• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

Lizotte has a Team Discmania stamped non glow MD3. Rovere has a what looks to be a glow with a small Team Innova Air Force stamp.

Email Jussi, he's always answered my questions.

yea that solves it, those guys have all the good ones. this is why i love discmania, jussi doesn't bs anybody he tells you exactly what the deal is.

yea that solves it, those guys have all the good ones. this is why i love discmania, jussi doesn't bs anybody he tells you exactly what the deal is.

I agree with this. Mistakes happen, and that's fine. Just tell me that they happened and we can move on.

Thanks for clearing this up. I will just keep my eyes open for the next release of MD3's.

I'm going to do the same. I'm glad Jussi is straight forward.

Can anyone say if the current run of C MD3's are touchy with OAT? My new run pearly C MD2 is slightly stiffer than the Jolly Launcher used with C MD3's, and it's really touchy for me. I'm hoping the relatively softer C MD3's would alleviate that.

I ask because my old gummy C MD2 handles a little bit of OAT just fine.

No, the current MD2s are stable and fairly torque resistant. I have roughly 10 or so opaque C-MD2s and I think 8 of the current launcher plastic. I think the production run C-MD3s are less so than the C-MD2s. I know that buying from HeroDiscUSA can be pricey, but I have to say that I love my glow MD3s. They fly great and are up there with my Kenny glows in terms of stability.

No, the current MD2s are stable and fairly torque resistant. I have roughly 10 or so opaque C-MD2s and I think 8 of the current launcher plastic. I think the production run C-MD3s are less so than the C-MD2s. I know that buying from HeroDiscUSA can be pricey, but I have to say that I love my glow MD3s. They fly great and are up there with my Kenny glows in terms of stability.

Do your current C MD2s have a tiny bit of dome? Mine isn't Jolly Launcher...have yet to see any of those, I've only heard of them.

Do your current C MD2s have a tiny bit of dome? Mine isn't Jolly Launcher...have yet to see any of those, I've only heard of them.

I wouldn't say there is dome. The shoulder is a smidge tall, but for the most part the flight plate is flat...if that makes sense. New13 should be able to explain it, he loves MD2s like I do.

The Jolly Launchers are a bit taller than the old opaque gummier runs that are sought after, that might have bit to do with the harder plastic. The new ones are still pretty flat though, certainly not as domey as the old ones that were coming out really domey. I think the new runs have a bit more low speed fade and drop than the old opaques brand new but it beats out to a smoother finish and keeps it's high speed stability.

I haven't seen any of the pearly ones that have been mentioned so I can't give any info on those. I retired my oldest opaque about 3 months ago and put a new jolly launcher in the bag. They're still the awesome wind fighter that made me fall in love with the disc, it goes well with my makos that don't do well in the wind at all.

So, if I want a stable-to-overstable flight that handles wind, is it worth hitting up the MD3, or should I go something like the MD2 or Roc3?

So, if I want a stable-to-overstable flight that handles wind, is it worth hitting up the MD3, or should I go something like the MD2 or Roc3?

By the numbers, the MD3 is what you are looking for. However, they didn't come out as expected and are less HSS and LSS than the numbers suggest. The only ones that came out as expected were the Glows.

If it makes a difference, there's a good chance that the MD3 will have a second run at production and should fly as advertised. This isn't speculation.

And for what it's worth, I don't think the Roc3 handles wind very well, MD2s handle wind very well...but you gotta find the right ones.

Well, against my better judgment I went and bought one of these. I've been on a big Discmania kick of late, and I wanted to check out all the fuss with the Jolly Launcher plastic, so this seemed like a good fit. Mine is 175 grams and neon yellow/green.

Just took it out for a little bit of field work, and here is my first impression: If this thing has a 3 fade number, then I'm Ryan Gosling.

Like others have stated, the MD3 is nowhere near as overstable as advertised.

That said, it's still a pretty nice disc.

This first session with it found it flying similar to my Warship, but with more HSS. Thrown flat, it holds a nice straight line with a baby fade, and really needs a lot of height to even fade to the point where my Pain would. It can hyzer flip to a straight lazer, or hold the hyzer all the way to the ground depending on the angle of release.

Most impressively, I got it to hold an anny all the way to the ground with relative ease. The neutrality of this disc is surprising, and definitely not what I bought it for. That said, if it ends up being able to do this and still stand up to a headwind, it'll make the bag. We shall see.

I know it has been said before. The cfr glow for the European open are overstable and fly the way they are supposed to. I've only thrown the glow and they are plenty beefy. I also throw the jolly launcher md2 and these are noticeably more overstable

I know it has been said before. The cfr glow for the European open are overstable and fly the way they are supposed to. I've only thrown the glow and they are plenty beefy. I also throw the jolly launcher md2 and these are noticeably more overstable

Yup. Jussi said to look out for some newer, "more stable" :) MD3s in the future.

That cfr glow MD3 is such a nice disc. Approaches from any position either forehand or backhand seem to always find the pin. I may need to get another just in case... JL MD3 and "flat" MD2 (really a very slight dome, but I kind of dislike that they were advertised as a flat run. I guess the point was that they were non-domey like some unpopular MD2s but calling them non-domey would have been cool, calling them outright flat is another thing...) are standing by for spring, havent been able to truly see what they can do.

I have been getting in some practice throws on a soccer field with my new C-Line MD3. This doesn't fly anything like the numbers suggest for me, and doesn't match up with the website description. For me it's a slightly understable disc like a Core, Fugitive, or Alias. Not overstable at all and does not like any kind of a headwind. The MD2 is a little straighter and more reliable for me. Even when thrown on a hyzer the MD3 wants to flip up and turn. I'm surprised that Discmania hasn't done more midranges or tinkered with more runs of the lineup because there's not much there right now.

As an MD2 connesuer of sorts I'll just tag on that the non-CFR first run (all I've thrown of C-MD2s) were Roc-ish in stability whereas the S-Line were like a cross of a Roc and a Coyote-if powered up on they had a straight flight with a more attenuated LSS at the end. They fly more edgy than the C-MD2.

I know this is an MD3 thread, but I imagine the first run C-MD2s in all colors other than pink are probably similar to what the MD3 is supposed to me.

(The pink ones were more like an S-Line).

A proto KC Pro MD3 surfaced on facebook! Excited to pick up a couple and cycle them through the bag.

Latest posts