• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name the hardest and easiest course you have played

Easiest: about 100 different school 9's
Hardest: Probably a tie between NoBo in Pittsburgh and Highbridge Bear.

Honorable mention to Arapahoe Basin at about 11k feet. Not difficult frolf, but it damn near killed me.

My hardest just changed as of last week, its now Lake Marshall The Lions Course in Montross Virginia.

Easiest still Deep Creek Elementary in Chesapeake Virginia.

Anyone played Northwoods Black yet (hopefully not last night though)?

Cons:
5-6 hour rounds and thunderstorms make the brutal rough that much harder to endure. Unless you're rating is 1030 or better, you'll never know what par for the course looks like.

It would be pretty enlightening/funny if this guy actually posted about Northwood Black in this thread.

Never seen him get so frustrated during a round. Not that I wish him ill will, but it was almost refreshing to see him looking like someone put a chunk of kryptonite in his bag.

Last edited:

I played it from shorts on Sunday for MA40 division. Even from shorts it's the hardest course I've ever played. I had a earlier tee time because of a horrible second round and we finished in a little over 5.5 hours. We heard thunder a few times the last few holes.

I've never thrown so many 20-30 foot putt/pitch outs in my life.

I played it from shorts on Sunday for MA40 division. Even from shorts it's the hardest course I've ever played. I had a earlier tee time because of a horrible second round and we finished in a little over 5.5 hours. We heard thunder a few times the last few holes.

I've never thrown so many 20-30 foot putt/pitch outs in my life.

Thanks. I want to play it badly, but I'm sure I'll have the same complaint when I'm done.

Easiest is a Par 2 Course in a single square block park in the town of Malcolm, IA (about 1 mile off I-80). Still a fun course, came close on a couple of aces here.

Hardest is Wildcat Bluff south of Urbana, IA. 21 holes of awesomeness, but it can be brutal. Especially a couple of the longer pin locations and the elevation. Between the "stairway to 11" and its valley to throw over and the large arch of a fallen tree in the valley of #20, I try to get back when I can.