• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My teebird is broken?

Apathy

Par Member
Bought a teebird for hyzer approach shots and gentle turnovers. Unfortunately my teebird makes a sidewinder look like a firebird. even hyzer flipping this disc ends up with a turnover shot.

I want a disc I can release with anhyzer and have it hold the line and/or maybe fade out a little at the end. Is teebird not the answer for this? Should I move on to an avenger?

I'd be interested to see a few pics of the disc if possible. A new Teebird shouldn't even approach Sidewinder understable. Does it have a mega huge dome?

are you throwing it with alot of OAT? Also are you sure you didn't get a factory second misstamped disc?

621-004-FAB7FBC9.gif

Frank Delicious said:
are you throwing it with alot of OAT? Also are you sure you didn't get a factory second misstamped disc?

I am giving it a little OAT for sweeping anhyzers and it's wanting to almost roll it turns so hard. It could be a form issue, but I don't have an issue throwing this shot with buzzes or wizards. Just when I want this gentle turnover on a 350' hole I can't reach it with a mid/putter. Thought the teebird was the answer for this. I can hit it with a predator, but it flexes out more than I would like.

Apathy said:
Thought the teebird was the answer for this.
My experience is that the shot you're describing is one of the shots the Teebird is the worst at. They like to either stay flat or turn hard. Gentle turns are difficult to get.

garublador said:
Apathy said:
My experience is that the shot you're describing is one of the shots the Teebird is the worst at. They like to either stay flat or turn hard. Gentle turns are difficult to get.

Could you recommend a better option? Eagle maybe?

keltik said:
zj1002 said:
Get a QJLS

Wouldnt a JLS be too understable? It would seem that I would want something that would fight the turn more than a teebird, as the prob with the teebird is it won't take an anhyzer release. Isn't the JLS going to take it even worse?

I dunno, just seems odd...

Apathy said:
garublador said:
Apathy said:

Could you recommend a better option? Eagle maybe?
Eagle-L would be a good one to try.

QJLS can handle every angle. It is much more versatile than the TB. Flips, annys, hyzers...the QJLS does it. It sounds like what you want. Eagle-l might be too touchy if you can't contr the TB

the current QPLS is more like a mini eagle/banshee. It will flip up and finish left. It doesn't hold an anhyzer until you beat the snot out of it.

The current QJLS(not the misprint) is the proper QJLS mold. It molded up really well and is super straight

Throwing teebirds on annies is a sensitive thing to do. It can be done with good form and the proper height, but there are discs that do it much better. Also, when teebirds are forced to turn over they hold it and the LSS does not always kick in before they hit the ground. So, they need some height to achieve the anhyzer shot.

Teebirds are great for their abnormal amounts of HSS and lower LSS at the end (nice straight flight), but this is what makes them not so great for high powered anhyzer shots.

I prefer teebirds for straight shots and long hyzers. For the anhyzers, I would use a beat EX, EL, Leo, XL, or JLS.

So, it is not broken.

Latest posts