• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Server - Coming Soon!

thanks tim!
please sell old server to the pdga... on the other hand, forget it, they wouldn't know what to do with it anyway...

Thanks for having us tim, the internet would not be the same without dgcr. This is thread that finally kicked me in the ass and I now know that i must become a premium member.

And here I thought that would have been the Pay it Forward thread :D

Thanks for the scheduled vacation time Tim ;)

So, you getting time off with 100% of your pay? :p

I didn't read all the pages but if you have cached DNS you will take longer to get the new IP to DNS translation..

so
go to a command prompt
and type "ipconfig /flushdns" sans quotes
before doing this you can ping dgcoursereview.com and you should get this response:

Pinging dgcoursereview.com [69.93.86.131] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 69.93.86.131: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=53
Reply from 69.93.86.131: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=53
Reply from 69.93.86.131: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=53
Reply from 69.93.86.131: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=53

after the you run the flushdns command you should see a different IP address...that is if your DNS server has updated...

but basically, IP changes typically propagate in under an hour so you should be OK...

well, that is if Timg has a low TTL on the A record... Hey, Timg change your TTL to 1/2 hour or something low like that prior to doing all this so the DNS servers out there will update sooner

ZAMson recommended the same thing, I plan to change the TTL a day or so in advance to something low.

why wait? The TTL doesn't change anything on your end or performance or anything like that.. It just tells DNS servers how long the record is good for.. so a DNS server told that an A record is good for a week will not check the record again for a whole week. If the DNS records for dgcoursereview.com are set that high then best to change them now to a 1/2 hour. You can change them again after the new site is up. At that point, I'd suggest at most a day... you never know if you'll have a crash or something and have to restore the site elsewhere...

Since this isn't free for Tim, I hope more dgcr fans will consider a Premium Membership. DGCR is worth every penny of the $25, IMHO.

Not sure if this is related but...

Since weds 12/7 I cannot access the site from my cell phone anymore. When I try any dgcr address, I get a prompt on my phone that says, "There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later." All other websites are working fine but I still get the same message when I try to get on here via my phone. I don't know what's f-ed up. My phone? Only a month old. Any suggestions?

thanks
donnyv

Update:

I've been working on it all day and the new server is configured and humming along. I have a little more tweaking to do but I've moved some test sites over without a problem. Some resolved instantly, others haven't yet despite having pretty much the same setup. I'm waiting to see how long it takes those stragglers to resolve before I plan a DGCR move.

Chances are I'll probably move this site over the weekend assuming the problematic sites I just mentioned resolve and aren't broken in some way.

Sweet! one less distraction for me while I finish up all my final assignments! Thanks again, Timg.

Update:

I've been working on it all day and the new server is configured and humming along. I have a little more tweaking to do but I've moved some test sites over without a problem. Some resolved instantly, others haven't yet despite having pretty much the same setup. I'm waiting to see how long it takes those stragglers to resolve before I plan a DGCR move.

Chances are I'll probably move this site over the weekend assuming the problematic sites I just mentioned resolve and aren't broken in some way.

Thanks! Just an idea, you may need to tell people that are posting/bidding auctions to be aware of this in case of any disruptions. Im sure if something did happen then some drama would go down as usual. Lol. (I don't have anything currently in auction, just a suggestion.)

Thanks Again!:hfive:

Update:

Awesome Tim!! Thanks for all the hard work you do!!