• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

need input on new bag

pheonixsoul25

ok guys im looking to upgrade my starter bag to something better, ive got it narrowed down to either a grip or a prodiscus. i love the grip a few friends i play with have it, the prodiscus i haven't seen or touched yet. what do you guys think about either bag??

If you carry more than 19 discs total. The Prodiscus will fit the bill. On the other hand, I would try to reduce my disc count to under 19 and get the Grip, before I'd get the Prodiscus.
I have both and the design on both are well thought out, but the material used in the Prodiscus are not top quality. I've already had a zipper break on the Prodiscus (easy fix though). I would say a good rule when buying a bag. Is that it should be made with Cordura and have thick gauge zippers.
If you do carry more than 19 discs and don't want to reduce that #. You might want to check out the Golf Mahal.
I played my final round with the Prodiscus bag today and I realized why I dig my Mahal. For ME, I love the fact all my discs are easy to get to. No flap or opening to small to were I have to contort my discs to get them out and it has a bit more storage than the Grip. Finally, the materials used it this bag are GREAT!
So I would say get the Grip over the Prodiscus, but look into the Mahal if you carry 19+ discs. Don't waist your money on the Prodiscus, because I don't see this bag lasting longer than a few years.

great feed back guys thanks ! im leaning towards the grip, just want to make sure its gonna be durable and as far as disc space it will hold everthing my current bag will carry and ill trying to limit those discs as it is.

Maybe it's just me, but I tried the backpack thing and did not like it. I guess I like being able to look down as I walk to my next shot and start looking at my discs and planing ahead. Hated having to plop it down every time I needed to return a disc and get a putter. Just did not work for me and am now happy with an Innova Deluxe.

I recently bought a prodiscus bag and have been a Grip owner for the last 1.5 years. THey're both good bags. I haven't had the issues that Rescue mentioned, but I haven't had my Prodiscus very long. I think the Grip is a better made bag, but maybe not massively so (namely in the quality of the stiff materials that support the frame and the rails on the bottom). My biggest complaint with the Prodiscus is its shear size. I'm not a small guy (6'0'' 200) but it still feels enormous. The straps are really wide, its more bulky, and it doesn't ride as well as the Grip.

I will also say that I had to make a recent warranty claim with Grip and it was as easy as I could possibly imagine. A++++ for customer service. I imagine making a warranty claim with Prodiscus would be much more difficult simply given the logistics of their location.

I have Grip-Eq and I have Chally on the way. I normally use Grip/Chally for tournaments where I need bit more discs and stoarge. However I would love to have more lightweight/compact backpack bag for practice and fun rounds. Anyone here tried The Shift from Upper Park Designs? 10 to 15 disc capacity is ideal for me for quickie rounds. I am sure the comfy range would be 12-13 discs (like 18 discs is pretty max for me in my Grip comfy-wise). http://upperparkdesigns.com/

I have Grip-Eq and I have Chally on the way. I normally use Grip/Chally for tournaments where I need bit more discs and stoarge. However I would love to have more lightweight/compact backpack bag for practice and fun rounds. Anyone here tried The Shift from Upper Park Designs? 10 to 15 disc capacity is ideal for me for quickie rounds. I am sure the comfy range would be 12-13 discs (like 18 discs is pretty max for me in my Grip comfy-wise). http://upperparkdesigns.com/

I haven't tried it, but I really like the design. If I was in the market for a smaller bag that seems like a good option.

Latest posts