• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New 2013 Minnesota Winter Thread - MSP Minneapolis St. Paul MN Tips Courses Discs

I haven't played Slacker yet in winter but it I think they may play some holes like 2, 8 & 14 from the short tees.

I know they play a few short tees for moondog, but still lots of blind shots at North Valley. Not the best winter course IMO.

The Valley does not have a lot of blind holes in the design. However, I agree there are places where it's hard to see some of your "less good" drives land. For example, holes 6 thru 10 are pretty open and it's hard to lose your drive when there's no snow on the ground. But you might not see where some drives dive into the snow this time of year.

I was actually going to ask if anybody was interested in a sort of boy scouts type "course sponsor" group where we all agree to pick a course or two that we regularly play and maintain the tees when we go out. After bringing a shovel and broom to several courses this winter I have fallen out of love with the idea of shoveling every course I go to. I always bring one just in case but kaposia is the only course where I haven't had to shovel every single time. Just a thought. The leagues haven't been taking care of the tees like people think they are on this side of town with the exception of kaposia.

*edit* of course it is nobody's duty or responsibility-just saying counting on other people isn't how it gets done. Maybe in years past it wasn't an issue, I dunno.

Last edited:
I was actually going to ask if anybody was interested in a sort of boy scouts type "course sponsor" group where we all agree to pick a course or two that we regularly play and maintain the tees when we go out.

Heck yeah! :hfive:

I always bring my shovel, and the group I traditionally play with make up a "skins" type of round where the highest score on the hole, shovels the next teepad. All in all, after 18 holes, it always seems to work out that no one guy has shoveled more than their fair share. We do a double flip on teepad 1; first flip to determine order, 2nd flip for who is first to shovel.

We typically hit up Central (damn, those pads are huge now though! :p), Plymouth, Acorn, Lakewood to keep things tidy.

Latest posts