• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a new bag.

primal dg

Eagle Member
I'm wanting to get a new bag. I have an innova starter bag. I just can't hold all the discs I need. Not to mention other things such as keys wallet water etc. I've looked at innova competition and and discarrier. But I have no clue because I have seen them personally. I don't like backpacks and don't want to make modifications. I don't really playbto many tournament but some weekends or summer days I play 5 or 6 rounds.

You can order them on-line.
Shop around for best price/shipping.
You will also want to invest in a nice set of shoulder straps.
Trust me...

Fade Tourney.
/end thread

Good for the casual player. Not so good for the serious tournament player.

2 rounds of Flyboy last Saturday and my back was in a knot. 4 rounds of the IDGC this past weekend with a GRIP in the rain and my back felt great.

I really like my DD Commander, just picked it up and so far very happy. I may upgrade from thier straps, but they were good value with the bag. The bag it self has tons of space and feels really well made. Time will tell how it holds up but so far I love it!

Perfect. Any stores in particular sell these or order them online?

Check the usual DGCR advertisers (e.g. Marshall Street, Disc Nation, DiscGolfCenter...) to see who has the best deal (including shipping) in the bag/color you want. Sometimes the various stores run certain deals, so it's never a guarantee who's the best deal on any given day.

FYI - you might want to include an extra $35 or so for a set of quad straps in your shopping (I recommend Phenix Quadshox). The Fade Tourney comes with a single strap, but it's no fun carrying 15-20 discs and other stuff slung over a single shoulder for a round or two. :(

Good for the casual player. Not so good for the serious tournament player.

2 rounds of Flyboy last Saturday and my back was in a knot. 4 rounds of the IDGC this past weekend with a GRIP in the rain and my back felt great.
I don't disagree, but that's a "conventional bag w/quad straps v. back pack issue." Almost every backpack soloution is quite a bit pricier. Love my Cabela's bag - but that's no longer available.

Last edited:
I can't spend 200 dollars on a grip. I need something for around 50. I can probably include the straps if I wait a week or so

Innova competition, slightly smaller than a fade tourney but can still hold a lot of discs. Figured that might be more of what you are looking for since you don't do tournaments

Fade Tourney.
/end thread

You can order them on-line.
Shop around for best price/shipping.
You will also want to invest in a nice set of shoulder straps.
Trust me...

You don't "have" to get the Phenix quad-straps (they are very nice), but you can find others cheaper.
I personally use Lat64 straps. They were cheap (not cheaply made) and were more comfortable than the Innova straps.

*Edit*
This is my personal opinion, others will have good choices as well.

Yeah Jason, not everyone has the ability to carry 50 discs :p ;)

Pssh, I only carry 24 in the FADE tourney I'm using currently :p

... although I do carry like 5 max weight Rocs plus a max weight Condor, so I guess that increases the weight slightly.