• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nominate a 'World's Best Disc Golf Hole'

"Top of the World" hole 27 at De Laveaga. You cant get a better view than that. THe Monterey Bay and 300 ft of vert. Just incredible after a grueling 26 holes. Just dont throw Hyzer!!

#16 at Idlewild. It's so cool as the creek zigzags across the fairway and surrounds the green. And that the whole fairway is a tunnel helps too. And of course #15 right before it at 1001 ft, but 16 is the coolest hole for sure.

Honorable mentions

#12 at Morningside park in Knoxville. beautiful in its simplicity, you throw a long (450 or so) downhill anhyzer. No obstacles to the right but if you get stuck on the hill, don't give it enough anhyzer and fade into the trees, or overshoot it you're in big trouble, but hit it just right and you've got a birdie. Sadly I've never had the last problem (except on approaches)

#7 at Waynesville DGC in the long position. Par 4. OB to the left, a baseball backstop to your right, a creek if you overthrow, and that's just your drive. There's a decent tree shield that usually forces you to anny approach the pin, which is on top of a hill (360 degrees) to top it all off.

A couple of weeks after I played them, I think that holes 10 and 18 at jordan creek in bethlehem pa should get a nod.

My favorite is most likely #8 (B tee pad) at Wildcat Bluff in Urbana, Iowa. It's 499 ft from one bluff to the other with a tight to open to tight fairway and about a 100 ft ravine dividing the bluffs. Just an amazing view, this picture doesn't do justice #8B but great hole and a local out there somehow aced it on his birthday, talk about happy birthday.

How about a revival of this thread? My vote from the courses I've played would have to be 11 at Sky High.

Hole 1 Idlewild!
Hole 15 Idlewild
Hole 3 Longs Idlewild
Hole 3 Flyboy
Hole 15 Moraine

Pics - Moraine 15 - Most scenic hole i've ever played
6095253475_a9e28c3b17_b.jpg

6095787264_b1901a06de_b.jpg

Idlewild 15
6148730849_194f4214f9_b.jpg

My favorite hole is Idlewild hole 10 though.

Man, those TOTW shots look fun. I need to find the closest one to me,and go play it this summer, just to experience that true feeling of flight.

There are definatly some new ones that should be in here.

Hole 3 Squaw Valley

fJqAN.jpg

JB6x0.jpg

The rock shot Birds Of Paradise

575086_3910003310670_2077940240_n.jpg

My nomination is hole 18 at R.L. Smith here in Charlotte. Not only is it a great-looking hole, but it's fun to play. It's an easy birdie, not to mention aceable--as long as you don't mess up. If your throw is only slightly off, you'll probably bounce waaaaay down the hill. It's a lot cooler than the picture gives it credit for, and it looks amazing when the leaves turn:

71fdb39f.jpg

My nomination is hole 18 at R.L. Smith here in Charlotte. Not only is it a great-looking hole, but it's fun to play. It's an easy birdie, not to mention aceable--as long as you don't mess up. If your throw is only slightly off, you'll probably bounce waaaaay down the hill. It's a lot cooler than the picture gives it credit for, and it looks amazing when the leaves turn:)
That is a great hole (great course) and the picture definitely doesn't do it justice :hfive: The creek definitely comes into play and you're throwing from up high. Loved that hole, except we spent 45-60 minutes looking for a disc to the right of the fairway and my buddy had actually threw an S curve and no one watched it curve back to the left side I guess :doh: