• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

had my first drives with shock today. I got couple 173g shocks, 2 max weight volts and 2 eagles. shock was quite a let down. its slightly more stable than volt, but it still has tendency to flip over and crash to right. with 80-90% power up to 80 - 90 meters it keeps going nice narrow s-curve with hyzerflip throw. volt makes same line with forward penetrating fade with bigger release angle and gets 5 meters further. if i try to add slightly more power they just flip over and never come back. its really sudden point and gives no warning. its really hard to like these. Vector and axis are much more forgiving and i like them really much. low speed stability is quite good, but high speed stability needs some work on both discs. you really should get rid of "point of no return". amp can probably handle that segment. Now we have winter conditions with snow. at summer i would throw that lenght with axis or vector.

I'm glad to see that MVP is listening as well, but shouldn't this all have been a part of the decision made by the testers? It just seems to me like the testers on here got their discs about a week before they were going to be released to the public, and all these problems could be avoided with a longer tester period before production runs (I think the volt was a little more like this than the shock was so they could make the changes before they were released to the public)

We have received some feedback from a handful of people that found their Shock to be not as quite as stable as what they were expecting. Because of this feedback, we delved into this information, and have worked to make them a little bit more stable. We have sent a new batch of Shocks to our testers for their feedback. We are confident to say that all future runs will be consistently as stable as what the testers will find these to be.

Thank you all for your feedback as we work to continue improving our products in every aspect possible.

Please add some run number to all of your discs stamp and tell if some run has some specific change in flight characteristics. It's good for you and good for players to know it. Players don't like random variation. But if you tell that this run (e.g. 1.0) is less stable than the other (1.1) , its really good to know. It reduces bad reputation really much. there will always be someone who likes the less stable run. so it doesn't really reduce your sales.

Please add some run number to all of your discs stamp and tell if some run has some specific change in flight characteristics. It's good for you and good for players to know it. Players don't like random variation. But if you tell that this run (e.g. 1.0) is less stable than the other (1.1) , its really good to know. It reduces bad reputation really much. there will always be someone who likes the less stable run. so it doesn't really reduce your sales.

This brings up a good point. Since MVP is so dead set against doing anything to differentiate runs how will we know which are new? I've been kind of waiting for a more stable driver and the improved shock sounds like something I'd like to try.

Lol. Prodigy screws up a run of discs, catches it, offers to replace them, and they get s*%t on for the most part. MVP messes up a run, says theyre gonna fix it on the next one and people love it. I dont get it.

Btw, MVP, i do respect you guys for doing that, the above statement wasnt supposed to be negative toward you guys.

My opinion is that it would be good for MVP to have some bit more time with testers to ensure the disc flies of what MVP expects (preferable in private/secret) until MVP gets it, then formally announce in public with their usual 2 or so week release timeframe.

Lol. Prodigy screws up a run of discs, catches it, offers to replace them, and they get s*%t on for the most part. MVP messes up a run, says theyre gonna fix it on the next one and people love it. I dont get it.

Btw, MVP, i do respect you guys for doing that, the above statement wasnt supposed to be negative toward you guys.

It's because the people who were about to complain got snuffed out by the fanboys and thrown in a ditch before their voice could be heard. :D

The reasoning behind MVP's current way of releasing discs may be financial, in part. How many test Shocks do you want to blow through before you get it right? They might make a few, test them, and if they are coming out close to what they require, they do a full run at those settings.

I don't know how other companies run their test discs but it has to get expensive to keep making discs you never intend to sell if they're not molding up right, even if you regrind the plastic or sell them as X-outs.

We have received some feedback from a handful of people that found their Shock to be not as quite as stable as what they were expecting. Because of this feedback, we delved into this information, and have worked to make them a little bit more stable. We have sent a new batch of Shocks to our testers for their feedback. We are confident to say that all future runs will be consistently as stable as what the testers will find these to be.

Thank you all for your feedback as we work to continue improving our products in every aspect possible.

Awesome! Sorry for the complaining about the stability of the Shock, but it looks like my grievance has been addressed! No more waiting for the Mobex for me if the new shocks are nice and stable, I don't need a meathook just somethin that resists HSS =)

well i'm glad i bought a pos shock. atleast prodigy recalled there over weight ones and replaced them. I'd like a company who takes the time to make and test a disc. Then come out with a new mold every month.

well i'm glad i bought a pos shock. atleast prodigy recalled there over weight ones and replaced them. I'd like a company who takes the time to make and test a disc. Then come out with a new mold every month.

lol. Sorry you bought a first run. POS shock? Doubtful... MVP takes tons of time to test discs and also addresses any issues which their customers feel need be AND LOOK WE WILL HAVE A REFINED SHOCK WITH MORE HSS. Where do you even think to make a comment like the above? MVP does not even have ratings for their discs so what are you even holding them to calling your shock a POS? No one said it would be a monster or flick?

People here are just... :|

I'm betting MVP goes back to this strategy for their next disc, every disc they sold under this strategy sold well and made people very excited. But when they jumped the gun and released the Amp and Shock without giving the testers time to try them out the discs didn't sell anywhere near as well. Part of the success of the Volt had to do with that long anticipation period where you get all pumped up waiting and reading all the info you can about the thing.

lol. Sorry you bought a first run. POS shock? Doubtful... MVP takes tons of time to test discs and also addresses any issues which their customers feel need be AND LOOK WE WILL HAVE A REFINED SHOCK WITH MORE HSS. Where do you even think to make a comment like the above? MVP does not even have ratings for their discs so what are you even holding them to calling your shock a POS? No one said it would be a monster or flick?

People here are just... :|

Don't be so defensive, he's basing it on the fact that the Shock release description from MVP said it was "a more overstable compliment to the Volt". He bought one that is less stable than a Volt, he has the right to be upset. Although if he watched Mike C's videos before purchasing he woulda known it was understable =P

also you are comparing one company who sent out PRODUCTS THAT WERE NOT EVEN LEGAL FOR PLAY... VS ONE WHO SENT OUT PRODUCTS WHICH APPEARS TO HAVE MIXED REVIEWS ACCROSS THE BOARD LIKE EVERY OTHER MOLD THAT COMES OUT AND POSTED ON THIS FORUM...

Apples to oranges peeps.

I'm glad I waited before buying a Shock.

*I do have everything else MVP produces*

Maybe they will have a special offer.....like say a free mvp mini with purchase of the refined shock.

Don't be so defensive, he's basing it on the fact that the Shock release description from MVP said it was "a more overstable compliment to the Volt". He bought one that is less stable than a Volt, he has the right to be upset.

Only issue is HOW he takes argument in saying its a "POS shock" I have thrown 3 different weights in 3 different colors and none of them are a POS, flippy or even remotely understable. I also throw volts which have less fade then the shock as well as more glide. Sounds to me like my shocks would be a little more OS even though they may not be OS monsters but do compliment the volt and WILL even better now.

Maybe they will have a special offer.....like say a free mvp mini with purchase of the refined shock.

I'm just hoping that DGC will allow me to specify that I want a newer run, only one local shop here sells MVP and all he has is a couple proton Axis.

Only issue is HOW he takes argument in saying its a "POS shock" I have thrown 3 different weights in 3 different colors and none of them are a POS, flippy or even remotely understable. I also throw volts which have less fade then the shock as well as more glide. Sounds to me like my shocks would be a little more OS even though they may not be OS monsters but do compliment the volt and WILL even better now.

If you get that offended by someone saying POS it's going to be a rough life for you...