• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

what is a x-out disc and are they worth spending $ on?

They are a disc that has a minor imperfection from the factory that doesnt affect the flight. IE bad stamp or flecks in the plastic. They are a good way to try out a new disc for cheaper than sticker price

They are a disc that has a minor imperfection from the factory that doesnt affect the flight. IE bad stamp or flecks in the plastic. They are a good way to try out a new disc for cheaper than sticker price

where is the best place to find them? I have never seen them in my home disc shop. I have seen a few at play it agin sports. But not meny.

also, back to the hyzer flip question, Bro D is right almost all the time. There are a few freak discs I personally don't believe anyone can hyzer flip in any wind situation short of a tornado/hurricane. Some examples,

Z Xtreme
xXx
max weight CFR Glow Firebird

all stupidly overstable discs that I believe will never ever ever ever hyzer flip for anyone. Robbie Bratton admits the z xtreme is super overstable even for him, and he hyzer flips z predators for distance drives.

I think that they are mostly the ontario mold, which flies less stable than the current rancho. Flip it over, check the tooling

not true, there are rancho big birds, and they're even more stable, which most people believe is due to the large hotstamp flattening the disc more than the normal stamp.

Mine has good stability. It's not quite as flat as my Ice Bowl stamped Roc, but it does have much more stability. I don't think I even have a regular stamped Roc, they're all tourney stamped.

not true, there are rancho big birds, and they're even more stable, which most people believe is due to the large hotstamp flattening the disc more than the normal stamp.

I new there were, but I didn't know how many were ranchos. I thought rancho big birds were pretty rare

I wouldn't say rare, just tough to find, since everyone who has one wants to keep it. Similar to CE Teebirds, not TLs, they're out there you just have to bust your ass to find one.

Ok I have a Newb question. I have been playing for 3 years now...but unfortunately I haven't made too many friends in the disc golf world and usually play with the same 5 or so guys. Well, last week I went out with a new group. Only one of them plays regularly but they were all quite good. But here's the thing:
A. They only use forehand shots....period.
B. They seem to create their own fairways...which is where my question comes into play.

If a hole doesn't have a mando or OB marked on the tee sign.....are you allowed to throw it in any direction you want to get to the hole? I mean these guys completely ignore the fairways to make their forehand shots work for them.

as long as it isn't mando.... playing with other people you'll see lots of seemingly crazy routes taken on holes you would have never thought of.

I will go over everything if it is the easiest shot available. The best players pretty much always take the easiest most predictable shots. A big hyzer is both.

I got a discraft nebula off the bay. There is no stamp on the top and none of the usual discraft text in the rim. So, basically no marking on the disc. Is this normal? Did the ace race nebulas have discraft text on the inner rim? Just curious. Thx!

I got a discraft nebula off the bay. There is no stamp on the top and none of the usual discraft text in the rim. So, basically no marking on the disc. Is this normal? Did the ace race nebulas have discraft text on the inner rim? Just curious. Thx!

Yeah, that's normal. There's no tooling on Nebulae. But it sounds like the stamp was wiped off, I'd look hard to make sure it says 2008 on there.

Latest posts