• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VS Magnet

Which putter?

• Anode

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • Magnet

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters

Mexikid0669

Bogey Member
I need some help choosing which putter to stick with I have had equal success with both. I have always come back to the anode after switching the putters such as the magic and omega ss. I played around with the magnet and loved the way it flew (very similar to the anode, straight with little fade) I want to pick up copies of the one of these but I need help choosing which one to pick.

if you can't make this decision by yourself you're ****ed for life

This really is up to you. Picking your putter really defines your game and your throwing style. We can give all the advise on what works for us and our favorites, but picking a putter in many respects is the most important part of your game and must be made by you.

I left the magnet last month and have yet to look back. It was fantastic and did the chains well.

But unfortunately the anode just felt better in my hand and had a nice soft feeling to it when I release it. Bangin chains too

If the Anode and Magnet do the same thing, but the Anode lasts 100x longer than the Magnet, I'd go for the Anode.

I have a soft magnet and an anode. Magnet was alright but it got deformed/warped so fast. When I got the anode I have never wanted to make the switch to anything else (besides testing out a soft anode) and its more durable. Anode gets my vote.

I actually carry both. They feel very similar in my hand and throw similar and fly similar. The main difference for me is that my soft Magnet is 177g and my Anode is 168g. I use the Anode for long putts and up shots and the Magnet up close, downhill shots and if it is windy.

Personally, I don't really like Anodes for putting, but I don't really like Magnets for driving, so for me the decision would be made by its intended use.

I just got my friend's anode for a deal, and I love it! I also have a soft magnet, which is what I usually let my brother throw. I just don't like it because it's the soft magnet, and it's too flimsy for me.

Thanks for the help. I know I need to choose myself but I wanted others opinion of each disc.

I've never used the Anode but swear by the soft magnet. Try this - Play 4 rounds at the same course, 2 with the magnet and 2 with the anode as your putter. Count the number of putts you attempt and the number you make with each putter. Use the one with the higher hit percentage.

Funny...I was using an Anode but someone told me it wasn't a great putting putter. More for upshots and whatnot. I was putting pretty decent with the Anode except there was one glaring problem that he inadvertently hit on.

Anodes = $15
Magnet = $8

While I can afford an Anode, I knew I really needed to have 3 or 4 of the same putters in identical weight for practice. So, I bought some Magnets. I checked some out at the shop, they felt better than the Challenger so I rolled with a few soft magnets and regular magnets. Come to find out, my putting percentage on rounds increased...and surprisingly I liked the regular magnet as opposed to the soft magnet.

BUT! In no way do they fly the same. If you want to do a short anhyzer putt with a little movement they are quite different. I'd go with the magnet for putting and keep the Anode as once you progress in your game it will find a spot in your bag.

Side note...I liked the regular magnet so I switched to a stiffer putter. I use KC Pro Aviars now.

Latest posts