• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My very first ace!!

You can call it Sally for all I care...it's still the same game.

OP, don't let these a-holes get you down. Congrats on the ace. I don't care what you sign. I never have to play there. :D There is a better way of letting the world know about your ace. We have a member here who claims to resurrect a burning cross in the fairway at all of his ace sites. Just go with that from now on. :thmbup:

Congrats on the ace! Excitement is totally OK, respect for property is a good idea too. Let there be many more.

Oh and by the way, those tumbers will do the trick every time ;)

re: 1st Ace

Ok well, to try and back myself up, I have been only playing for two months and no one has told me not to sign the baskets, sorry. All around the area where I live there are signed baskets every where so I did not know it was frowned upon, sorry.

yeah c'mon, man. give the kid a break! i mean, when i got my first ace back in '91 (which btw, took me nearly 2 yrs from time i started playing til i got one finally), i was so happy, i wanted to tear off my clothes and run down the fairway naked screaming to the top of my lungs.

hole #16 at redan park in GA.

(sigh) but i didn't. however, i did shout a giant 'woo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!' and fortunately had one witness, but even if i didn't - hell, why would anybody lie about an ace?!!?

that's great, kid! :thmbup: i mean, signing your name on the top of a basket ain't no big thing, especially if others have done it too. at least you're not littering on the course, or spray graffiti-ing the tee signs - that's much worse!

way to go with the ace!! who cares about marking the hole, it will wear off.. "frolf" is totally worse!! an insult to the english language.. haha..

Be nice guys, it's pretty obvious that a kid who hasn't figured out that a thumber probably isn't the best choice for a 200' hole with an open fairway probably also doesn't know that only douchebags feel the need to sign the basket when they ace said 200' hole with a thumber.

Edit: btw, nice 200' ace with a thumber.

Congrats on the ace. Just clean off all that graffiti next time you are at the course.

Be nice guys, it's pretty obvious that a kid who hasn't figured out that a thumber probably isn't the best choice for a 200' hole with an open fairway probably also doesn't know that only douchebags feel the need to sign the basket when they ace said 200' hole with a thumber.

Edit: btw, nice 200' ace with a thumber.

Ummmmm... Thanks?

I just had my first ace too!
It actually happened May 29th on Hole 2 at evangola state park using Avenger SS FLX.

Oh, what a felling!!!!!!!!! :)

Dude its your first ace be excited! I'm still going for my first. Dont let these kill joys get to you! Congrats and keep 'em coming!

^ I have to agree

Your first ace is awesome! I think the signing the basket thing is extremely regional. In NC, it seems like it's a big NO. But, I've heard of places where its commonground. Congrats on the ACE! Also, a thumber in the wide open and short can be a very valuable tool. Don't listen to everybody and play to your strengths!

Genocide, rape and murder are common in some regions. Doesn't make them a good idea, or right. But I think he now knows better, and will probably think about defacing someone else's property before he does it again. Small infraction, but lesson learned.

There are a few holes around 200' that I have thrown thumbers on. If it works, throw it. And obviously it worked for him so he made the right call.

Latest posts