• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Eclipse Glow Proton Ion

All of my MVP discs have an indentation like that to some degree. Some slightly bigger or smaller, but it shouldn't affect anything.

all of my eclipses have that too. nothing to worry about as ive tossed mine for the past few days and have gotten some serious work with them. those spots dont do anything but limit your finger spinning while waiting!

Even though it's thin enough at one point that it looks clear? I'm afraid it'll crack at the weak point the first time it hits a tree. MVP is pretty clear about only accepting new, un-thrown returns, so it feels like it's going to be a gamble for me to even go give it a shot.

They only accept outright returns for unthrown discs. Exchanges due to manufacturing defects are a different story, as they already indicated. It seems to me you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

They only accept outright returns for unthrown discs. Exchanges due to manufacturing defects are a different story, as they already indicated.

BCR-9er said:
If you still feel that this may be a defect in any way, you may send to us for our evaluation. If we feel it does not meet our quality standards, then we will replace it for you. Note that we only accept returns on unused product.

Where did they say that exchanges due to manufacturing defects are different?

It seems to me you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Methinks you're making a mountain of of my mole-hill of a complaint.

Where do you see clear plastic? I see pink plastic in the picture you posted, no part looks clear. If I post a picture of Ions that I've thrown for months that look exactly like that and are in perfectly good shape will you feel better about yours?

Where do you see clear plastic? I see pink plastic in the picture you posted, no part looks clear.

In the second picture the center of the 'gouge' is more clear than the surrounding area.

If I post a picture of Ions that I've thrown for months that look exactly like that and are in perfectly good shape will you feel better about yours?

All I want to know is whether or not the gouge on my disc is intentional or a flaw. From my perspective, a weak / thin spot on the flight plate seems like a clear flaw - If others received similar discs and haven't had problems with them, then that's good enough for me.

This being one of the most expensive discs on the market, I guess I just wasn't expecting 'oddities'.

Last edited:
Yeah that photo looks just like my Ions. Here's a few from my bag:

G22Og.jpg

78dGH.jpg

FopGp.jpg

I don't think that there is any chance that you will have a problem with that Ion. Like Mike's pictures show, Ions have been like this for a long time. With all the Ions that have been bought and thrown by people on this forum alone, chances are if it were a problem someone would have posted regarding the hole/crack in their Ion by now.

Has anyone gotten their glow ions from Clearwater yet? I pre-ordered mine there and also got a couple from Marshall street last thursday/Friday. My Marshall street ones arrived this past Monday. Nothing yet from Clearwater. Do they just use slower shipping?

I called Clearwater today and apparently my order didn't go through? My payment went through but because I never went back to the site it didn't complete? Looks like they're shipping out today. I didn't end up getting my first choices even though I pre-ordered but I guess that happens. Oh well, I guess Ill just use other places in the future to make disc golf purchases.

I called Clearwater today and apparently my order didn't go through? My payment went through but because I never went back to the site it didn't complete? Looks like they're shipping out today. I didn't end up getting my first choices even though I pre-ordered but I guess that happens. Oh well, I guess Ill just use other places in the future to make disc golf purchases.

You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

I'm sorry you had a problem. I know that no online business is immune to human or computer err, so I would give them another chance.

Did anyone else get a flawed MVP Ion Eclipse? On mine, the center where the extrusion 'spike' is removed is waaaay gouged out (well over 3/4s of the way though the plastic in my estimation):
You can see in the second photo how thin the plastic is there in the center of the gouge - It's almost clear.

My glowons are just like yours. Doesn't bother me but the contrast between L64 and these is interesting. If it ever fails I'll let ya know. 'Till then I'll be loving it.

I'm sorry you had a problem. I know that no online business is immune to human or computer err, so I would give them another chance.

If their prices were more competitive I'd consider it. Unfortunately in this case I preordered almost solely for the reason that I'd receive the ions quickly. Instead I paid the slightly higher price and will still receive them nearly 2 weeks later than I could've from most other online shops. The people I talked with were nice but didn't seem too concErned about my extra wait for a pre-ordered item.

Question: Is anybody NOT impressed with glow intensity of their eclipses? I have a UV flashlight and cannot seem to get mine glowing properly. The glow also seems grainy or speckled... I love ions and bought 4 eclipses for the white rim alone (read: I don't necessarily care) but I'm not sure I'd use these in a glow round. However, I'd like to be able to... NOT hating... Just asking!

haven't had any issues strive. When you shine the UV flashlight on them you can see the specs but once in the dark they glow very nicely.

typoed earlier, ment to say MY glowion, but no mine lights up just fine (only have 1 though). i have both a UV light and a regular LED light and both work equally as well as the other, pure sunlight honestly might be taking the bag on this one.

I use an LED light and have no problems getting them to light up as well as the other glow discs I've tried (Glow roc, glow z buzz / stalker, glow wizards / magics).

Latest posts