• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Plasma!

Man, kinda regretting putting money towards an insanity if there's a plasma inertia right around the corner. Don't know if there will be room for both in the bag behind my max weight P inertia

No confirmation on the Inertia other than a teaser photo. Could be a month or two out...

Just trying to make ya feel better. :thmbup:

Got some good throws with Plasma today. I can see where some say it's a little slick. I just dried it off well and had no problems though. Love the plastic. They definitely feel a little different in the rim. Didn't seem to change anything though. The Ion was perfectly stable. I got some good rips and it had nice HSS. I don't know if Plasma offers any performance upgrade over other plastics other than it looks sexy. It did feel a little more HSS though. Need some more testing to confirm that. One or two will be making the bag.

Last edited:
Saw Laramie's plasma tesla and can say it will definitely fly different than a normal tesla.

Maybe its just a mold by mold basis.

They are able to control the dome on plasma. The proto plasma tesla drivers had slight dome vs flat neutrons.

They are able to control the dome on plasma. The proto plasma tesla drivers had slight dome vs flat neutrons.

Yeah, and they were really sweet. I had one that I sadly lost in a lake and it flew completely different than the other 3 Tesla's I've owned. Much straighter with better glide and less fade than the Neutrons I have in the bag. It was a laser beam with my sidearm out to about 325-350' which is at the very max end of my distance. Backhand it flew very similar to my first run beat in Volt (also recently lost :( ) but about 30-40 feet further. I really miss both of those discs.

The search for white GStar makes me wonder if there is white Plasma. ??

.... Did I just hear plasma tesla == 1st run volt?!!

no.

it's more like a seasoned current volt IMO. my first run volt had a decent amount of turn, so small sample size but i'd say no based off my admittedly limited experience.

for real, all 3 of my softer teslas are super straight, maybe -.5 or -1 TOPS on the innova scale and don't finish that hard. i was very surprised, which is why i compared them to a slightly faster gstar pd. it was love at first throw.

Yeah I've yet to throw a Tesla that flies like a FR Volt, and I've thrown a lot of 160's Teslas, including a 165ish green plasma Tesla. Every Tesla I've thrown has shown more HSS & LSS than any FR Volt in my collection.

compared to a stock tesla (like a stock volt) the plasma are MUCH different and straighter with high speed turn off the shelf. Its not that complicated at all. I said faster FR Volt. pretty much the case'

I could see a nice competition between the Plasma Tesla versus (according to speculation) Wrath for the moderately overstable slot in my bag.

Well I finally got to use my Plasma Ion for the first time and I am rather thrilled with it :D.

The plastic feels great and has a bit more glide than my overweight Neutron Ion, which is nice because I felt that I had to sometimes muscle it to get it to the basket. I made a few really good putts today and then hit the basket on many others. Still, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

:thmbup: