• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need help deciding on new driver(s)

VDragich44

Got an Amazon gift card and looking to get a new driver/ fairway driver. As of now I have these drivers:
Champ Valk, R-Pro Wahoo, Champ Wraith, Champ Monarch, Champ TeeBird, Champ Boss (really can't throw this) and Star XCaliber. I just lost my favorite Champ Mamba and Elite X Nuke and I want to know what others recommend I get. Right now I can throw roughly 275-300 ft. Right now I'm thinking Millenium JLS or Innova Gazelle but I'm curious what others think and good drivers for a intermediate-ish kind of player like myself.

You can throw 275-300 with what discs? If its the valkyrie or any of the faster stuff, you dont really need the faster stuff. Please dont take offense to this, but if you're throwing a wraith 275, its doing you more harm than good. I dont mean that as a bash at all. It would benefit you to try discing down. I did this for a solid year and it help immensely. Pick up another TB, Leopard, Patriot, Rival, TL, River... anything in fairway slot and work with those.

I do think that is a good idea, I clearly struggle with my wraith but the occasional really good drive keep me throwing it. I think a new fairway driver would be very helpful for me

Throwing slower speed discs will only help you. This year I'm really focusing on this and carry no discs above speed 9. I'd second a Legacy Patriot or if you want to stay with Inoova, the Leopard is great. Cheetah's are good too, a bit underrated I'd say but good flyers.