• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] My bag went from Innova to Discraft

I've moved more from Discraft to Innova. I love the speed, glide, turn and fade ratings they put on their discs. No it's not as simple as they map it but it helps me make smart purchases. I love the star and champ plastics from Innova and the Z and ESP plastics from Discraft. But my putter is either a soft Wizard from Gateway or Pro D Focus from Discraft. And as alluded to before I can make all of them look inferior.

Currently in the bag:
5 Discraft
10 Innova
1 Gateway

I started as an all Innova thrower but I am starting to switch to Discraft,... I think. I suck at driving, weak arm, lack of skill, bad form, you pick the one that fits, I just keep trying. So far I have found Discraft XL's to be my driver of choice. For midrange I love the Star Mako from Innova but my Buzz Elite X is a close secound and will be picked for some throws. I would like to get a Buzz in Z plastic and try that . For putters I use an ION and a Banger GT, I like the ion better for the basic put and the Banger for head wind. For longer putts I still use a Champ Aviar.

Seriously, I'm converting to Lightning, that's how bad my game has gotten lately.

Aside from my Polaris LS, I carry all Innova. That's all they have in stock around here and I have an unwarranted fear of buying things online.

discpicable you gotta check out the P-town area. Honey bear and Pieradise both have pro shops with lots of different discs and A LOT of information between the owners. It shouldn't be that far from GC, and if ya want hit me up and we can shoot together there sometime. i haven't been to honey bear yet this year, but pieradise twice and got 3 new discs. need to go again and check out a mako and buzzz

edit: i also hear that allen pier of pieradise will let you throw what ever he has in his bag/ the lost and found, so if there is something you would like to try before buying you can play 27 holes with it and see if you like it first!

Last edited:
Down to just the Teebird and Leopard, but I still find myself looking to cover their shots with a single mold and lord knows where that will take me. Probably right back to the Teebird and Leopard TBH.

Haha. I have been considering the switch ever since I bought my gt banger. Only problem is discraft is not in big supply in my area and I like to feel the disc in my hand before I buy it.

I am slowly starting to make the change from Innova to something else. I do enjoy the quality and predictability that Discraft offers, but enjoy considering other makers as well. I am not purposely looking to replace and Innova disc just for the sake of switching brands though. Just whateveris going to allow me to make the best improvements in my game.

When I first started I had almost all innova. But since I discovered the Buzzz by discraft I have been slowly integrating more and more discraft into my bag. I now have in FLX plastic 2 buzzzs' a Surge, XL, and Avenger SS. I also Really love the Z Wasp. My putters are mixed. I have 2 Gateway Super Soft Wizards 1 Star Aviar and 1 DX aviar hopeing to get a Crystal Challenger soon.

When I started, I threw just Innova. Now I have branched out and it is equal in my bag between Innova, Discraft, and Latitude 64. If Latitude 64 comes out with some more discs to fill some roles, then it may become more Latitude 64 than anything else.

No point in going from one to another, carry both...carry all.

I carry Daredevil, Vibram, Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Latitude

Wife carries Innova, Discraft, Latitude

I noticed that when I first started playing, I threw almost all Innova. Now, that I have discoverd some Discraft discs, my bag is now 70% Discraft. Anyone else make a change like this?

how is that workin out for ya midnight? i have been playing for a yr now and still throw 99% innova. i have 1 gateway putter. omega super soft:confused:

Yea I think we all started out throwing Innova. The availability for Innova products is unmatched around here. Hardly any Discraft... But after going from a Wraith to a Surge I was sold. I needed a LOT of room for the Wraith but didn't always have it on the fairway. Then I figured "lets just make the switch" for a little while (Surge, Buzzz, Challenger) and see what happens. And well, I haven't come back and its even got worse(better:))... The last time I put an Innova driver in my hand, it just didn't feel right. And I think Discrafts plastics are WAY more consistent. I've seen extreme inconsistency with Innova's Champion and Star plastics. The feel and the durability arent all the same from disc to disc in my opinion..

If it wasn't for the Katana, Teebird, Valkyrie, Monarch, Cobra, and Sidewinder I could get by on Discraft. I'm sure there are parallels in the Discraft world, but seems expensive and time consuming to find the right disc, then tune it just right for my bag. I do love my Buzzzes and Challengers though.

I started out all innova, but I am slowly trying out other brands, I love the Discraft Surge, and Avenger SS. I have recently order a Discmania Gremlin GM. The Gateway Diablo Gt is great for distance.

Only Innova I carry anymore is a Roc. Though I'm going to check out the Comet, to see if it can supplement the turnover abilities that a Roc has, which is missing from my Buzzz. If I can control the Comet, I'll be all Discraft and Gateway...and DiscMania...can't go without the PD.

Latest posts