• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Threw it a ton this weekend.. definitely losing a little bit of the LSS with the fade not being nearly as hard in my max weight more similar to my lighter one which is becoming sneaky long.

I would even say its really not all that overstable, much less so than I initially had thought and some of the reviewers were making it sound. Great workhorse distance driver with enough stability to make it very reliable in all conditions but not too much where you are constantly playing a hard fade or compensating release angles/form etc to get the line you need.

After seeing how this disc seasons up a little bit I think the motion is for sure needed and not going to be too OS at all. There are many times the Tesla just doesn't have that TRUE overstable flight to it.

Agreed! I am getting crazy straight shots with mine since getting it slightly seasoned. I dig it. ..and look forward to the Motion.

Same here. I have a 167 neutron and it started showing a little turn with almost no fade unless I throw it high. My shock fades more than my tesla does.

How important is weight with these? I want to add something more stable(over) than my Inertia, but don't want to add it only to become a disc I only can throw into a 15 mph wind. I am guessing I throw the Inertia 335ish. Too new for me to have thrown where I can really measure.

My Tesla is ending up more of a control driver than a distance driver. On a straight shot my Volts still go farther, with my Tesla needing to be turned over for a big S shot to match the D. Right now I'm basically using it for wind/hyzers/flex shots, but powered flat it is nothing like the Volt for me.

I don't understand, I do not have a rocket but even with the BIG fade my Tesla has, it still has more distance than my Volt. My Volt is a 175 Eclipse and my Tesla is a 166 SE, perhaps that is it.

i have built my way up the mvp/axiom line-up. i skipped volts for the tesla, and was expecting a different disc. for me, craves top off around 375, inertia flips nicely out past 400, but my teslas (across the board between every edition) look great for 250 then completely die at 325. i hope they will break in a bit quicker.

How important is weight with these? I want to add something more stable(over) than my Inertia, but don't want to add it only to become a disc I only can throw into a 15 mph wind. I am guessing I throw the Inertia 335ish. Too new for me to have thrown where I can really measure.

If you're only throwing an Inertia 335ish, you should NOT get a max weight. Get something like ~166g or so. It will still be plenty over stable, but you MIGHT get some distance out of it at a lower weight.

I don't want to make too many assumptions but usually when a faster disc goes less far it means you are not getting it up to speed and allowing a full flight. For instance I can throw a tesla or trespass further than a beefy quasar even though the quasar is faster becasue my backhand power typically can't get the full high speed turn out of the quasar.

Have any of you with this experience with the tesla tried the inertia?

I don't know if this will shed any light on the conversation but take another look at the 20mm class flight chart. For one, hardly any turn in the Tesla. And look at the loss of distance for lower-powered throws... while the upper bounds are in the same neighborhood, the lower bounds drop significantly with Tesla and Motion.

class_tesla.png

Id say looks legit. people need to understand what is being illustrated like you pointed out.

Out of curiosity is there a actual distance correlation to the min/max lines?

couple answers:

- There's no precise distance tied to min/max.

- Tesla has the most forward distance potential; Inertia may cover more ground but some of its distance is lost to lateral movement. In a pure distance competition I think Inertia could beat it, but not with a golf shot... with a very high flip into a turn with enough height to fade back.

- To model bad form, you'd need to exaggerate the fading portions (for nose-up bad form) or the turning portion (for torquey bad form) with appropriate cuts to distance.

sorry for the supershort answers, got things in the oven.

Does that mean the Tesla has the most distance potential for the right power level of all of them?

These flight charts mean next to nothing. They can give you a super rough ballpark estimate, but there are so many variables in armspeed, rotation, release angle, followthrough, individual grip, etc. that I think it would be absurd for anyone to claim that one disc has more 'distance potential' than another (at least discs within the same speed range).

I've had the same unexpected experience as some others. My 167 SE Tesla dies just past 300 feet (if it gets that far) while I can get my Volts and Amp easily out that far and most times 320 or so. I can get my Inertia out to 330-350 and my Wraith maxes out at 370.

But when i first got my volt it took a while before it really took off for me so I haven't lost hope yet. I'll get another non-special edition at some point. I've had numerous discs over the years that don't fly according to specs (even MVP).

These flight charts mean next to nothing. They can give you a super rough ballpark estimate, but there are so many variables in armspeed, rotation, release angle, followthrough, individual grip, etc. that I think it would be absurd for anyone to claim that one disc has more 'distance potential' than another (at least discs within the same speed range).

sounds like you need to throw more discs and check back in.

I have thrown manyyyyyyyy putters, mids, drivers all of which have different potential distances at the same speed class than others. There is more to disc flight than its speed lol. Zam touched on it above regarding the inertia vs tesla and line which it would take to achieve max distance etc. The charts represent flat "perfect" throws.

Last edited:
I don't want to make too many assumptions but usually when a faster disc goes less far it means you are not getting it up to speed and allowing a full flight. For instance I can throw a tesla or trespass further than a beefy quasar even though the quasar is faster becasue my backhand power typically can't get the full high speed turn out of the quasar.

Have any of you with this experience with the tesla tried the inertia?

I do agree regarding faster discs and your analogy. I said before my Inertia flips past 400 consistently, and it needs a fair amount of hyzer (more than my Terns did for similar distance). I've gotten my Craves out to 375. I've even thrown Trespasses for months and feel the results mimic the intended flight. The Tesla just hasn't been what I hoped out of the box (I have weights ranging from 155-max, all the same flight).

I was expecting the Tesla to replace my FR OLF because they are much easier to find, have almost similar flight charts/projections, and I've come to love MVP/Axiom after not jiving with the Ion. Out of the 8 MVP/Axiom molds I've added to my bag this year, the Tesla is the only one that has not lived up to expectations. However, I am desperately hoping my opinion changes.

Latest posts