• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Ion?

I was trying some 30 footers and putting some mustard on them. It won't be an issue in the circle

I chopped the entire bead off one of my new electron ions last night. I can say i definately dont want a shallow beadless ion type putter mold. Ill throw it later and maybe pass on to someone here.

I chopped the entire bead off one of my new electron ions last night. I can say i definately dont want a shallow beadless ion type putter mold. Ill throw it later and maybe pass on to someone here.

Does it feel weird when you power grip it? I would think that if you went shallower you would need to "tighten*" the radius of the curved part inside the rim.

Also, pictures?

*By tighten I mean have a smaller radius.

Probably but i dont talk about those activities online.

It feels just gross thats 4 shizzle.@roc yeah the curve is riiiight there with it sitting in the hand different.

^That Electron you sent me isn't nearly as bad of a green as I thought it would be! Feels damn good.

You guys comfortably power grip putters? Weird.

All power grip, all the time.

Not sure if you're joking/exaggerating. Everything - putters/mids/drivers? Always?

I rarely power grip anything slower than a speed 7-9ish (what's a Banshee again? I don't pay attention to numbers). Even then I don't always power grip drivers either. I guess that comes with the territory of my huge dong, lifted truck, 500' putts, and sick 90s Civic from the first Fast and the Furious.

Got in a round last night before getting dumped on by Jonas (stupid a hole) Getting the Electron Ion dialed in for putting. 168g Soft pea soup green. I'm really digging the Ion in Electron, way more than the Atom. Idk if it's the deeper profile but it feels great. Still hard to believe I can bag 5 Ions all in different plastic blends, not counting soft neutron or eclipse.

Ions are not as comfortable in the power grip as their shallower putters. The disc itself drives like a dream, but I could see where others might like an Envy, Proxy, or Atom for driving duties. (Especially the Envy)

Not sure if you're joking/exaggerating. Everything - putters/mids/drivers? Always?

I rarely power grip anything slower than a speed 7-9ish (what's a Banshee again? I don't pay attention to numbers). Even then I don't always power grip drivers either. I guess that comes with the territory of my huge dong, lifted truck, 500' putts, and sick 90s Civic from the first Fast and the Furious.

Nope, I'm for reals. It's more comfortable and I have no problems with finesse shots. Just loosen the grip a bit and slow things down. I love how polecats fit in a power grip.

It's pretty much the reason I don't like the ion or anode in regular plastic, only soft. That stupid curved inner rim is harder to grip with a power grip when it has no give. It fits great in a fan grip, but I don't throw that way.

I might switch to a fan grip on like a 100' upshot, but I can't remember the last time I had to. Usually I'll flick it instead.

Ions are not as comfortable in the power grip as their shallower putters. The disc itself drives like a dream, but I could see where others might like an Envy, Proxy, or Atom for driving duties. (Especially the Envy)

I have fairly small hands so it's not that I'm a behemoth or something. I just can't comprehend power gripping such a small thing [rim thickness]...my hand hates it when I do.

To each their own I suppose.

Nope, I'm for reals. It's more comfortable and I have no problems with finesse shots. Just loosen the grip a bit and slow things down. I love how polecats fit in a power grip.

It's pretty much the reason I don't like the ion or anode in regular plastic, only soft. That stupid curved inner rim is harder to grip with a power grip when it has no give. It fits great in a fan grip, but I don't throw that way.

I might switch to a fan grip on like a 100' upshot, but I can't remember the last time I had to. Usually I'll flick it instead.

I would literally vomit if I was made to power grip a Kittie. Love throwing them with a fan or fork grip but I can't even fathom four fingers on that puny little rim lol (awesome mold though!)

I use a modified power/fan grip on my putters and mids. Pinky and ring finger in power grip configuration, middle finger fanned, first joint on pointer locked on the rim. It works great for me with the deeper Ion/Anode profile. Also the Theory and Alias. Vector and Axis get the standard power grip

I power grip Ions and Polecats with ease, I don't know what y'all's problem is. I'm ecstatic that the Electron Ions still have the trademark curved rim.

I use a modified power/fan grip on my putters and mids. Pinky and ring finger in power grip configuration, middle finger fanned, first joint on pointer locked on the rim. It works great for me with the deeper Ion/Anode profile. Also the Theory and Alias. Vector and Axis get the standard power grip

Sounds like the way Sarah Hokum holds her putters. I do pretty much the same thing, but the Anode is still "not right" with my hand. The Ion, not so bad... just wish it was a little less OS....

Standard full grip on the Proxy, which is very comfortable to grip and throw.