• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My bag

Right now I'm using

Ls polaris-millenium non quantum plastic-around 170g
valkyrie-dx-around 160/165g
Stingray-dx-150g
Eagle-dx-170g
And a elite z talon I've got no clue on the weight bought it used and it didn't say.

I throw around 300 consistently, haven't scored any of the courses I've played but guessing I would say par for holes under 300 and 1/2 over on the 350/400 holes. The discs ate pretty beat up except for the talon it's got a few dings from where its hit a few trees but nothing to bad. I've also got a champion beast 174g brand new. I've been thinking about switching the talon for the beast but wanted to get some insight before I did.

Right now I'm using

Ls polaris-millenium non quantum plastic-around 170g
valkyrie-dx-around 160/165g
Stingray-dx-150g
Eagle-dx-170g
And a elite z talon I've got no clue on the weight bought it used and it didn't say.

Personally, it sounds like you're throwing pretty well for someone who hasn't been playing for that long. If your discs are getting beat up, I would start by upgrading to a higher quality plastic.
It also looks like your weights are all over the place. I like to pick a weight and get all of my discs in that range. For me, that range is 165-170.

Now, let me ask you a question, is there a specific shot you feel that you need a new disc for or a particular hole or type of hole that's giving you problems?

Yeah, shots where I have to anhyzer to stay on the fairway. I don't have a good anhyzer shot yet and was looking for one. And a putter. Any sugestions for either one?

I' d like to reiterate that if it's a long annhyzer you're looking for, then the Stingray is the disc to use. If yours is beat up, I would replace it with one in star plastic.

Another option would be to think about developing a forehand shot. Most people prefer a pretty overstable disc for FH. Personally, I am a big fan of discraft's reaper, but I believe that is out of production. innova Banshee or Millenium QJL/S are other good FH discs IMO.

Ls polaris-millenium 170g
valkyrie-dx 160/165g
Stingray-dx-150g
Eagle-dx-170g
elite z talon

main issue is no stable mid range. go pick yourself up a Roc, Shark, Buzzz, etc etc. you will want it over 170g but not necessarily max weight. stick with base plastic as well.
you mention you need a putter. where do you live? im sure there is someone on DGCR who lives nearby whose got all sorts of putters for you to try. its 95% personal preference and 5% flight characteristics. also i suggest a putter in the 170-175g range over a lightweight.
i would keep the beast to the side as well as the talon (no point in using the Talon cause its discontinued). you may actually want to go very basic to really improve.

intial bag:
Eagle - main D driver. if yours is to beat up go replace it.
Polaris LS - Fairway driver. will also serve for anhyzer shots. keep the beat up one.
Stingray - understable mid. beat up is good...sometimes
Stable Mid of Your Choice
Putter of Your Choice

i would bring the Valkyrie or Beast back in when you feel that you can dominate with this bag.

main issue is no stable mid range. go pick yourself up a Roc, Shark, Buzzz, etc etc. you will want it over 170g but not necessarily max weight. stick with base plastic as well.
you mention you need a putter. where do you live? im sure there is someone on DGCR who lives nearby whose got all sorts of putters for you to try. its 95% personal preference and 5% flight characteristics. also i suggest a putter in the 170-175g range over a lightweight.
i would keep the beast to the side as well as the talon (no point in using the Talon cause its discontinued). you may actually want to go very basic to really improve.

intial bag:
Polaris LS - Fairway driver. will also serve for anhyzer shots. keep the beat up one.
Putter of Your Choice

i would bring the Valkyrie or Beast back in when you feel that you can dominate with this bag.

Out of curiousity, why would you suggest he get a Buzzz over 170? If he prefers to throw discs in the 160's, he should stick to his comfortable weight.

Personally, I prefer my Buzzz to be in line with the rest of my discs, which is 165-170. My current Buzzz is 167/168 and I love it.

Don't buy the "max weight" and "heavy disc" info most people will probably try to sell you.

I agree though, buy a Buzzz.
So there you go, you need to upgrade all of your discs in premium plastic, buy a Buzzz (Z-Buzzz)...and you asked about putters?
Get a Vibram...best, most durable putters out there by a long shot...IMO.

intial bag:
Putter of Your Choice

Oh man, I just noticed you were from Crystal Lake!!! HAHA, the craziest girl I ever slept with was from Crystal Lake...it was when I audited the big grease factory in town....what's the name of that place???

Out of curiousity, why would you suggest he get a Buzzz over 170? If he prefers to throw discs in the 160's, he should stick to his comfortable weight.

because 170+ holds lines better in a greater range of conditions. and as they beat in (advantage of base plastic) they become more like the lighter weights in flight characteristics. a stable mid range will quickly become a 'Go-To' disc in anyones bag. consistency is important! i am a fan of the lightweights btw. but as compliments not mains.

So there you go, you need to upgrade all of your discs in premium plastic, buy a Buzzz (Z-Buzzz)...and you asked about putters?
Get a Vibram...best, most durable putters out there by a long shot...IMO.

I completely disagree with buying all premium plastic. especially in mid range and putter areas. D/DX or Pro/X and nothing more. premium putters do not stick as well and are more prone to 'bounce outs.' looking at his bag i can almost guarantee that he goes with a Roc. in which case DX is the best with KC Pro a very close second...imo
drivers on the other hand id go with a champ Eagle over star...but thats cause i like the eagles initial flight not its beat in flight.

Oh man, I just noticed you were from Crystal Lake!!! HAHA, the craziest girl I ever slept with was from Crystal Lake...it was when I audited the big grease factory in town....what's the name of that place???
Cant think of it <shrug>

because 170+ holds lines better in a greater range of conditions. and as they beat in (advantage of base plastic) they become more like the lighter weights in flight characteristics. a stable mid range will quickly become a 'Go-To' disc in anyones bag. consistency is important! i am a fan of the lightweights btw. but as compliments not mains.

I completely disagree with buying all premium plastic. especially in mid range and putter areas. D/DX or Pro/X and nothing more. premium putters do not stick as well and are more prone to 'bounce outs.' looking at his bag i can almost guarantee that he goes with a Roc. in which case DX is the best with KC Pro a very close second...imo
drivers on the other hand id go with a champ Eagle over star...but thats cause i like the eagles initial flight not its beat in flight.

Cant think of it <shrug>

I've got to respectfully and completely disagree with your assertion that discs over 170 "hold better lines." Discs thrown well hold better lines and sometimes lighter discs reveal your flaws easier.

Also, your assessment on premium plastics is way off base, but I'm assuming that you've just never thrown a Vibram putter. Nothing sticks better than their plastic, although some levels of SS or even SSS from Gateway stick really well also.

Chemtool!!!
That's my old client!!!!!!!
Decent business but run by morons:)