably compare more to Amps. Haven't thrown either myself though.

Mace/Warship/Tursas would probably be comparable to Tensor/Axis/Tangent, or Vector/Axis/Tangent. Haven't thrown them so I'm just going off what I've heard.

Judge and Ion.

I'll chime in and say that a Tursas is much more flippy than a Tangent, so I'm not sure that's a great match. A Tangent is more like a Core. Axis is comparable to a Warship in the distance and low lines both can hit. But I think your best bet is to try an Amp for the Fury/Underworld slot.

I'll chime in and say that a Tursas is much more flippy than a Tangent, so I'm not sure that's a great match. A Tangent is more like a Core. Axis is comparable to a Warship in the distance and low lines both can hit. But I think your best bet is to try an Amp for the Fury/Underworld slot.

And here I would say that a Tangent is much more flippy than a Tursas. It's all in the arms of the beholder. :)