• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a long straight fairway.

Best long straight fairway

• Gazelle

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Cyclone

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • TL

Votes: 45 38.1%
  • FD

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • JLS

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other

Votes: 42 35.6%

• Total voters
The answer is a Teebird. They fly perfectly straight. I don't know why people still debate this question. You can't get straighter than straight.

A Champion teebird is slightly overstable, where a TL would fly straighter.

I use a Jackal, but voted TL

I have two TLs, 3 S-FD's, 3 Rivers, a couple Stalkers and a pile of TB's that I like to rip into a field before my weekend rounds. My Star TL is my disc-in-bag for this slot, but it takes a little hyzer flip. My Champ TL+ is great off a flat release, and has a bit more glide. As far as I can tell, the only difference between the TL and FD is that the FD is a little domier. I like the handfeel of the TL better, the way my thumb sits on the plate is more comfortable. With the FD I'm always denting the top trying to get a comfortable grip.

Um, a DX Teebird for mold minimalism's sake.

I recently needed the same thing (straight and low disc with minimal fade for woods shots) as I had put my X Avenger beyond the optimal "beat in" point. I turn my Buzz over if I whip it too hard. So I went out and got a ESP XL. So far it's perfect. The ESP's are a bit more overstable than the other plastics but not too overstable. You can't go wrong with an XL!

I've never had my Leo fly dead straight. It's the most understable disc in my bag. I throw a beat 167 Champ Leo though, so maybe if you throw one that's newer or heavier?

If you are already throwing a Teebird then stick with what you are comfortable with and throw either a TL or a seasoned TB... I carry 3 TLs in my bag FWIW...

I don't think a gazelle or cyclone will do it for you. They s-curve quite a bit. I know a lot of people like the TL, but I've never gotten much distance out of one for some reason. Leopards and teebirds seem to glide better. I'd say a heavy champ or pro leopard or a lighter teebird.

My 150 teebird holds any line I put on it, but the 175 is almost a meathook. There should be a weight in there that works for you.

I find the champ and pro leopards to be more stable than the dx. The pro leopard starts out with a little fade and turns into a dead straight flyer for a long time. The champ is actually a little overstable.

Last edited: