• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag.. tips / advice / help please

bchase

Hello,

I've been playing for almost 2 years.. and everyday serious to improve for about 6 months.

I throw around 280 - 315 or so with above 300 prolly lucky combinations of wind and an above average (for me) throw.

Here is my bag, I have gotten to the point where I bag overstable discs for some purposes, but I haven't gotten to where I can "fill all the holes".. yet.. I tend to just buy and try more than anything

Any advice?

In the bag:
-----------------
Deputy (understable)
Magnet (sometimes putter - I like Jawbreaker plastic)
Roach (primary putter - I like Jawbreaker plastic)
XT Nova (straight)
Discmania P3X overstable (overstable - I don't like this plastic so mostly throwing)
--------------------------------
Warrant
Evidence
Truth
Gatekeeper
Suspect (primary sidearm disc under 250)
-------------------------------
Diamond (very lightweight extremely understable - I use for rollers and turnovers but I cut roll a lot more now with turnovers and this disc)
ESP Sting
Vandal
Witness
Fury
Destiny
Halo
Renegade (air plastic - my primary distance driver right now)
Blizzard Katana (primary sidearm disc over 250)
Pro Beast
Road Runner
Heat
Escape
Northman
Boatman

Not in the bag:
Compass
Trespass
Champion Orc
Vision
DX Beast
Prodigy F7
Champion Leopard
Champion Sidewinder
Wildcat
Jade
Crank
Champion Valkyrie
Champion Mako3

Incoming:
Pro Tern
Lat Spark

UPDATE after reading the stickies.. The bag below is what I actually throw mostly.. And not a list of all as above.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 2 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH (just learning this)
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Roach: 210/230'; Evidence: 230/250'; Renegade: 270/300'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None so far
Other sport proficiencies?: Softball

Specific areas of desired feedback: Want to learn consistent forehand
Immediate and long-term goals: Short-term learn forehand and gain distance

Bag: (I'll have to update my weights when I have discs at hand - too late to look at em now)

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
159? Renegade, (used and understable) - main driver, slight anny to flat.. a good distance throw will turn and fade.
169? Heat, (new).. headwind version of above.. I can turnover too much with either of above sometimes.
159? Diamond, (used and understable) - Rollers, turn-overs .. finding turnovers turning into cut rollers more often now
172? Northman, (used) - getting a slight turn sometimes with this now
170? Boatman, (new) - I use this if I definitely don't want it to turn or go right at all
159? Halo, (beat) - I use this for forehands
159? Blizzard Katana - Started using this for forehands some as well

Mids:
170? Evidence, (new) - main mid
170? Suspect (new) - anhyzer / straight with late fade shots / Almost all forehand shots for mid
170? Warrant (used) - anytime I need to go right RHBH and I don't feel comfortable with the forehand

Putters: (all RHBH, I can't seem to forehand putters)
175? Roach , (new) - main putter, tee pad and approach
175? Deputy, (used) - anytime throwing in tailwind or need to go right (RHBH)
175? Magnet, (new) - if I feel off with the Roach I start using the magnet

Last edited:
My advice - you have way to many molds. Very common for new players, I did the same thing. The secret to this game is consistency, and it's hard to be consistent with that many different molds. I like buying plastic as much as anyone, and it's really fun when just starting out. I'd recommend picking one mold for each of these four categories - one stable putter, one stable mid, one stable fairway, and your favorite overstable mold, either putter, mid or fairway. Sell everything else on Facebook and just buy multiples of that mold. Ditch anything faster than speed 9ish, definitely ditch that Katana. Also recommend reading the building the bag sticky in this forum. Good luck !