• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

mike have u noticed and changes in stability by color? i will be ordering some soon and want the most understable.

i am hoping to really like this disc. Right now i have a champ valk, opto saint and a spd in my bag. Would this be a good disc to replace all of them?

mike have u noticed and changes in stability by color? i will be ordering some soon and want the most understable.

My light pink, despite being the heaviest Volt I received (175.2) holds a turn with the least coaxing. It's not a big difference, but it is a difference. It is still not any where near what I would call understable.

No. I could see it replacing the saint, maybe your spd, but definitely not you valk.

Some champ Valks are fairly stable...If so, then the Volt could replace that too. Since you are pairing it with the other two discs though, I expect it is your understable disc. Honestly the Volt will probably compete with your Saint, and could probably sit between your other two discs.

Right now I'm pairing my Volts with my SPDs. There is some overlap between my seasoned SPD and my new Volts, but not much because the PD is straighter and has to be thrown harder/glides less. I don't know if I'll need something understable because I'm thinking the Volt will not have to break in much to become a great turning disc because it holds a line so well.

My champ valk is pretty stable. I have been pretty much choosing between it and the saint for the same kind of shots. Well I lost the valk since i posted before anyways.

Some champ Valks are fairly stable...If so, then the Volt could replace that too. Since you are pairing it with the other two discs though, I expect it is your understable disc. Honestly the Volt will probably compete with your Saint, and could probably sit between your other two discs.

Right now I'm pairing my Volts with my SPDs. There is some overlap between my seasoned SPD and my new Volts, but not much because the PD is straighter and has to be thrown harder/glides less. I don't know if I'll need something understable because I'm thinking the Volt will not have to break in much to become a great turning disc because it holds a line so well.

I've considered dropping my roadrunner because the Volt is letting me hit similar lines with a flat or micro-anhyzer release as my RR does with a deep hyzer, and is easier to predict how much it will turn and how late in the flight. I just don't see the Volt doing much of any turning in a tailwind, they need an anhyzer release there until we beat some in.

For me the disc I had bagged that came closest to the Volts was the 1.1 QOLF I've thrown for 3 years now, but it has apinch more turn and fade to it and a touch less glide. I'm extremely happy to have an easily replaceable driver that can hit similar lines because while that QOLF has been my favorite driver for years, I don't throw it over water, in the snow, with a ton of leaves on the ground, towards dark etc. because I would hate to lose it. I fell in love with the Axis for similar reasons. It is fairly comparable to a Roc beaten perfectly straight but waaaay easier to replace.

May have been the wind yesterday, but the Volt did have a touch more turn that I expected. Still felt pretty good at 172g....want to get it lower to really see what I can do with it.

Is it Thursday yet?:D

Took the Volt out to a more heavily wooded course and it did excellent on long tunnel shots. I can think of a lot of holes at the wooded courses around here that will be easier with a Volt in the bag. Tons of glide and great at flipping to flat and ending slightly to the left or right depending on how I release it

Would you call it a faster river with slightly less glide and a little more fade? Recently picked up a couple GL rivers and they are my fav drivers.

Took the Volt out to a more heavily wooded course and it did excellent on long tunnel shots. I can think of a lot of holes at the wooded courses around here that will be easier with a Volt in the bag. Tons of glide and great at flipping to flat and ending slightly to the left or right depending on how I release it

Long tunnel shots is pretty much what I use a River for. It has enough turn so that I can flip it for a late right moving finish, or I can snap it cleanly on a pure hyzer and have it hold the left turn on a sweeping hyzer flight. I'll be sure to pick up a Volt, but like I have said before, it is really going to have to impress me.

To be fair, I thought the same about the Axis because I loved the buzzz, but look what is in my bag now :). I have a feeling the Volt will do the same.

I've never thrown a River but it sounds similar to how you use yours. If I crack a Volt hard and flat it goes straight then finishes right, given a bit of hyzer it's a laser with a late left fade.

If how you describe a volt is accurate for people with less power then it will probably be very much like a longer river/saint. The problem is you have to get a super heavy opto for it to be the same. I have a 179 GL river and it is such a beautiful disc and it flies exactly how you describe the volt.

I think I'm gonna buy one :D

Just about any disc I throw has less turn than people that throw the same distance or less. Kind of intrigued if this one will turn at all for me.

hrm... what online disc vendor to buy from.... :p