• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

Anyone like these? How do they compare to a champion rancho roc? Are they more stable than the md2? Glo more stable than the c line? If anyone has one available, please pm me. Thanks!

Anyone like these? How do they compare to a champion rancho roc? Are they more stable than the md2? Glo more stable than the c line? If anyone has one available, please pm me. Thanks!

Dig through the thread, Nick, the answers are there. But to answer your questions...1) Less HSS 2) Yes 3) Yes

I think my flat, opaque MD2s are more HSS than the new 3. To be honest, it just feels like a taller, slower, C-MD2 with some high speed turn.

So I'm confused. In Simon lizotte's in the bag he says his MD3 is "very overstable" and I think he says the MD2 is understable. But people here seem to say they are the same. I've never thrown these, just curious

Lizotte must have some "special" MD3s. My CFR glows definitely fit the bill. Think Shark3 flight. But the regular C-MD3 run fly just the same as the new pearly MD2s. Lizotte seemed to have an older run of MD2s. Gummy opaque MD2s (older run) are stable, but not as much as the new ones.

So its fair to say the c-md3 is similar to a roc3 or prodigy m2?

Felt one in the store and it seemed pretty nice, just didnt feel like buying it without knowing a little more about it.

should have more hss than the roc3 although some have said there's didnt. i know mcbeth said in his thread or somewhere that he was trying one out and it was between his roc3 and gator.

I threw this and md2 (both new c-lines) once on a field, and they landed in less than one meter apart from each other.

Does anyone have a profile comparison of a md2 and an md3 side by side?

I took my new pearly C MD2 to my local shop today and compared it to some C MD3's. As others have said, there isn't much of a difference. If anything, MD3's could be a hair taller and deeper, but that's it. And I'm talking verrrry minor differences.

I thought I would check it out because I love my old beat C MD2 and I keep reading mixed reviews on he MD3's. Some have said they are entirely different in flight...some say they are the same. Maybe time will tell which runs or variations are more overstable. Of course, the obvious is that the glows are closer to their flight ratings.

On another note...

My new stiff/pearly C MD2 is pretty susceptible to OAT, but my old opaque/gummy/flat C MD2 isn't. I don't have horrible form, but there are times when my new C MD2 turns over way too far. Does anyone know if the C MD3's are less susceptible to OAT?

IMAG0187_BURST002.jpgIMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg
Here is my MD2's compared to my MD3.
I was hoping the MD3 would be more overstable than my MD2s, but they fly the same. In fact this MD3 flys the same as my green one that has had a season worth of use. A bit disappointed with the MD3.

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg
I was really thinking I had a mislabeled MD3 until l was looking at the tooling on the bottom. MD2 tooling is located closer to the center of the disk. So they are made from different molds.

So disappointing.

Where the heck are these "good" MD3's that the pro's are throwing as their OS mids??? Certainly they aren't all throwing glow MD3's.