• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Wave

In general is the proton wave more hss? I have a double stamped/misprint N wave that was going to be one of the pdga disc so it is black core white rim. it flies very tight s curve out to about 350 for me. but any head wind at all and it does an orbital impersonation and is gone or burning out.

Yeah as long as heavier. I think the pdga mvps are all 150 class. Inertias were anyway.

Personally the photon in upper 150s low 160s is a better HSS option. They do not turn but have a softer fade vs max wts which are pretty OS when new.

If you prefer lighter wt id go with a photon. All of the plastics are great. 145g fission and below start to fly more like waves.

yeah its 150 class I throw my drivers in lighter weights (old guy) I like my fission photons but is feel like there is a gap between my wave and photon. I tried buying a lighter fission photon (the one in my bag is 154) got a 144 and it is beefier then my fireball. only throw it into a head wind.

All 3 of mine are flat: proton, neutron, and plasma. This is one mold that dome really isn't a factor. Great glide.

My new one gets where it's going so fast I am not sure it even needs glide lol

If I happen to travel North or South where stores actually carry MVP, I'll look some over.

So, I bought a 173 plasma to pair with my 168 Neutron that I absolutely love. Turns out they fly almost exactly the same. So, what would be my best strategy to get a slightly less US Wave? Heavy Neutron? Proton? I prefer Neutron if there will be no stability difference.

So, what would be my best strategy to get a slightly less US Wave?

I love neutron waves too, around 168g.

I was hoping a fission photon in the mid 160s would be the "slightly beefier wave." But, it's a few ticks more stable. It might get there after I knock the new off of it. Right now, I can't get any turn out of it (it's still very fresh). But, it does go really far on a mild flex line.

In the same shipment, I bought an axiom vanish. Axiom describes the vanish as somewhere between the wave and the orbital, but after 10-20 throws I disagree. The vanish that I received is more HSS and LSS than the wave (both are neutron, 168g), but not as beefy as the photon. It's possible that I got a fluke, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the vanish.

^makes sense. Defy can be pretty beefy when new. Lighter wave vs max wt vanish can be similar. Lighter vanish ive had are more understable but not orbital flippy. Same with 175 vs 155g waves.

Like the inertia you can find slightly stable to a little US when new waves due riding that line so close already.

Last edited:
Yea the Wave is a goofy disc. I've had several of them since release. The most US was a sparkle proton. The most OS is my HOF stamp neutron. The sparkle must have been a freak, though. I've never had a distance driver that had such a late turn in it flight. Really mad when I lost that. Stuck it 60ft high in a viney pine tree at Mt Airy. The HOF is still in my bag and its your classic S kind of flight, with a bit more fade than turn. Its great for when you need a glidey hyzer shot, it just gets great lateral movement. It will also hold up to fairly decent headwinds without turning all the way over. Both were max weight or close. I lost a couple Particle stamp N waves early on that I didn't really get to break in at all. Those were both probably right in between the SP and HOF. At the same time I had the SP I also had a stock 167ish N that was closer to the HOF in stability. They were a great pair. The 168g plasma I have at the moment is probly somewhere between the Particle stamps and the SP.

What I got: 175g Proton Wave, 175g Plasma Wave, 155g N Wave (PDGA disc). The plasma and the 155g Wave fly a lot closer to each other than the flat Proton I've got. The Proton is actually hard to turn over but doesn't have much LSS (or glide much, it's really flat). The Plasma has decent dome, glides like crazy and flies a lot like a Tern, Beast, Valkyrie type of flight. The 155g Wave is flat and Neutron but flies a lot like the Plasma, just much touchier.

So if you want a beefier Wave I guess look for a pale pink, flat Proton Wave. :\

So, I bought a 173 plasma to pair with my 168 Neutron that I absolutely love. Turns out they fly almost exactly the same. So, what would be my best strategy to get a slightly less US Wave? Heavy Neutron? Proton? I prefer Neutron if there will be no stability difference.

I have three Neutron Waves: 153g, 163g, 173g. The 163g is the most overstable, due to a higher PLH than the other two.

So I recommend looking for a higher PLH in your favorite plastic.

So I recommend looking for a higher PLH in your favorite plastic.

I am almost never near a store that carries them. When I have been, I have never seen more than 1 in stock. I have to order and just take my chances. The fabulous Neutron I am bagging now was bought on a whim with tournament credit from the payout vendor. This one is so good that it gets me in trouble because I like it so much I square peg in round hole it.

Latest posts