• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

Dealer not holding in your area? Refer them to us for a reward! We have a ton of PIAS on board and just made some changes for 2016 that sweeten the pricing for PIAS accounts new and old.

Lots of changes for 2016, and MST's competitors (rather, all A-Tier accounts who followed minimum pricing) now enjoy the very policy change that was protested over. They also enjoy selling Electron Ions, Plasma Envy, and three different baskets with great margins that drop-ship from HQ so they're pure profit with little effort and no capital, warehousing, or handling. Great way to stir up sales in the slowest retail season for disc golf.

I seen some new display hardware we'll be offering to those PIAS and other dealers this year too!

My E Ion is being held hostage at my local post office thanks to MLK day. So much for my white privilege I guess. :rolleyes:

I wonder if MVP irked my favorite PIAS, their selection of MVP/Axiom has dwindled severely to 2-3 discs while Trilogy and Innova have dominated the space. I might have to ask them about it. Their prices on the MVP stuff was really high (like $23 for Neutron) for some reason.

I'm in the same boat. We only have one store that even stocks MVP and it seems like they have stopped ordering. Pretty annoying.

Anyone throw electron ion this weekend?

Too damn cold here. Hope to get out end of the week and toss them some more.

I have only been able to look at mine, and dream of ripping them into stuff.

However, my plasma nanos have been getting a workout.

Are you familar with the electron plastic at all from protos or atom?

I was banging some nano putts myself this weekend.

I put one in the bag, untested, for my weekend group. Gave it a soft quick rub upside down on a wet teepad, then rubbed some mud into it... Like wow it almost sticks to my fingers now.

I got 2 from Justin (which he delivered to my house in person :) while I was out of town :( this weekend.) I've only fondled so far.

Feels kinda different than the Atoms, seems like. Somebody probably already commented on this. Not chalky at all. It's not bad, necessarily...I just hope the grip in the damp is as quality as the Atoms.

My only interest in them is possibly for putting, and since I prefer the Anode for that, I'll be scuffing these up a bit anyway to try to blunt the potential fade from circle's edge and out, so I'm not too worried about the sheen...

I used mine over the weekend. The feel is great. The flight is really great. It gets out there as well as all my other ions in various plastics. I just can't get used to baseline for putting. I've developed my putting style around premium plastic and I'm always grip locking the Electron for putts. I'm sure when it's wet I'll use it when I can't get ahold of wet premium plastic. I'm guessing it will balance out for my release points. It's staying in the bag for ups and Drives because it's too good not too. That's when I appreciate the grip the most. Overall, extremely satisfied

My E Ion is being held hostage at my local post office thanks to MLK day. So much for my white privilege I guess. :rolleyes:

lmfao

Anyone throw electron ion this weekend?

Too damn cold here. Hope to get out end of the week and toss them some more.

I was just in Nashville for a week but the Ion wasn't yet available. I was pretty upset. Golfed on Thursday and it peaked at 68 degrees. Arriving home last night was horrid. It is cold here...

Played a round on Saturday in the snow. I made every putt I should have. :). I'm very used to N ions for putting as well, so we will see how this goes.

I did throw it a few times in the field and it's excellent.

I've already dented the hell out of this thing. I'll probably not drive with these unless I want a flippy putter but I haven't really needed that.

^ My experience as well. It is very cold here, so that doesn't help, but even from limited putting practice, I have already dented her up good. Seems to dent easier than zero plastics. Feels amazing to putt with though.

Damn, you finally flipped the rock off of you, eh?...

It's been a combination of things. Primary though was buying a 5 bedroom farmhouse and prepping it for weekend room rentals. This left me with less time or motivation for social stuff online but the good news is the house is looking great and working for us now in time for ski season.

Overall it's been a down year for disc in terms of rounds played although I achieved my best accomplishments to date. Went pro in PDGA and almost won a B tier (one stroke back) and I cashed in an A tier which I got in off the the waiting list days before (and finished best of anyone in the "b pool"). Couple other crappy tournaments but cashed in half so not the worst sucess ratio. So feeling good going forward, loving the new Gyro stuff, and excited to play a bunch this year!

I'm also excited that this electron wizzard may usher in even more electron stuff!

Played a round on Saturday in the snow. I made every putt I should have. :). I'm very used to N ions for putting as well, so we will see how this goes.

I did throw it a few times in the field and it's excellent.

I've already dented the hell out of this thing. I'll probably not drive with these unless I want a flippy putter but I haven't really needed that.

These "dents"...r u talking about all the tiny indentations along the rim from chains, etc? Those don't bother me, and don't amount to squat, really. My Atoms had that within minutes of first use on basket. And there are a lot more of them now, but no bigger. I'll take the itty bitty dents over gouges and hangnails any day.

These "dents"...r u talking about all the tiny indentations along the rim from chains, etc? Those don't bother me, and don't amount to squat, really. My Atoms had that within minutes of first use on basket. And there are a lot more of them now, but no bigger. I'll take the itty bitty dents over gouges and hangnails any day.

Not from the chains. It's from hitting the pole and they are decent size for sure. It doesn't bother me at all but I won't use the two I have for anything but putting.

Probably buy another just to mess around with for driving.

Not from the chains. It's from hitting the pole and they are decent size for sure. It doesn't bother me at all but I won't use the two I have for anything but putting.

Probably buy another just to mess around with for driving.

u must slam them putts, cousin ranger.

Electron isnt rock solid at all so that makes sense. It doesnt beat a lot once a little fugly though the initial seasoning from new to beat putter is like searing a steak at 700*

Doesnt take long to taste just right..