• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Night Time DG?

Great courses during the day are great courses at night generally, and a simple course is a simple course. I can't imagine why there would need to be a separate rating for night play.

Great courses during the day are great courses at night generally, and a simple course is a simple course. I can't imagine why there would need to be a separate rating for night play.

Yeah, after second thought, I agree. Maybe its just worth mentioning in reviews that a particular course has baskets that are lit at night. Its nice to have tee pads with solar panel lights surrounding them.

the last glow round i started feeling kinda sick
it was foggy making everything blurry
and a couple people on my card keep using white (reg.) flashlights
and they also had those very bright white light, night ize lights for their discs (the kind that go through a hole in the middle)
i think i am like a bug and kept looking at the white light

i am hoping these bright lights going off and on was what was bothering me
i am going to try harder tonight to discourage white light, and work at not looking at the bright light

has anyone else experienced this?
or was i just having a bad night?

TCP does a glow doubles league, it is a ton of fun. I use both glow discs and led's, the 2.5 gram ones work well and I have been using the same ones all season. Some of the lights green and "white" can be pretty bright, I have found the red and the blue work as well without being as bright.

Champion or Z Plastic with a disc light taped to it is the best. If you can, solar lights fit on top of the basket where the flag normally goes, I also put a solar light at the bottom of the basket.

I usually tape a small led on the bottom of my discs. They only weigh about 4 grams. One of the local courses uses patio umbrella lights that secure around the inside pole. Very bright. I'll have toget a picture of them.

Where do you guys think is the best place to tape flat LED lights, top or bottom of the disc? I know that being on top helps to make the light easier to find, but does it alter the flight in any way? Or do they come off easier?

Where do you guys think is the best place to tape flat LED lights, top or bottom of the disc? I know that being on top helps to make the light easier to find, but does it alter the flight in any way? Or do they come off easier?

either way

I tape to the bottom of clear discs, which is pretty much all I throw anyway. I don't think it really hinders the visibility of the disc at all.

I mount mine on the bottom. The only problem with visibility I've noticed is that if the disc annies at all, you lose it in flight for a short period of time. Of coure it is still pretty easy to find.

I mount mine on the bottom. The only problem with visibility I've noticed is that if the disc annies at all, you lose it in flight for a short period of time. Of coure it is still pretty easy to find.

That's my issue with taping it on the bottom, the visibility. Especially when you get one that's not as bright as the rest. When I taped mine of the top, it would come off after 2 strikes from a tree. I believe it happens because of how it curves "away" from the tape. Not sure if I explained this last one correctly.

Just make sure you tape a warm disc with warm tape. If you wait to tape until your discs are already cold or dewy, might as well throw your discs in a lake and go home. Also, I don't recommend the battery/bulk LED combo if it's wet out. If those loose batteries get wet, they'll be corroded the next time you try to use them.

attachment.php

Attachments

• luminaries.jpg
    luminaries.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 169
Bottom

If you tape it to the top its really bright but if your disc lands upside down you got nothing, If you tape it to the bottom its not so bright but you can still see light from an upside down disc. its also worth mentioning that yellow and orange disc light up really bright with a UV light and it doesn't kill your night vision..If you have a fav disc that doesn't glow under UV light you can put a little square of reflective tape on the top and bottom of your disc and it will shine bright if a UV light comes any were close to it... If you buy a badass uv light it works great. though a cheap 9 dollar one will work too but you have to be closer so it involves more walking around.

If you tape it to the top its really bright but if your disc lands upside down you got nothing, If you tape it to the bottom its not so bright but you can still see light from an upside down disc. its also worth mentioning that yellow and orange disc light up really bright with a UV light and it doesn't kill your night vision..If you have a fav disc that doesn't glow under UV light you can put a little square of reflective tape on the top and bottom of your disc and it will shine bright if a UV light comes any were close to it... If you buy a badass uv light it works great. though a cheap 9 dollar one will work too but you have to be closer so it involves more walking around.

glow duct tape is better

Black jacks are nice but have a unique flight. Very overstable!. Thow a nice med anny and get a nice but short(mid-range style) s curve. Bought 4 so friends could join. 6-8 hard used rounds and only 3 work. Not legal but fun and def better than led flashlight as far as ease. .... but glows still my fav

Latest posts